“Excellent dinner experince” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok

Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok
61 Thanon Witthayu (Wireless Rd.) Road | Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent dinner experince”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to smooth curry to have a good dinner but it was not good, it was excellent. we love Thai food but can,t eat spicy. we order curry not spicy but it was really hot (maybe it was not hot for Thai people but for me it was really spicy) and i really Appreciate Mack (Madhukar Ahir) he was so attentive i observed that he checked every single table for guest satisfaction and when he came to us i really did,t want to complain but he just came and said oh your face is red i know it is spicy i really apologies for this. can i change it just give me 5 min and i will get it changed. And after that Mack got some complentry watermelon and i really appreciate it because i really needed it. And later on Mack introduce Chef to us. Over all it was really a great experience in Smooth Curry. Thanks Mack we will come back again to see u. :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear merry K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this detailed review about your dining experience in Smooth Curry in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I truly appreciate that you highlighted Mack and his attentive service. I am always proud when we receive such positive feedback and I will be sure to share this with the team. Should you return to our hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know as we would be delighted to accommodate any special requests that you might have. We are always happy to accommodate our valued guests’ requests as it undoubtedly ensures a more enjoyable dining experience.

Thank you once again for your excellent and inspiring review and I we all look forward to welcoming you soon back to Smooth Curry at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Kind Regards,

Gilles Evrard
Hotel Manager

87% Recommend
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Smooth Curry was so good I went twice in 4 days. Alisa and her team will look after you well. Try the red duck curry and satay washed down with a Singha beer.

Visited March 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Sica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

l'd love to eat thai food, especially Tom-Yum-Koong. I went to try at here that's so good taste and i like their service, their waiter...umm he's Mr.Kittisak (idk how to write) 'cause i cant eat spicy food and tell him, normally in others i order 'spicy not much' and then still spicy !!! but at here he's a good waiter that i ever had. I can remember his face and his service. I'll go again and order with him. :-)

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Everything about Smooth Curry was excellent - the food, the ambience and the service. Prices are steep but worth it for the experience. I had read many positive reviews before we went there and we were not disappointed. Can highly recommend it.

Munich, Germany
“Simply wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Just had an absolutely amazing and wonderful dinner at Smooth Curry...probably the tastiest Thai food ever!

The restaurant is very nicely designed, and it shouldn't stop you that it is on the third floor of a hotel. Staff was super friendly, always available without being intrusive or disturbing and catered to all our wishes.

The food: We shared a lime-chili fish (absolutely one of the best whole fish I ever had, the spices were superbly delicious and I could not stop raving about how good it was), a pork curry (also excellent in flavor, nicely spicy and a banana blossom salad (to die for).
Everything was bold in flavors, spicy the way we like it an ordered it......

Highly recommended and as we are still at the hotel, we might go again.