“Fantastic dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok
61 Thanon Witthayu (Wireless Rd.) Road | Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We ate there for my birthday and after being for a long time in bkk I can surely say it s one of the best thai restaurants in bangkok. The atmosphere was perfect like the decor and service was amazing. The food is good and really tasty. Suggest to go there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear DomenicoN,
Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent dining experience in the Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable birthday dinner with us. I am thrilled that you not only appreciated the atmosphere, but also the service and our authentic Royal Thai cuisine. It is indeed an honour that you consider Smooth Curry to be one of the best Thai restaurants in Bangkok.
Let me thank you once again for your kind review and recommendation. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

87% Recommend
  • Thai first
sydney
“Nice meal to start our holiday in Bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We arrived in Bangkok late and decided to go somewhere close by for dinner. We ended up at the Plaza Athenee, up the road from our hotel, and decided to have a Thai meal. We ordedered my favourite Pomelo salad with prawns, which was a generous dish of crispy fried prawns (with deepfried heads) on pomelo salad. The prawns were delicious and the flavour of the dressing was great, just enough chilli and saltiness, sweet and sour. The second dish we ordered was a pork curry dish. We asked for medium hot, and it was delicious and not bitter as some thai curries tend to get, and the serving was a good size. The last dish we ordered was a Thai chicken with vegetables dish with basil, also very good. The only problem I have with it is that they only had bottled water, and the water and coke were almost Bt300. The meal cost Bt1850, not cheap, but it is a hotel restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear kappyaus,
Thank you very much for sharing your detailed review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to dine in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
I am glad to learn that you had an enjoyable dining experience with us. Our Chefs endeavor to use only the freshest, highest quality ingredients in order to create truly authentic Royal Thai cuisine. Your kind words are a great encouragement to the team and I will be sure to share it with them.
Last but not least, I would like to thank you for taking your time to post this review and I hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
“Good but nothing special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Food was good but nothing that special.
Service was pretty good.
Atmosphere pretty average.
Ok for a meal if you are nearby but wouldn't go out of your way to go there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Bianca D,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor about your dining experience in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
I am concerned that your recent dining experience with us did not exceed your expectations. We endeavor to deliver memorable meals using only the highest quality ingredients, truly authentic Royal Thai flavours coupled with outstanding service. I will be sure to look into your concerns with the team and thank you once again for your feedback, it is indeed a helpful source for our improvement.
May I thank you once again for your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“This is still our favourite restaurant in BKK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant through Tripadvisor when we arrived Bangkok more then a year ago and it was a great surprise. The decoration is nice, the food is wonderful and the waiters are great. We have been there at least once a month in the past year and have not been disappointed once. Great place!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Manager at Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear tfrogk,
First of all, the team and I would like to personally thank you for your continued support of Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. It is rewarding to not only receive such positive feedback on the service our associates provide, but also the authentic Thai Cuisine we offer. Thank you for taking the time to post this review on TripAdvisor. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Smooth Curry for another enjoyable meal.

“Bad Manager Maypreeya”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I just finished the terrible dinner, a staple pin was hidding in the dish, I did not notice it, I put the food with the pin in my mouth, hurt my mouth of course. I called the waitors , they were very nice to me, said a lot of soory to me.
Then ,the manager Maypreeya came , told me it is impossible to find a pin in dish, asked me who found it and where it be found, without saying any sorry, just kept on saying impossible, and very rude to us.
I posted the receipt photo as attched file.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Neilson,

On behalf of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel, I would like to express my sincere apologies for this unfortunate incident and for the manner in which our associate dealt with you. We endeavor to maintain the highest standards of cuisine and customer service and such feedback is undoubtedly concerning. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on E-mail: Gilles.Evrard@lemeridien.com so that I can further discuss this unfortunate incident with you.
Thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Gilles Evard