“Quality food, quality service!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silk Road

Silk Road
61 Witthayu Road (Wireless Rd.) | Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 8,171 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Dim Sum, Cantonese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The finest Cantonese cuisine is prepared by our chef from Hong Kong. For lunch there is a large selection of Dim Sum. An á la carte menu with an extraordinary variety of Cantonese specialties is yours to enjoy at lunch and dinner.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Quality food, quality service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love everything about this restaurant, from the service, the food, the interior, to the people who dine here. I have been on a hunt for an authentic Cantonese restaurant in Bangkok and I finally found one! Silk road it is. I visit Hong Kong for its amazing food twice a year, and I must say Silk Road offers the kind of food you would find in Hong Kong. The Dim Sum, especially the shrimp shumai, is fresh and the texture is just divine!! Same goes to the deep fried taro, which is crispy on the outside and tender in the inside. I know I'm going to dream about this place every night!!

• Visited May 2013
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Manager at Silk Road, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Scottiya

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review of Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Your positive feedback regarding our service, cuisine and ambiance is highly appreciated. We do indeed have an amazing team that strives to deliver an authentic Cantonese dining experience. Chef Kam, who comes from Hong Kong, tirelessly selects only the highest quality ingredients and fresh produce to create exquisite and memorable meals. Thank you for your kind remarks, I will be sure to share them with the team to recognize their continued efforts.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

• Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious and exquisite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A boutique dim sum restaurant for a quiet and peaceful meal. My wife and I had the 950Baht dim sum buffet and most of the items were well-made and delicious. This is coming from someone who loves dim sum and had sampled quite a few good places in my homeland Singapore and Hong Kong. While the cost is on the high side, what you get are really top-notch dim sum with good ingredients. Mr Tongchai the manager was also friendly and attentive even when the place started to get crowded.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear WinstonChong,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us at Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you found our dim-sum buffet to be high quality. Our Chef endeavors to use only the freshest ingredients to create authentic Cantonese dishes for all our guests to enjoy. I am also very happy to hear that you found the service excellent, Thongchai and his team continuously strive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our valued guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing to dine with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Lovely smallish restaurant. Delicious food, attentive service and three different kinds of chilli with the meal! Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
Dear aidblogger,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent dining experience at Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you appreciated the atmosphere and that you found the cuisine to be delicious. Moreover, it is encouraging to know that you found that our associates were attentive, I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind recommendation and for choosing to dine with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Silk Road at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

“Best Peking Duck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family most favorite Cantonese restaurant in town. We have known Chef Kam for many years and he always come to greet us on every visits. His Peking duck and Shark fin soup are the best in town. Tim sum is excellent as well and the quality is on par to those found in top HK restaurants. Mr.Thongchai, the Manager and staffs are very friendly and efficient. We visit here almost every week.

• Visited March 2013
Dear SuluckP,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is an absolute pleasure to have read your kind comments regarding the cuisine and service of the team at Silk Road. Chef Kam does indeed prepare some of the finest Cantonese dishes and your comments are a true testimony to all the efforts put forth by the team. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Once again, thank you for sharing such nice compliments. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Bangkok
“Excellent quality of food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a regular customer at this restaurant. Apart from very very attentive service, the food quality is excellent. I usually have dim sum buffet lunch and am very pleased with every single menu. Last week, I took a group of friends there and everyone was satisfied and gave compliments. However, it can be very busy on weekends so, if possible, I would opt to go on weekdays. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013