“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2

Save Saved
You added Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 to your Saves list
Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67, Sukhumvit Soi 2 | KlongToey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
Free 2 BTS Skytrain Tix !
Ranked #30 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent standards, super rooms and pleasent staff.The rooms are modern and very clean.
The bar area and pool, located on the roof is cosy; we would be happy to return to this establishment without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Steven S,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We are very pleased by your review.

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home. Thank you for complimenting our team :) We are extremely happy your stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations and we look forward welcoming you in the near future.

I hope you had a great holiday to Thailand, thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon.

To all future guests, kindly book directly via our website or contact me directly on my email, its the Best Rate Guaranteed, I'll also throw in Free Sky-train Tickets. Do check our Hotel's Website to view all promotions.

Guest Relations

575 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

this hotel is very clean and nice design hotel . very conform of the bed ... nice location to find taxi ..... and shopping ...
nice food they serve ...
but the swimming pool time is too short .... tot want go roof top have some beer ... but it open till 1030pm only....

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Joe Goh J,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We are glad you had a great visit to Bangkok's "Sukhumvit" vicinity!

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home.

I'm sorry if you feel our Swimming pool isn't long, we do however have lots of guests taking their morning laps and they love their exercise ! :)

Your stay with us was from Aug 10-12, and during that period unfortunately it did rain hence we had to shut the Rooftop Bar - Cloud 9 a little early than usual. Our usual opening ours are from 5pm till midnight daily. During 5-7pm its "Happy Hour" where guest can enjoy the 2 for 1 - buy 1 beverage and get the other free.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, feedback and recommendation. Its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon. I noticed that you've booked 3 rooms with us :) May I recommend that during your next visit you do your bookings via our website or email me to take advantage of our special offers! The convenience of our guests is our top priority. As a guests to our hotel, please like us on our Facebook fan page to keep us connected.

Sawasdee Khrap

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fantastic hotel, very comfortable stay here for 4 days in Bangkok, particular impressed with the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to be of help. Down in a quite part of soi 2, however a very short shuttle ride to sukhamvit. Recommend highly for all types of guests

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Slewdern,

Thank you very much for your review and comments, we appreciate that you took the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! We are glad you had a "awesome" visit to Bangkok's "Sukhumvit" vicinity!

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home. Thank you for complimenting our team :) We are extremely happy your 4 night stay at Hotel Solo has met up with your expectations and we look forward welcoming you in the near future.

I hope you had a great holiday to Thailand, thank you for sharing and recommending Hotel Solo to all guests. its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon and as long as 4 days :)

Guest Relations
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

hotel solo is one of the best faily hotel .. Rooms are allthough small but v.good and it is very clean too
we stayed only one night and is was exxllent . and it is in the middle of sukhumvit Nana is about five to ten mins away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Rakaan,

Seeing that you had come in with your family, I'm sorry I couldn't free upgrade you to the Deluxe or Suite room however may I recommend the next time you stay with us you'd book those rooms, it provides more room and further more amenities...I promise you that you won't be disappointed. :)

I thank you again for sharing your experience and feedback, its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo, Sukhumvit 2 real soon. Do contact me directly on my email for the best rate guaranteed or book through our hotel's website for faster booking, I'll throw in free offers where possible. If you have the time, do like us on our facebook fan page as well, link is at our Hotel Solo website.

Bacau, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Rooms were not very clean, location is not great as it appears to be, staff is roude and unhelpfull, still the restaurant had eatable food. The hotel fares were low, but still seamed too much. We regreted we did not pay more for a better hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Andrei C,

I have opened up your portfolio and noticed that you have stayed with us on the 07-10 Feb 2013. Your review is just little passed 6 months. Regarding your concerns, please note the following points:

1) Our Solo Superior Rooms are at a good size at 28sq metre. However I've noticed you've checked in with 3 persons with the extra bed so its only natural you'll feel a little cramped up. May I recommend you and to all guests wanting an extra bed for the 3rd person to book and stay in the Solo Deluxe or Suite Room, it provides a much bigger comfortable area for 3 adults.

2) All our Solo rooms types are cleaned daily, however if you decide to remain in the room and place the non disturb sign outside the door on the 8th February, its not our housekeeping/hotel fault for not cleaning the room, we respect guest's privacy and will not ring the room bell. On the 9th of Febuary there was a no non disturb sign outside your room door, hence your rooms was surely cleaned.

3) Since you had stayed in Feb alot of changes has been made to the hotel including replacing one of the F&B staff. We apologise for her being rude to guests and she no longer works at Hotel Solo. Its our motto that we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home, lots of guests reviews for many months are pleased with our friendly staff. This is crucial.

Our rooms are at a a very affordable rates for all room types. Usually if guests checks in with 3 person we'll provide a free upgrade to guests. However, if the rooms are full, we can't. I encourage all guests to kindly book the Solo Deluxe or Solo Suite for more amenities and bigger space.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, feedback and recommendation. Kindly visit our website or email me to book direct to take advantage of our special offers ! We update these offers every now and then oo our webpage. Currently we're offering Free Skytrain BTS Tickets for 2 person with a minimum stay of 2 nights by booking direct only.. The convenience of our guests is our top priority.

Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I think Hotel Solo Sukhumvit justify the following words," Cannot get a better experience in this cost". There are many things that gives this hotel the edge over other hotels. First of all the rooms are although small for a couple to stay but for a solo traveler its quite good( clean, sound and cozy). Secondly the location of the hotels is very good too, as all the restaurants are just outside the alley and the sky train stations too. the shuttle service of the hotel is very readily available and the staff is also very friendly. i just had a 4 day trip in bangkok and i had a very good time when hotel is considered. i would definitely sign up for the same hotel for my next bangkok trip(holiday or business. for my Indian friends, there is a new bukhara resteraunt in the corner of soi5, if you are a fan of dal makhani then you should definitely try it once.

Room Tip: Rooms in the east are quiter, no ac noise are anything, shower space and toilet space is fine, staf...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Bk7087,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home at an affordable rate for everyone. Lots of smile :)

Kindly visit our website or email me to book direct to take advantage of our special offers ! We update these offers every now and then. The convenience of our guests is our top priority. As a guests to our hotel, please like us on our Facebook fan page to keep us connected.

Sawasdee Khrap

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nothing to say, just awesome! Very clean, very kind reception, good breakfast, modern rooms, working air-conditioner!
You are in the middle of sukhumvit and near everything!! the sky train is a 3 min walk from the hotel.
We stayed 1 night at the beginning of our hollidays and were very happy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalvir N, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Telijean1,

Its nice to hear that you appreciated our service during your recent stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of Hotel Solo, we deliver 'A Moment of Kindness' to all our guest and making them feel at home. We are extremely happy hotel Solo has met up with your expectations and we look forward welcoming you in the near future.

I hope you had a great holiday to Thailand and perhaps your next visit with us you'll stay longer :)
Thank you again for sharing your experience and feedback, its a pleasure to welcome you, your family and friends to the Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 real soon and longer. Do book directly via our website or contact me directly on my email and I'll give you the best rate I can.

reservations@solosukhumvit.com

Been to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2? Share your experiences!