“5 excellent nights” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2

You added Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 to your Saves list
Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67, Sukhumvit Soi 2 | KlongToey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #53 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
London
“5 excellent nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The location is very good, the hotel is very quiet during the night. It's a 10/15min walking to the station, which for me was perfect, but they also offer a shuttle service if required.
Breakfast was very good, some options of cold and hot food and fresh fruit available.
The service was excellent, staff very friendly and polite.
Room and bathroom very clean, modern and comfortable.
There is also a swimming pool and bar (at night) on the top floor, however I haven't used it.
Extremely happy with the experience and would definitely stay there again. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Andreas P,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Hope you had an awesome visit to "Sukhumvit's Vicinity" right at the heart of Bangkok.

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home.

From the team of Hotel Solo we are pleased and honoured to serve you. I'm surprised you didn't check out the swimming pool and rooftop bar, it seems Bangkok has kept you real busy. I hope in your next visit with you we can have the opportunity to serve you at our Cloud Rooftop Bar I assure you that you won't be disappointed.

I thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website or contact me directly on my email for additional discounts, its the Best Rate Guaranteed!

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is boutique hotel at its finest. At this price point its ten times the value of a high end hotel. Very courteous, helpful staff, spotless rooms, very important especially at lower priced hotels in Thailand... very comfortable king size beds. Location is perfect at most (with baby in tow) 3 minute walk to Sukhumvit and 5mins to BTS to get you everywhere in Bangkok. Its set back enough that the shenanigans Nana is known for are distant but very accessible if your into that stuff. Doesnt matter if your on business, with family or looking for trouble this hotel checks all the boxes for everyone. Food is a touch expensive considering how close other options are but it is in line with the quality of the rest of the hotel. Rooftop pool some may find a bit small but who the heck stays in a Bangkok hotel to lounge around the pool? Thats what the island beaches are for. The pool is fine for laps and the lounge area around it is great.

I use these hotel as my staging point through Bangkok every trip since I discovered it and booked in two more times this trip.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Nathan Wood,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Thank you for your 3rd stay with us and thanks for the "counting", The pleasure is ours.

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest, you are like family to us. Our team is honoured to have served you and we're already missing your baby boy - cutest child I've ever seen.

Thank you for complimenting our "sweet" spot of Soi 2 where Hotel Solo is located. You have mentioned all the good points for all our readers on Tripadvisor.

We have adjusted our F&B menu pricing and increased its variety with a new look of Solo. It will be affective from the 1st of Jan 2014. Its not only in line with the quality with the rest of the hotels but we offer value for money at affordable prices for everyone.

I hope you've taken advantage of our pool with your morning exercise, perhaps your next you can find a buddy to race with across the pool in 1 breath. lol

Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all potential guests. We hope to see your relatives and friends from Canada to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon.

Its great to see you book direct with us. Next time drop me an email with all your bookings to Hotel Solo, its easier, faster and you'll know which free offers you'll get before hand. I look forward greeting you and your child next week, Hotel Solo your second home.

To all our future guests, kindly book directly on the link above "Hotel Website" it takes you to our website or email me directly on my email. Its the Best Rate Guaranteed! I'll always throw in free offers where possible.

Szolnok, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Frequented location but the noise of the city cannot reach to the hotel which is at the end of the street. There are several - most popular - fast food restaurants, local food facilities on the corner of the main street which is a couple of minutes walk from the hotel just like the BTS station (easy way practically anywhere to the city).
Modern design, very comfortable rooms with fast enough WiFi. The swimming pool on the roof is a little treasure - very good to have a splash after a busy day in Bangkok.
Kind staff. They are very helpful and make for solve ASAP problems.
Breakfast is adequate and delicious. Nice clean tables inside and outside of the hotel as well.
It is a not so expensive 4 star hotel. If we will be lucky to return to Bangkok once we will definitely choose this hotel again!

Dear Krisztian G,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We hope you had a fabulous visit to Bangkok's "Sukhumvit" vicinity!

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest by making them feel at home. Our team is honoured to have served you

We are in a "sweet" spot of Soi 2, its approximately 300 meters from the main road and our shuttle is for all guests wanting to travel to and from Sukhumvit main road 24 hours. Thank you for complimenting, I'm sure you had a good night sleep.

I hope you had a great holiday to Bangkok, thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. Its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon.

Next time book direct with us either email me or book via our hotel's website and punch in the Promotional code for additional 10% off.

