“A real oasis and beach in the center of the hot Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
MOSCOW, RUSSIA
“A real oasis and beach in the center of the hot Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Modern hotel. excellent finish and design, convenient location. In Bangkok, a lot of great hotels but this one is special. If you're tired of the bustling city, you have the real green gardens and swimming pools right in the center of the city. if you need shopping, the shopping center just 20 meters away. great room suites with private balconies. very good room service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. Stone throw to Siam Paragon and 5mins walk to Central World. A very good place for chillaxing as well... pools surronded by building make u feel like resort. Remember to try their Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin Thai restaurant too.

• Stayed July 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

An amazing value for money for this real 5 star hotel located in the heart of Bangkok (Siam) and around main malls. What's great here is that you don't feel you are in one of the busiest area of Bangkok thanks to the big garden and its four or five pools where you can relax, swim, eat and drink.

The decoration is very tastefully and modern and rooms are beautiful with a wonderful opened and marble bathroom.

The breakfast, that you can take in the garden, is very good with both local and international dishes.

Don't hesitate, just book at Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok.

Room Tip: Take a room with view on the pools and garden.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and i have just returned from a trip to bangkok. We have residents in Thailand for 8 years and visit bangkok often. This time we chose the Kempinski not only because of its renowned service and standards but because we wanted to be close to the main shopping district. We were firstly overwhelmed with joy at our choice when we arrived at the property. Its grandeur, lovely lobby and the fact that it wasnt dozens of stories high was a notable pleasantry. The staff were fantastic, spoke fluent english, and their was a lovely lady singing jazz with her partner on piano which was just magical. we were sorry that we had only stopped there for one night. This is now officially our favourite resort. It felt like a second honeymoon, from the spacious suite with an amazing bathroom, to have a champagne breakfast to the resort-like feeling in the hotel. Double thumbs up. I doubt there has been a finer hotel experience. i have stayed in many of the branded hotels in bangkok and this place is amazing!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I don't normally do repeat reviews on the same property, I feel it defeats the purpose... but had to break my own rule for the Siam Kempinski. Our recent stay was nothing short of exceptional.

I've read through past reviews on this hotel, and I am surprised there are so many bad reviews out there. Perhaps we have been extraordinarily lucky, but I can say that after many repeat stays at this hotel throughout the course of the year, we have never been accidentally given a lower rate room, had problems with mosquitoes, or issues with check in requests. We've only received upgrades at check in and we are not even GHA members (perhaps it is time we look into that!) Early check and late check out have always been available to us, and seem to be granted merely by request at reservation.

Yes, breakfast can be crowded at times, especially on weekends when the hotel is at full capacity. But there are a few locations to choose from, even the restaurant Sra Bua was utilised to serve breakfast. On this trip, we were fortunate to be able to enjoy the use of the executive lounge, where complimentary buffet breakfast, all day dining (canapes and small finger food), and cocktails were available throughout the day (cocktails are chargeable outside of happy hour between 5 pm - 7 pm). The main course at breakfast is a la carte, which has a good selection and plentiful, not just the usual run-of-he-mill fried eggs and bacon. They are also very flexible with choices and able to mix and match. Again, yes, there was a short wait for the main course after ordering, on Saturdays, even the Executive lounge was operating at full capacity. I didn't mind the short wait, and occupied ourselves with the buffet selection. We were after all on holiday.

About 3 days prior to arrival, we received a welcome email reminding us of our reservation and asked for our list of requests. Our every little request was attended to upon our arrival, which included pillow choices, restaurant bookings, early check in and late check out. Check in was done within a very short wait of 10 minutes, even before we finished our welcome drink and cool towel. We were shown to our room thereafter, where our suitcase was already there waiting for us. Maybe this was because we arrived early in the morning and the hotel was not busy as yet.

Our room this time was one that had direct pool access. This was a really nice alternative that I had previously overlooked as I was afraid of noise. I'm happy to report that the room is pretty well-insulated. It was wonderful to be able to wade in and out of the pool at any time of the day. The terrace is shady and, from what I observe, the pool at that end of the hotel tend to be the least crowded and noisy. Beach towels are placed on the lounge chairs at the terrace and used ones are replaced throughout the day. Only thing to perhaps be conscious of is to ensure the sliding glass doors are locked before stepping out for the day.

With the Siam Paragon literally a handful of steps away from the hotel, Siam BTS station right at the door step, and golf buggy rides to take you to Central World, what's not to love? There's no where else I would choose to stay in Bangkok!

Room Tip: The suites costs a lot more, but trust me, they are worth it.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel and remarkably good value for what it offers. The lobby is very impressive, although when I arrived this weekend the receptionists were finding it hard to cope with the number of people arriving and I was told to wait in the lobby seating area until they had checked me in. Then they told me my room would not be available until 3pm - not a problem as I was aware of the check in times but had arrived at 12.30pm on the off chance. When I finally got into my room it was very impressive - spacious and modern with a nice view over the pool, and a huge king size bed with the softest pillows and duvet imaginable. Breakfast was included in my package and very good it was too - I had eggs benedict with bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. Only slight criticism is that the toilets just outside the breakfast dining room were rather smelly, this needs addressing. Otherwise a great hotel which I would highly recommend to anyone coming to stay for either business or pleasure.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We traveled with my wife and two kids (1 and 3) and we enjoyed staying in this hotel very much. Check in is excellent, fast and smooth. I showed my GHA Platinum and received nice room upgrade (they did not have to upgrade us, but it helped being with family of 4).
Breakfast was a bit busy for the first day, but you can select different venue, which may not be that crowded. We tried their barbecue dinning and they served us the best food in Thailand (and I believe the food in Thailand is one of the best in the world). Definitely worth to pay the 5 star price (try their mango with coconut rice, it a masterpiece).

Pool is ok, not large, but will do the job. Siam shopping mall next door is nice, transportation rail hub in the mall is a great option if you want to travel around the city fast.

Next time in Bangkok, we will stay with Siam Kempinski for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Siam Kempinski Hotel? Share your experiences!