“Wow, a definite must!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Seattle, Washington
“Wow, a definite must!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I hadn’t been here before, but my husband had on multiple occasions and swore it was really good Mexican food. Seeing as we can get great taco trucks, I was a bit skeptical till I bit into that taco. Wow, it was great….even better than our favorite truck in the States. I’m making a note to come back during our next visit, it is definitely a must.

Reservations, if they take them for the evening, would be a must. We lucked out and got a high table outside (so can’t speak to the noise levels inside), but it was one of the last and actually in front of the next door restaurant.

Visited June 2013

68% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ugh don't listen to whiners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is AWESOME! I am usually so-so about Mexican food, but I was beaming after my meal here. I had the soft tacos with fish, chicken and beef, and it was soooo good. I was very very happy. If you'll notice, the whiners on here are crying about it being too loud and too many children...UGH! The food is delicious, what more do you want! Honestly, this is the only reason I'll never go into the restaurant business, people are so whingey!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Good option for Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I like their food and have never had a bad experience with their food or service. Staff have tended to be attentive. The place is small. And probably because of that the noise when the place is full is horrendous. There is an echo, too, which seems to amplify the noise generated. It's not a place for a conversation. On top of that, sometimes the music is way too loud. When I have lunch there and get out, I feel like I've been in a bar or nightclub. When it is not crowded and the music is low, then it is a nice place.

Visited June 2013
“Fresh Habanero Salsa and Mexi-style Tacos!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've been a salsa addict since I was a baby. I like it hot, as long as it's fresh and the flavor is good. The first time I ate at La Monita I was hooked on the Roasted Red Tomato and Jalapeño Salsa, and the spicy Habanero Salsa. The tortilla chips are good(maybe the best in BKK), even though they are not fresh cut and fried in the restaurant.
The guacamole is good, but you have to squeeze a bit more lime on them; and if you're like me you have to add some chopped jalapeños or eat with a bit of salsa.

As far as the food, there are several good options, but my go to (often 3-5 times a week) are the pork Carnitas or Carne Asada(steak) mexi-style tacos with either grilled flour or corn tortillas. Simple but tasty; will remind you of a taco truck in the States. The fish, chicken, Chorizo and Pork Al Pastor are good as well, but I'm a steak and carnitas guy.

Other good dishes are the fajitas, the chimichanga, burritos(if that floats your boat), and even the enchiladas. But if this is your first time, stick with the Mexi or Cali style tacos.
I've heard that the Aroz a la Cubana (rice w/ egg and meat) is boring, and although they offer tortas I haven't tried.

The margaritas are more then good.

The interior design could use some work, but I usually try to sit on the sidewalk when I go, but I usually order delivery via ChefXP.

It isn't cheap, (approx. 250baht for 3 tacos) but for Americans who are Mexican addicts, this is one of the few places in Asia that holds up to the taquerias in America.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've only ever been here for lunch but it's always busy. Food is good, portions are good. Nacho fries delicious but dangerous! Only issue was I found some plastic wrapper in my food but credit to the management they didn't charge me for the item. yes I will go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to La Monita Taqueria? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage La Monita Taqueria, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.