To all our future guests, kindly book directly on the link above "Hotel Website" it takes you to our website or contact me directly on my email for additional 10% off, its the Best Rate Guaranteed! I'll always throw in free offers where possible.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Perfect hotel as it is quite near to the train station. There is free shuttle bus service from the hotel that will shorten your walking distance to the train station. Easy to find food as there are stalls along the way to the train station. The room is clean and the staffs are friendly. Peaceful and quiet. There is a supermarket nearby which is convenient for you to get some toiletries or groceries. Highly recommended and will visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Graceofy,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We are glad you had a great visit to Bangkok's "Sukhumvit" vicinity!

Thank You for complimenting our location. I'm glad you explored the nearby supermarket, everything outside Hotel Solo is at your doorstep. Ploenchit and Nana vicinity has become the #1 prime spot in Bangkok because nearly everything is 1 block or sky train 1-2 station away from us. We truly are in a "Sweet Spot of Sukhumvit 2"

I thank you again for sharing your experience, feedback and recommendation to everyone. Its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. We try our level best to provide the best service and value for all potential and return guests. Additionally we encourage everyone to book direct with us as its truly the best rate guaranteed, where possible I'll throw in free offers as well, please email me.

Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights on the start of a 6 week trip to Thailand. The central location and close proximity to night life and shopping makes it the perfect place to stay in Bangkok. Its close to public transport which is a bonus. Service was great, the rooms were perfect, breakfast was fantastic and I miss the fresh expresso every morning. Loved the very friendly breakfast staff.
Roof top pool was a bonus with great views from the top. If we came back to Bangkok we would stay here a again as it felt like 5 star luxury on a 2 star budget!! :-) Our expectations were exceeded!!!
This place is off the main sukhumvit road down a dead end street which means its lovely and quiet at night.

Dear SaraNZ2000,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'Moment of Kindness' to all our guests by making them feel at home. Thank you for crediting us as 5 star service, we stirive to do better and better especially with reviews like yours that motivates us. Full smiles.

Thank You for complimenting our location. Ploenchit and Nana vicinity has become the #1 prime spot in Bangkok because nearly everything is 1 block or sky train 1-2 station away from us. Ontop our Soi 2 street is quiet so guests like yourselves can sleep peacefully without any noise like other Soi's in Bangkok. We truly are in a "Sweet Spot of Sukhumvit 2"

Thank You for complimenting our Rooftop Bar. The view is truely remarkable and we're very fortunate to have excellent weather this year.

Your coffee is ready, when are you coming back for some more??

I thank you again for sharing your experience, feedback and recommendation. Its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. We try our level best to provide the best service and value for all potential and return guests. Additionally we encourage everyone to book direct with us as its truly the best rate guaranteed, where possible I'll throw in free offers as well, please email me.

Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

What a great little treasure in a perfect spot.
The friendliness of the staff is exceptional. Like a lot of Thais I've met, just giving them a smile and a friendly 'sawadee khrup or kaa', they can't help but, to smile back in their amazing way and bend over backwards in catering for all your needs.
Hotel Solo is the perfect example of this. The staff is always ready to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

My girlfriend and I stayed in a standard room with double bed and air con. Beautifully designed and incredibly comfortable. The shower is especially great. The toilet door does not reach the floor or the ceiling, so for those couples who are young in love or just like to keep some secrets, you're gonna have to plan around this. Having said that... the rooms are absolutely lovely.

The best thing about Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 is the location. 1 block away from Soi 4, a bussling street of awesome bars and amazing restaurants, 1 block away from the Sky Train (which is the cheapest way to travel in Bangkok), a 5 minute taxi drive from the famous (ping pong) Phat Pong and about an 8 minute taxi drive or train ride to the night markets.

I will be sure to stay at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 on my return to Bangkok. Couldn't have picked a better more value for money hotel.
Enjoy.

Dear Carl B,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'Moment of Kindness' to all our guests by making them feel at home. Our staffs are exceptionally happy with your review, full smiles, reviews like yours motivates us to continue our hard work and keep up to our standards.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, feedback and recommendation. Its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. We try our level best to provide the best service and value for all potential and return guests. Additionally we encourage everyone to book direct with us as we promise to offer the best rate guaranteed and throw in free offers as well.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

very good emplacement for nightlife and shopping. personnel was very kindly. few steps from public transportation and redlight district. pool and bar on the roof. central amplacement but don't worry is a quiet street, nothing disturb your sleep. recomended for young people. George, Romania

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear George S,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest; making them feel at home.

Hotel Solo being in a "sweet spot" truly has its advantage, being quiet and yet just 2 mins away from the red light district with our shuttle service is a perfect fit. Our Shuttle drops all guest to and from the BTS Skytrain. Thank you for complementing our prime downtown location.

We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations. Thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website (see our current promotions) or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Been to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2? Share your experiences!