We stayed 7 nights in the hotel from 15th to 22nd June. The location is pretty good. A 10 min walk to both the subway and the sky train station is a great locale. Sukhumvit Soi13 and the main road between 13 and 11 has a number of Indian restaurants so that makes it good for Indians.
At Rs 5000 per night for 3 adults, including breakfast, the hotel was no doubt value for money.
We had a 36 sq m deluxe room where an extra bed could fit in along with a king size bed.
The people manning the hotel are really sweet and courteous. The reception, housekeeping, the tuk tuk driver - you name it. You feel at home.
We had 3 key concerns about the hotel:
1. Swimming pool - this is an apology of a pool. Their mentioning it is more of a tick in the box than of any real use. We did not use it at all. It is too small. More like a kids puddle play pool.
2. TV channels - very few worthwhile TV channels. Whilst the world cup football was on, we could not see a single match. 2 Fox Channels for English movies, that is it.
3. Breakfast - 7 days a week: hardly anything changed in the menu items we were interested in:
1. Juices - no fresh juices. Pineapple and orange.
2. Fruits - pineapple and watermelon
3. Salads - 4 varieties if you don't mind having cucumber, tomatoes, onion and salad leaves in the morning for breakfast
4. Some yoghurt
5. Veg item - saute potatoes on 4 days; french toast on one day (poor egg eaters lost that choice), waffles on one day
6. Cocoa frosties replaced some other frosties on Day 5 after taking it up with the GM. Corn flakes remained as they are
7. Tea and coffee - you cannot ask for stronger tea. Even for giving you an extra dip there is a charge
8. Whole wheat bread and white bread.
9. Choice of eggs (fried, scrambled, omelet)
10. Sausages and bacon
11 Baked beans
12. One soup, stir fried mix vegetables and noodles with vegetables or equivalent, fried fish, steamed rice (more like lunch items than breakfast but perhaps Thais don't mind that)
The sad part on the breakfast was that we complained to the Hotel Manager on Tuesday about it. Still hardly any action was taken through the week.
Given our schedule, we did not miss the TV and swimming pool too much.
Sukhumvit 13 has a wonderful Indian restaurant Punjabi where you get buffet dinner at 200 THB which is awesome value for money. There is also a wonderful hair saloon cum spa run by Pui. You feel pampered out there for a haircut or pedicure/manicure.
Do be careful late evening to avoid walking in dark alleys and stick to main SOIs. One person attempted to grab our handbag on day 1 and we learnt to keep our bags always away from facing the road.
We also had 3 incidents of people allegedly hailing from Dubai trying to engage us in a conversation about Mumbai, wanting to see Indian currency and the dollars we had. I suspect they are carrying fake dollars and would love to make a quick switch. So BEWARE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sukhumvit Soi 15, a quiet location, yet just off the trendy and busy Sukhumvit Road, Kingston Suites is conveniently positioned only a short walk from both Asok and Nana BTS Skytrain and Sukhumvit MRT metro stations. Kingston Suites is a uniquely defined Bangkok boutique hotel. Distinctively set aside from the outside hustle of the city life of Bangkok, with a European style facade and motifs, this Bangkok hotel has artfully blended elegance and style with modern amenities. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year 's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Special Promotion up to 30% discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Kingston Suites Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Suites Bangkok Hotel Bangkok