After a pretty average experience in President Palace, I checked into Kingston suites and loved it.
I thought it was great value. I got a great deal on wotif.com with free breakfast and late checkout - both of which they honored.
The room was big, and the shape and set up was like a room you might have at home, which makes it very comfortable. Most other hotels have long skinny rooms which feel very unlike home. Hard to explain - just look at the pictures.
The room had opening windows, which was a nice touch. Although it was hot an noisy outside, it was nice to have some "fresh" air from time to time.
The breakfast was ok with standard buffet fare and your choice of freshly cooked eggs. The room service I had was good.
Generally I found the service to be prompt and friendly. I also liked the free computer / internet use in the lobby.
The air conditioning was very effective, although a bit noisy. This suited me because the background noise helps me sleep (I use a white noise machine at home)....but it may not suit everybody.
The only real downside is the location. It is a fair way down soi 15, so it's a pretty long hot walk to get to Sukhumvit road / Nana BTS station. There's also not much of interest down soi 15 either like restaurants and shops. However, I'd still recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Suites Bangkok Hotel
- Kingston Suites Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sukhumvit Soi 15, a quiet location, yet just off the trendy and busy Sukhumvit Road, Kingston Suites is conveniently positioned only a short walk from both Asok and Nana BTS Skytrain and Sukhumvit MRT metro stations. Kingston Suites is a uniquely defined Bangkok boutique hotel. Distinctively set aside from the outside hustle of the city life of Bangkok, with a European style facade and motifs, this Bangkok hotel has artfully blended elegance and style with modern amenities. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year 's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Special Promotion up to 30% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Kingston Suites Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.