“Better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2

You added Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 to your Saves list
Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67, Sukhumvit Soi 2 | KlongToey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #54 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 698 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

It took us a while to get to the place because it was located in a tiny lane. Our local friend drove us to the hotel. Our first impression was, what a small hotel this is! Our check in process was swift - a welcome drink was included too! Our room was much bigger than what we saw on pictures. Its furnishes were quite new too. Upon entering, we had two lights which were not working, we had requested for them to be fixed but because it was almost 10pm, they could only fix it the next day and we obliged. But only one was fixed when we returned after a whole day out. Even the bathroom lights were brighter than all the lights in the room combined!

We had forgotten to put our towels on the floor after use, and we had to call for fresh towels at night. Each time, warm towels were delivered to my delight! A hand towel is not provided and we usually requested for an extra towel to dry our hands. Would prefer to have a hand towel placed near the sink though.

Wifi signal was strong but it kept disconnecting. Each floor only had one router in the middle of the corridor, and I was allocated the last room which was about 3 rooms away from the router. My signal would get cut off when I entered the furthest corner in the room - my bedside.

I loved that wall sockets were installed in many places in the room! As I travel often for work purpose, it annoys me when hotels do not have sockets by the bedside, or insufficient sockets for me to plug my humidifier, laptop, etc.

Staff were very friendly, including the bell boy Eff who helped us get the shuttle driver from the hotel next door, and kept us company while we were waiting for our taxi driver to send us to the airport. Everyone speaks English and you will not be lost in translation. You have to share the shuttle out to the main street with the hotel next door. There was one day where we waited for 10 minutes for the driver who was busy helping guests bring their belongings up to the rooms. We decided that it was faster walking out instead. True enough, by the time we reached the main street, the shuttle pulled up next to us dropping its passengers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Geneviveee
Warm Greetings from Hotel Solo Bangkok.
Firstly, Thank you for choosing Hotel Solo for your stay during your vacation.I am definetly happy to hear that for our welcome to made your impression. We certainly try to offer the best service as an affordable price. Anyhow, some point to me and developing area hope you will give us a chance to improvement and do our best to serve you. I certainly hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand.

Warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First impressions of Hotel Solo were pretty solid. The staff was nice, if not that somewhat phony over politeness you tend to get in South East Asia. We checked in around 9 PM with no problems. The room was clean, but definitely showed signs of wear and tear (ratty towels, etc). We were pleasantly surprised to find it had a 'balcony' or more of a 2 foot wide by 7 foot wide space. Where everything went to hell was at breakfast buffet the next morning. The hotel lobby serves as the dining room as well and at 10 AM, the place was madness. The staff were running around not accomplishing much, the manager was yelling at everyone including guests and the food was taking forever to come out. All this for 350 baht for 2 people. Despite al this, the location is nice. Soi 2 is a good street as it is a quite at night, within 5-10 walk of gogos, bars, and amazing food with the subway being fairly close. If you do book here, I suggest you skip all the food at the hotel and walk down Soi 5 or 7 where you can get an amazing meal for 50-100 baht.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Chris B.
Greeting from Hotel Solo Bangkok/Thailand. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for kinds word and reccomment. Please accept my sincere apologize in this occasion of any inconvenience. I promise and training process is important for us. Hope you will give us a chance to developing in service and communication skill. Waiting & welcome you back and stay with us again in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked a room at Hotel Solo January 8-13th.
When I arrived at Hotel Solo I was told there was something wrong with the light in my room and all the rooms were occupied for my first night, so they arranged an really nice and big room in the hotel next to it (literally two steps away) for the first night. To make it up with me they offered me an upgrade super nice and big room for the rest of my nights there! :D
It was amazing! The staff treated me like a princess. They were really friendly, polite and helpfull. Especially the manager (Manoon Yuthanawa) and the staff behind the front desk (with special thanks to Eff) made my stay perfect.
Even when I had to wait for the free hotel shuttle service, the hotel manager hailed a motortaxi for me and paid him to bring me to Sukhumvit Road! So nice of him, and what a service!
I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Ms.Yu Mei O
Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful day in Holland. Thank you very much for selected and stay with us at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2 Bangkok/Thailand. Thanks again for your positive comment and made us willing to improve for straight in our service. We hope that you will come back again and give us a chance to provide the room and all service to you in the near future. Waiting & welcome.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

No complaints with this hotel - it's in a quiet Soi less than 10 minutes walk from Nana or Ploen Chit BTS stations - although if you don't want to walk there is a free tuk tuk that will drop you off at Sukhumvit Road near Nana station (you'll have to make your own way back though).
Rooms were very clean and comfortable - a decent size although not as big as some of the other hotels I've stayed at nearby.
Small swimming pool and bar on the roof of the hotel that was very nice to relax round. Staff were friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Robbie A
Firstly, Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Solo during your vacation. I'm very glad to hear that your stay with us was a enjoyable and very happy. Thank you again for your kind word and understand us for a golfcart complimentary service to the main Sukhumvit road. Anyhow I hope your will be back to Thailand and stay with us again in the near future. Welcome sir,

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel from 27th to 31st Dec 2012...perfectly priced and u get more than what u expect...location is superb considering the entertainment is a 2min walk away....the station is a 10min walk....food at the hotel is good...rooms clean...couldn't ask for a better place to start my Thailand journey

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. SimmerSingh
Warm Greetings & Thank you very much for your positive comment. I'm very happy to hear that your stay with us was a enjoyable and pleased to know that our strategic location within near distance to the sky-trains was of good convenience for you. Anyhow I hope your comment to be a good channel and convey to our valuable guest in the near future and I hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand. Waiting & Welcome.

Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel was rediculously clean! We loved coming home every evening after sight seeing and spending time at the bar/pool area on the top floor (nice view and atmosphere). I did feel that the location was far away from the major sightseeing attractions such as the Grand Palace. It was very close to and within walking distance to the Sky Train though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Managersolo, Manager at Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Kaffyjafry
Warm Greetings from Hotel Solo, Bangkok.
Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Solo for your stay. I am very glad to hear that you were happy during your stay at our hotel and pleased to know that our hotel's services,facilities and amenities had managed to make your stay with us even more comfortable especially, Pool area and equipment was new set up and developing atmosphere. Thank you again for your very kind words and your support on this.
I hope you would stay with us again when you are back in Thailand.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights and found the location was good - easy five minute walk up the soi to the main road where you could hop on the sky train or walk down other sois with restaurants and bars. The roof top pool was in near of some renovations, shabby furniture and a 'bar area' that seemed to have been closed down.
The food in the restaurant/lobby was decent, but there is better food in the surrounding area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Welp(United State)
Thank you very much for your recomment and choosing Hotel Solo during you stay in Thailand. I'm happy to hear that our hotel's room and hotel facilities had make your stay comfortable. Please also aceept my sincere apologyze for inconvenience to our developing in Restaurant area but, We will do shortly time. Anyhow please give me a chance to improve and provide our service to the best.
Thank you again for your comment and hope you will come to stay with us again.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Solo Sukhumvit 2? Share your experiences!