“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Trondheim, Norway
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Fantastic in any way.
Service, staff of any department exelente.
Breakfast wonderful, did not have dinner at the restaurants.
Location as perfect as you get it if you are a gold star shopper.
Rooms are roomy and bathroom good size.
Got nothing negative to say about our 6 days stay.
Beateful poolarea.
My best hotel expiriense so far.
A big plus....the hotel is only one year old.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I have gone through the reviews many time, everyone has nice thing to say about this place. I'm spending 13 nights here at Kempinski. This is my 3rd night and i haven't got bored with the view, the room, the hospitality, the gold cart travels(the guys downstairs sent me to Central World and nearest BTS station.

I stayed in many hotels in many countries but from Kempinski i'm bringing back good memories of the place stayed back to my country.

I go speechless to talk about the hotel and my room. It's mind blowing. The Sky Train nearby takes you everywhere. Siam Paragon is few steps away. Swimming pool is fantastic. You room is cleaned up when you return. Omg, the juice they served when i checked in was so refreshing and i haven't got the name of it. Someone please help me out plsss...

This hotel is literally a heaven for the busy people who is staying away from their haggard life.
The breakfast is awesome. Nothing more to pour but any queries please do msg me, i can shed more light about the hotel..Thanks!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I've been to numerous five star hotels and thought this one ranked pretty highly. The service was warm and friendly. The bathroom in a deluxe room was luxurious and chic. Breakfast was mediocre compared to the Four Seasons. The location was excellent! Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Get a balcony and book online at a discounter to get better rate than with the hotel direct.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We picked Siam Kempinsky to stay during our recent trip to Bangkok because a friend had recommended it. Plus, the website of the hotel was rather well done. Booking a room was a breeze and we knew what we were getting in terms of room as well as services. So we were prepared for a rather pleasant stay. But what a surprise! We had an extraordinarily pleasant stay! The hotel exceeded all our expectations by yards!
First off, we arrived early morning at Bangkok but our check in was only at 3 pm. So after pondering for a while about checking into some hotel nearby (The Novotel near the airport has decent rooms and rents by the hour- something that budget travelers could check out) we decided to go ahead and take a chance with the hotel. A pleasant ride of about 30 -40 minutes brought us to the hotel and what an impressive lobby! The reception desk staff was most courteous and most helpful and checked us in without much fuss (although we had to pay for half day- which was fair). The room was superb, all fittings were high quality, fantastic TV, superb beds, gorgeous bathroom (glass walls!), great working table, enough room to walk around. Super. We had access to the Executive lounge and that was a benefit as we could get something all day. We mainly used that for our breakfast and dinner and the stuff served there is the same as what they serve in the main restaurant. Menu is a bit restricted for vegetarians but that was not unexpected in Thailand.
The pool was great, the courtyard was nice and cosy, the poolside café was pretty good. Great ambience. When we tried room service it was prompt and efficiently handled and the food was served with great aplomb and style. Their Thai green curry was good enough to die for!
We must comment on the service. I have read as well as personally experienced that the service quality of Ritz Carlton of Singapore was among the best in the world. I must say here that the service quality of Siam Kempinsky was of exceptional variety and bettered what I have experienced even at RitzCarlton. And that is saying a lot because Ritz really maintains very high standards. The Kempinsky is new and I hope they maintain these standards. I have travelled to Ritz Carlton for 5-6 years successively once or twice every month on business and found their standards to be exceptional every single time. That’s the kind of standards to live up to. Kempinsky qualifies but we need to see whether they can sustain it.
Must also comment on the location. The hotel is bang in the middle of bustling Pratunam area, within hailing distance of all the big shopping malls. So convenience is great. The Siam Paragon mall that is right across the hotel is a super one, great for quality shopping. Good eateries too in that mall so you wont really have too much problem about food. Usually we do look out for Indian food on our travel but this time we never had the need because the type and quality of food that was available nearby was superb and we went thru an entire 5 day holiday without eating any Indian food!!
We were celebrating my wife’s 50th birthday and it really turned out to be a memorable and most enjoyable one. Thanks are due in big heaps to the Hotel, its location, conveniences and above all, great ambience and great service. Strongly recommended for everyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Great location, rooms look fantastic, BUT not enough storage space for a couples clothing, and especially in a city where tourists buy clothing.
The 1st morning we queued for breakfast, the second my wifes' meal was not what was ordered, and we found our room flooded on return.
Due to the rectangular design of the building the lifts were a hike away from the room, although the hallways were attractive due to the wonderful Thai artifacts displayed along the way.
Management were pompous and did nothing to eleviate any problem. The Thai staff acted quickly to clean up.
We were booked for 18 nights, and lasted 2, before changing to the InterContinental, an older hotel, with fantastic space, better selection and volume of food, and staff that went beyond the call of duty. Our experience at the Kempinski was a nightmare and ruined the initial two days of one of our many trips to Bangkok. We are returning to Bangkok in December, and cannot contemplate staying at the Kempinski.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully designed, but actually are small and not worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Phuket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel is a few steps away from Siam Paragon. If you love shopping, this is your place to stay.
Even with the location in the heart of town, it is amazingly nice, quiet and peaceful. Just like they say it's a resort in the city.
I love this hotel from when I set foot in. From the front door to the spacious lobby to my hotel room.
Everything is just elegant, but still make me feel nice and warm.
Staff are also attentive and polite.
As a GHA Platinum member I was upgraded to a next room category, don't remember which one though, complimentary hi-speed wi-fi in room and late check-out til 3pm.
Upon check-in, I requested for 4pm late check-out, though they were fully booked, they were very nice to arrange for 3pm check-out while they tried to sort out my request.

The other thing I love about the hotel is they have the saxophonist plays nice, sweet mellow tunes in the afternoon, and the jazz band play lively ones in the morning.
I love to sit in the lobby, of course spacious, but with so many guests still offer a nice corner to sit and enjoy the music.

When I returned from my dinner, my bed was turned down, The Lady in Red left a note for me to call at any time should I require any assistance. It's a nice touch.

I love the bathroom with a big tub and mirrors everywhere. It makes the room feel neat and not boxy.

In short, I love this place and will definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a GHA member, you can get free in-room wi-fi, late check out and room upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My family stayed twice at this hotel, early October 2011 and late October 2011. We booked on the first stay a two bedroom suite and on teh second stay we hade two Cabana Rooms which you step into the pool from your verandah. The property was very clean and was built to a hi standard. The rooms were fantastic and very well apointed. You had access to the 17th floor lounge and it was located next door to a big shopping centre, which they will drive you to in the golf buggies if you wish, no need but.

Would recommed it and stay again.

Room Tip: Cabana Room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Siam Kempinski Hotel? Share your experiences!