“Great Buffet. Excellent Service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Rain Tree Cafe

The Rain Tree Cafe
61 Witthayu Road (Wireless Rd.) | Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 8,056 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, European, Dessert, French, Japanese, Seafood, Thai, International, Fusion, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Experience all-day dining in a relaxed atmosphere. An extensive menu is yours to enjoy, featuring dishes that have been specially created for the health conscious. Grand buffets are also available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
Bristol, UK
“Great Buffet. Excellent Service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a reliable choice for a buffet within a 5 star hotel. The food is varied, with lots of different cuisines so great for a group (you see a lot of group celebrations here). The weekend can be very heavy on seafood, but most people like that at a buffet.

My only comment would be on the most recent trip the lamb joint on the carvery was 'seared' and too rare. I enjoy rare beef but the lamb was raw, and should be 'pink'. I saw lots of plates with the lamb left, which I guess means others shared my concerns.

All in all an excellent buffet with a good range of food to suit all tastes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear JUDITHbristol,
Thank you for sharing your review and for choosing to dine in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

We do indeed strive to offer a wide variety of cuisine on our Buffet in The Rain Tree Café and I am delighted that you enjoyed it. I have noted your concern with regards to the cooking of the lamb and I will be sure to address this issue with our team to ensure that it does not happen in the future.

Thank you again for dining at The Rain Tree Café and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon.

• Thai first
Bangkok
“Best Sunday Brunch in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Incredible selection of oysters, caviar meats and cheeses
Very friendly and attentive service A great way to spend your Simday with friends We were 22 of us and all agreed definitely the best in Banhkok

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear BangkokCarnivore,

Thank you for your support of The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you all felt that our Sunday Brunch in The Rain Tree Café is the best in Bangkok. Your kind feedback is a testimony to the dedication and hard work our associates put forth to ensure that all our valued guests enjoy their dining experience with us.
Thank you once again for your compliments and we look forward to have the pleasure of your company in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Hotel Manager
“Great selection of seafood and great services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Had my brunch there with group of my friend and it ends up the best Sunday brunch we ever have. The services was great and food selection was excellent. I'm a seafood lover and if you are, their lobster is must try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear ArchieHong,

Thank you for choosing to dine in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you felt that this was the best Sunday brunch that you have ever had. It is indeed a honour to receive such praise and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon to The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel for another memorable meal.

Bangkok
“One of the best brunch in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Excellent ! Quality, diversity, service, are perfect. The possibility of a bottle of champagne for 2 is the must ! I highly recommend it.

Visited June 2013
Dear LineBangkok,

Thank you for dining in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for sharing your kind comments on TripAdvisor.

It is always inspiring to hear when valued guests such as your selves appreciate the service our associates provide together with the extensive variety of cuisine we offer on our popular Sunday Brunch. I would also like to let you know that we have recently started themed dinner buffets where by guests can enjoy a different themed buffet each evening. On Sundays we showcase fabulous French Cuisine, Mondays we have an Italian theme, Tuesdays we have a German theme, Wednesdays we have a Latino theme and on Thursdays we feature an Asian theme.

Thank you once again for your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Superb service and mouthwatering taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food and service were excellent. There were many things to choose from and the staffs were eager to service. I am utterly impressed with this restaurant. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Patrick P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. Your compliments on your dining experience in The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel are greatly appreciated. We do indeed offer a wide variety of authentic cuisine and I am thrilled that you appreciated it. I am also delighted that you felt our associates offered excellent service, I will be sure to share you feedback with the team.

Thank you once again for your kind recommendation, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to The Rain Tree Café in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.