“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2

You added Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 to your Saves list
Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67, Sukhumvit Soi 2 | KlongToey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #74 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Paris, France
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at Solo Hotel a week in January 2013 and I must say I have nothing to complain about... I arrived quite late and was given a smoking room .. Or when I made my reservation through booking.com I have asked for a non smoking room.. the next day as I mentioned it to the desk they changed my room with apologies and put me on an upgrade one.Everything was fine, the staff was very helpful and nice, the room nice and quiet.. It was the first time I went back to BKK , the last one was 10 years ago and I saw many changes but Thai people still stay nice to the tourist.. I am happy to say that I will gladly come back any time and will certainly recommend the Solo to all my traveling friends
JADE

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Jade D
Thank you very much for your positively comment and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your vacation in Thailand. I am very pleased to hear that our hotel staff's and our services had further made you comfortable and satisfied during your stay with us. We certainly try to help out guest's in any possible way we can so that they would have a more enjoyable stay. Thank you again for your kind words and your support is greatly appreciated. I hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews of others and found them to be all true. Though some complained it is far from the main road, I appreciated it being tucked 300m from the main raod, a chance to quiet down from the bustling city. Shuttles are provided to the main road.

It is modern, clean and chic. There is a power point in the bathroom for shaving, a true bonus in a non-international hotel.
The rooftoop pool is a good hideaway for some peace in busy Bkk. I never knew a pool would come in handy in BKK.

The clientele is also pleasant. In some hotels, it is just depressing early in the morning to see sleazy old men with ladies young enough to be their grand daughters.

All in all, I have nothing to complain about and look forward to staying there again.

Dear Weileng P
Warm Greetings from Hotel Solo, Bangkok.
Thank you very much for your comment and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your live in Bangkok. I am very glad to hear that you were happy during your stay at our hotel and pleased to know that our hotel's services,facilities and amenities had managed to make your stay with us even more comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words and your support is greatly appreciated.
I hope you would stay with us in Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, again when you are back in Thailand.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in Hote Solo, the hotel is a bit inside in Soi2 in Sukhumvit but they provided buggy service to the main road which was good. The rooms were quite spacious and the bed was the best I got across all hotels. The swimming pool and roof top bar is small but relaxing for a drink. The breakfast is good but repetitive. They also help in arranging sightseeing. Overall good value for money hotel.

Room Tip: I suppose all rooms are similar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Chshah
Thank you very much for your kind review and choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your vacation.I am definetly happy to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and you were satisfied with the hotel service and facilities in our room. We certainly try to offer the best service as an affordable price. I am glad that you found our team helpfull for your inquires during your stay. I certainly hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand. Have a nice day in Dubai.

Hameln, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent one week in Hotel Solo.

Pros:
- Good location. Quiet area even if it is close to Soi 4
- Call taxi to Skytrain
- Roof bar/swimming pool
- Proper treatment by staff

Cons:
- Everything is smaller than what you can see in the website: my room aroused me the
impression to be smaller, the swimming pool was definetely much smaller than in picture,
same applies for the roof bar
- The furniture and equipment in the room showed traces of have being used by a large
number of guests
- Staff could be more friendly
- Call taxi only from hotel to skytrain but not available when you return to hotel from Skytrain

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Tomatecw
Thank you very much for choose to stay at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit and feed back for suggestion. On behalf of Hotel Solo Management team would like to say thank you for the positive comment and willing to improve for the weak point in operation especially, front line service. Thefore, We hope that you will accept our apologize and give me the opportunity to fix and developing. Anyhow we waiting you come back to Thailand and stay with us again.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for one week in February in room 403.
The Hotel is towards the end of Soi 2.
I did not find the location a problem. There is only a five minute walk to Sukhamvit Road and half way down the road you can cut into soi 4 where all the restaurants and bars are. In fact this was an advantage for me as the soi was so quite I found it hard to believe that I was staying in the centre of a capital city.
I was greeted by a welcome drink by a member of staff and check in was very efficient.
The room I stayed in was of a larger size I have experienced in Bangkok.
There was a flat screen tv, a dvd player and plenty of power sockets to use for a recharge.
There is a huge separate shower with two shower heads.
A separate area with a sink and a mirror and toiletries are replenished daily
There is a separate toilet.
Tea and coffee facilities are provided in the room along with complimentary bottles of water.
The bed is extremely comfortable and sheets and towels are changed daily.
The breakfast is American style which included ham and cheese, rolls, cereals, fruit and some rice and noodle dishes. You could also order an omlette.
The staff were very professinal and had a good understanding of English.
Special mention to the manager Mr Manoon Yulthanawa who introduced himself to me and asked if my stay had been pleasant and the bell boy (I forget his name but he was Burmese) who was always smiling, spoke good English and was always on hand to assist if required.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Solo Hotel represents good value for money and my stay was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Furcoat
Hopefully you have a wonderful day at presently, Greeting from Hotel Solo Sukhumvit2 Bangkok/Thailand. Thank you very much for kind interest and stay with us and enjoyabel during stay as we know that the hotel staff made you comfortable stay. Our service will continue to improve and provide our best to you & our clients. Anyhow in the name of Hotel Solo staff waiting you come back to stay with us again in the near future. " Welcome"

Best reagrads,
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I just stayed 1 week at the SOLO hotel, and i'm very happy with my choise. Nice hotel in a quit soi of Thanon Sukhumvit , no bars no loud music and only 5 minutes walk from Sukhumvit road and very close to BTS station. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Small but nice rooftop swimmingpool and good Cloud nine lounging. Did not have breakfast at the hotel because i prefere to go out and have some streetfood, wich is plenty to be found in the neighbourhood.Rooms very clean and aircon is ok .looking forward to come back here in 12 days !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear IVO1PHUKET
Warm Greetings from Hotel Solo, Bangkok.
Thank you very much for your comment and choosing Hotel Solo during your vacation. I am very glad to hear that you were happy during your stay at our hotel and pleased to know that our hotel's services,facilities and amenities had managed to make your comfortable stay. I am also happy to hear that our staff's had made your stay even more smooth. Thank you again for your kind words and your support is greatly appreciated.
I hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand.

New England, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights before our trip to phuket,and for another two nights before going home,room 606 was good! however room 603 had blocked sink and shower,also had card left for guests which i could not believe,asking us to re-use the towels!! they are not the best towels and to have to use them twice or more is an outrageous request.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Hardy 97
Thank you very much for choose to stay at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit and feed back for suggestion. On behalf of Hotel Solo Management team willing to close up the staff and improve in there area. Thefore, please accept our sincere apologize for any inconvenience in this occasion. Hopefull you will accept our apologize and give me the opportunity to fix and developing in service job. Anyhow we waiting you come back to Thailand and stay with us again at Hotel Solo in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2? Share your experiences!