“no good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mambo Cabaret Show

Mambo Cabaret Show
59/28 Sathu-phararam 3 Rd., Bangpongpang, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120, Thailand (Sathorn)
0-2294-7381-2
Improve this listing
Ranked #216 of 457 Activities in Bangkok
Type: Performances
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“no good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

is not worth the price n they forced us to take pics with them by grabbing our arms

bangkok
34 attraction reviews
“classic lady boy show. All in good taste. Some very funny comic routines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The venue for this show has changed, it was formerly in the Sukhunvit area of bangkok, now it is in Chongnonsi area.
There is a new purpose built theatre for this show.
A little like sitting in an old style cinema.
Fantastic costumes and sets which change so quickly from one song to another.
Beautiful lady boys "katoi" as they are called, perform a host of classic songs in glitzy style.
The show is peppered with comic routines, one in particular seems to have its roots in Japan, and is a classic of south eastern asian humour.
Quite a lot of simple slapstick style comedy. Highly reccommended for a fabulous light hearted start to a night out. Interestingly, next to this venue is a theatre which shows classic Thai performances.

Visited March 2011
Seattle, WA
11 attraction reviews
“Not worth the money or travel time...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Mambo Cabaret has moved out of the city to Rama III. It took us over 1 hour to get there in Bangkok traffic, and the fact that the cabbie didn't even know where it was. The building is run down and there is nothing around (restaurants, bars, etc.) so you really are just coming for the show which wasn't even that good. I wouldn't waste the time or money.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“won't believe, unless you try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I went there with my tour group, and most of the pople did the same way like me. We arrived at around 6.30 pm and had dinner before the show,there's a nice restaurant just opposite the theater building (I forgot the name). The show started at 7.30 pm, ya of corse we just had a very very nice meals, we just like to satdown a couple more minutes in that restaurant, and we late for about 10 minutes, we've just missed the opening of the show.

First you enter the theater building, you should take a stairway to 2nd level, the entry is located there. There's a small bar just next to entry door offering a free softdrink, don't worry to take it, you are allow to bring F&B inside the theater, they sell beer and others beverages, but for me the price is quite expansive than outside.

Inside the teather you'll be seved by an "Opera - Like - Theater" , I mean the layout and the decoration is quite fancy. The chair is nice and comfort (don't go there when you are so tired, you'll get sleepy there, I did once :D ), every two chair is equipped with a table, so don't be affraid to put your F&B or others belonging. The audio is okay, but not really the best for such a theater. Lighting is good, match with the decoration.

The show was great, that might be over 50 performers who looks like a "real woman", but actually the don't. The play a several roles with different background story, some were just funny and silly story. Although physically they look like a woman, the voice is still a man, it made me laugh all the time when one of the actress speaking with his real voice. Once the show has finished, the actress will be standing along the exit door, the offered a photo session, you must try and have to pay for the charge. This is your chance to proove it is he or she a real ??? haha :D, almost every performers there did a fully plastic surgery made them looks like a real woman, one of them, the face just looks as twin as Siti Nurhaliza's face (famous malaysian singer), I can't believe untill now !!

Just be aware, some of the actress are not really nice, the tend to push you to take photograph with him, once you get trapped, you can't escape. 100 bahts is for one actress, however, if there are three actress offering you a photo session you have to pay 300 bahts, wonder if there were more than 10 actress coming to you offering a photograph, and you can't refuse it, how much you should pay ??? :D :D :D

Visited October 2011
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Harrassed by ladyboys. Money for photo taking.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We arrived half an hour late because the taxi driver got lost. Upon arrival, we were given 50% off the price for the show. Reception and staff were nice. We were escorted to our seats. (Good so far)
The theatre wasn't full maybe due to the flooding situation.
I'm a second time cabaret viewer but it was the first for my friend and we both find the show great despite being only viewing it for half an hour.
Upon exiting, the 'artists' waited for us at the exit and a group of them called us for photo taking. (With my experience with 'Calypso Cabaret', the artists were accomodating with photo taking and they were free). So my friend and I took photos with the 'Mambo artists' and they were asking us for money asking THB50 per person. And so we gave THB100 since it was the two of us although we didn't know we had to pay for photo taking. But they were arguing with us asking for more saying that its THB50 per artist and showed us the coupon for photo taking which we did not get or know of at all.
The amount per artist were not a big deal but the way it was dealt with was dissappointing.
We were both 'harrassed' by the boys (All of them shouting at us) asking for more money. Scary.

Visited November 2011