“Just as good as we remember it from a year ago” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smooth Curry

Smooth Curry
61 Thanon Witthayu (Wireless Rd.) Road | Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
US Virgin Islands
“Just as good as we remember it from a year ago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We always stay at the Plaza Athene in Bangkok. Last year Smooth Curry got a new chef and it made all the difference. Food became a culinary experience again, as it should be. The menu is designed to offer food of all Thai regions with it's different characters. Good Thai food will exercise all you senses for sweet, sour, spicy and salty. Only when you can distinguish all these flavors (as it is the case at Smooth Curry) you got very good Thai food.
Excellent food, ambience and attentive service with the Thai Smile make dining at Smooth Curry a memorable experience. So much so that we dined there 4 out of 7 nights. Something must be very good. We like to thank the chef for a her culinary delights and May for the perfect service.

• Visited October 2012

• Thai first
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

While it is nowhere cheap by local standard (~200B for starters and desserts, and 400~500 for main сhef's dishes) it nothing most western can't afford them from time to time and it is definitely worth it. Everything was top notch, the food, the serving, the service, the atmosphere. There not even a tiny thing I can complain about!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Pavel A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to Smooth Curry Thai restaurant at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am truly grateful for your kind words as we strive to provide each of our guests with an incomparable dining experience and it is therefore pleasing to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience. Thank you as well for commenting on the service you received, our associates are truly our greatest asset and I will pass your review onto them.

Thank you once more for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Smooth Curry at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent mango with sticky rice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went to Smooth Curry for dinner at 6.05PM. Being the first customer, I was seated immediately.

I ordered the sea bass with steamed rice for my main dish and the mango with stick rice for dessert. The sea bass was tasty and well-cooked although some parts smelled a little fishy. The sea bass gravy was sour and spicy and went very well with the steamed rice. The mango with sticky rice was scrumptious.

Service was attentive and very good. My server advised me not to order another dish as the sea bass would be sufficient for one person. His recommendation for dessert – the mango and sticky rice – was spot on. I have not tasted mango that good for a long time.

The next time I am in Bangkok, I will try the curry dishes.

• Visited September 2012
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Although set inside the Plaza Athenee Hotel, this restaurant is not up to what is expected to such a place in terms of food (very blant taste or too spicy to compensate the lack of flavors) and some staff conceited. I have been around more than 15 years and know that there are many other restaurants around offering much better thai food experience. I would not recommend it.

Visited October 2012
Dear CHRISTIAN D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your visit to Smooth Curry at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Méridien Hotel.

I was very concerned after reading your recent experience at Smooth Curry Thai restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the venue not living up to your expectations. Here at Smooth Curry we use fresh and local ingredients and produce dishes we think will be popular at any given time of the year. Also, I am sorry about the experience that occurred with some of our associates, normally the service of our team is excellent and it is therefore extremely disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. This does not reflect our normal standards at all and I can assure you I have taken the issue very seriously to avoid any reoccurrence.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and I hope this occasion does not deter you from visiting Smooth Curry Thai restaurant at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Méridien Hotel in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Perfect blend of Food, Ambience & Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

I visited the Plaza Athenee hotel after reading reviews of Smooth Curry on TripAdvisor.
We took the fancy elevator up to the restaurant & were guided to the place by a very welcoming staff.
I must mention that the minute we entered, the most remarkable thing that struck us was the music - the pleasant and melodious Santoor (an instrument from Kashmir, India) was playing in the background. The decor was classical Thai fused w/ contemporary. Seating was spacious and comfortable & we immediately got a baby seat.
We were a group of Thai, Indian & Japanese (5 persons), & the food was to all our tastes. I did hear from my Thai colleague that the place is frequented by the Thai top officials from the Govt. The other guests were mostly families & a European couple.
There was also an exclusive 12-14 seater room for larger / formal gatherings.
The food was good. The overall experience wonderful. We all really enjoyed the evening.
The staff was quick to response and could understand and speak English well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Smooth Curry, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Amby_J,

Thank you for choosing Smooth Curry Thai restaurant Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

With regards to our associates we strive to provide the best customer care to our guests and I am therefore thoroughly delighted to hear our associates were welcoming and attentive. I am also very pleased to hear that you found the atmosphere of Smooth Curry to be most pleasurable. We wanted to combine traditional and contemporary Thai style with a modern twist to keep our guests feeling the warmth of the Thai culture but in a present setting. Thank you for your comments on our food, we try to update our menu to provide food we know will be popular with guests at given times of the year.

May I thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again at Smooth Curry Thai restaurant at Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.