Where to stay in Bangkok is a difficult choice. There are so many well known hotels in different locations. In the end, we felt we made the right choice with our stay at this hotel.
Our decision to stay here was partly made because the hotel is less than a year old. The new modern but elegant style was very nice. Of course everything looked new and was in good shape, and the overall design was very cohesive and smart. The hotel does lack the classic Thai look, but it is still very nice and pleasant, and you feel like you are in a five star hotel that has a slight cool edge to it.
We stayed in a Grand View Deluxe room. At first we were not happy with the grand view because we faced north and had only a small view of the club grounds across the street. However, we had a very good view of an interesting skyline and decided that we liked this view better after spending time at the pool which has a head on club view. The room was spacious with a soft elegant décor, nice comfortable couch, desk area and good space to store your personal items. The open bathroom was nice with separate shower, tub, and water closet. The room featured a floor to ceiling window and very good lighting. Our butler checked in shortly after our arrival to introduce himself, but after that we really did not have a need to use his services.
We enjoyed the facilities of the hotel often. The long spa like pool on the fifteenth floor was very nice with great lounge areas around it, nice views and great sunsets. The water was a bit cool, but it can be refreshing on a hot Bangkok day. The nearby gym is large with lots of windows and a nice hardwood floor. In fact it was large enough that there could have, and should have been some more equipment in it, but you can still get a basic workout in. Also on this level is a very impressive looking spa, but prices can run a little high here.
We had a wonderful full buffet breakfast each morning in the very modern looking Viu. We also enjoyed our first dinner in the attractive Italian restaurant JoJo so much that we went back again. There is also a new Japanese restaurant and a very nice hotel bar for you to enjoy.
We thought the location was great in a more modern and upscale area of the city, close to the big malls. The direct access to the Sky train was very nice and convenient. We spent some time at some of the famous hotels along the river, and although we thought it was nice to watch the boat traffic we did not find the immediate area that interesting or convenient.
The staff at the hotel was very nice and friendly and is trying hard to help make the hotel the new “it” place in town.
New and pristine, with great amenities, restaurants, and staff, in a city of great and well known hotels, we felt we made the right choice and it will not be long before this hotel makes its mark as a leading hotel in the city.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- The St. Regis Bangkok Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent St. Regis Hotel is a paean to timeless elegance, stately situated in Bangkok's most coveted address along Rajadamri Road, the city's key commercial corridor where major corporations and elite financial institutions make their home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Splendia, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The St. Regis Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.