“Best Peking Duck” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Silk Road

Silk Road
61 Witthayu Road (Wireless Rd.) | Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 8,519 Restaurants in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Cantonese, Dim Sum
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The finest Cantonese cuisine is prepared by our chef from Hong Kong. For lunch there is a large selection of Dim Sum. An á la carte menu with an extraordinary variety of Cantonese specialties is yours to enjoy at lunch and dinner.
“Best Peking Duck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family most favorite Cantonese restaurant in town. We have known Chef Kam for many years and he always come to greet us on every visits. His Peking duck and Shark fin soup are the best in town. Tim sum is excellent as well and the quality is on par to those found in top HK restaurants. Mr.Thongchai, the Manager and staffs are very friendly and efficient. We visit here almost every week.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear SuluckP,

Thank you very much for your continuous support and loyalty towards Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

It is an absolute pleasure to have read your kind comments regarding the cuisine and service of the team at Silk Road. Chef Kam does indeed prepare some of the finest Cantonese dishes and your comments are a true testimony to all the efforts put forth by the team. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. Once again, thank you for sharing such nice compliments. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

• Thai first
Bangkok
“Excellent quality of food with excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a regular customer at this restaurant. Apart from very very attentive service, the food quality is excellent. I usually have dim sum buffet lunch and am very pleased with every single menu. Last week, I took a group of friends there and everyone was satisfied and gave compliments. However, it can be very busy on weekends so, if possible, I would opt to go on weekdays. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wandering the world
“Wonderful dim sum lunch menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm a big fan of dim sum, and also Cantonese cuisine. This restaurant didn't let me down. I only had time for a quick lunch during the week, and ordered from their a la carte menu. Service was quick, friendly and accurate; food quality was extremely high. It is somewhere between a four star and five star approach to dim sum and Cantonese cuisine. I left completely satisfied, and wanting to return.

Visited January 2013
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear MrDiningGuy,

Thank you very much for the time that you have taken to write a review of your recent dining experience at Silk Road in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

It was a great pleasure to have read your kind comments regarding your recent visit to Silk Road . I was very happy to hear that you found the service excellent, we continuously strive to provide exceptional customer service to all of our diners and your kind comments have been passed on to the team to recognize their efforts. It is also wonderful to know that you found the food and dishes to be high in quality. We try to use the freshest local ingredients to create authentic Cantonese dishes for our guests to enjoy.

Please allow me to thank you once again and I hope we will have the pleasure of your company in the future at Silk Road at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. The prices were high, actually very high, but I felt like it was worth it because the food was really really special. The service was perfect too.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Silk Road, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Mick B,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent experience at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely happy to learn that you appreciated and acknowledged our Chinese restaurant ‘Silk Road’ and can describe at as one of the best restaurants you have ever eaten at. I will be sure to share your high praises and kind comments with our team and I know they will be thrilled to know how much they have been appreciated. I am also delighted to hear that the service was very good also, here at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel we aim to provide all our guests with the quality of service and personal attention for which we are well known.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel n the future.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Great and Friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a very gorgeous hotel and very friendly staff. I went to have Chinese food at Silk Road, last month. It was my first time there. i was so impress staff there. They were so friendly and gave a warm welcome to me. i was very happy. For Chinese food , it was my first time to try Jelly fish with oyster sauce that one of them recommended. it's really delicious and also Pakking Duck and fried noodle with duck, etc. All of them were amazing food and service.
Moreover, it was my pre birthday dinner, all of thank for the staff to sing a happy Birthday song in Thai/Eng/Chinese. the cake was really delicious, tasty. It was a great dinner that i ever had. Thank you!

Thank you for gave me a very warm welcome and great experince. i was really impress.
Keep your service and friendlly like this and forever. I luv Plaza Athenee.