“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rain Tree Cafe

The Rain Tree Cafe
61 Witthayu Road (Wireless Rd.) | Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2650 8800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 7,833 restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, European, Dessert, French, Japanese, Seafood, Thai, International, Fusion, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Experience all-day dining in a relaxed atmosphere. An extensive menu is yours to enjoy, featuring dishes that have been specially created for the health conscious. Grand buffets are also available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
Bilthoven, The Netherlands
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

On Mother's day (May 12, 2013) we had the most fabulous Sunday Brunch Buffet at The Rain Tree Café.
We hadn't booked in advance ,( which I advise you to do, because it's mostly fully booked) but the staff were very friendly and they asked us to wait for a couple of minutes to get us a table.. It was worth it!
The choice of food is incredible. I didn't know where to start. Very well presented. They had an great selection of seafood, Asian food, European food, cocktails, soup, bread, Fench cheese and desserts. Wine to go with the food, and very good coffee to end with. It would get a Michellin star in in Holland. It was shame I couldn't taste all the food. so a good reason for me to visit this restaurant again.
Martin, thank you for your good advice.
Helma Heynen

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Fantastic food variety with best service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Food quality and choice are way beyond the price...amazing how the hotel and maintain such an amazing quality of both food , beverage and service from all the staffs and especially a very well attentive service director. We come here almost every week and plan to keep it that way.

Hong Kong
“We enjoyed our Sunday Brunch very much again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

After travelling outside Thailand for more than 5 weeks we were looking forward to the Sunday Brunch at The Rain Tree Cafe.
Again we were not disappointed.
Beside all the sea food as sashimi a wonderful caviar tray, a fantastic Cheese selection and other dishes we must point out the following:
The dill marinated salmon was almost as our own and today it tasted dill. Delicious.
The pan fried Foie Gras well done was today the best we have had at the RTC.
The Mango Sticky - fantastic
The Peking duck is still one of our favorites.
We love the bar where we can order our much liked Mojitos and Coffee Amore.

A great lunch at one of the still best Brunches in Asia.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Rain Tree Cafe, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Tomberra,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor and your continued support for The Rain Tree Café.

It is indeed a pleasure to receive such praise for our Sunday Brunch at The Rain Tree Café. Our team endeavors to offer one of the top venues for Sunday Brunch in Bangkok. I would like to let you know that our team has made further enhancements to our Sunday Brunch, such as specialized a la carte dishes and the featuring of the champagne “Veuve Cliquot”.

We do pride ourselves on maintaining the exceptional standard of cuisine and service, so your comments will definitely encourage our culinary team to keep up on exceeding all our valued guests’ expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind comments and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to The Rain tree cafe in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Laguna Beach, California
“Excellent Specialized Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I are staying at Plaza Athenee Bangkok and we recently enjoyed dinner at The Rain Tree Cafe down in the lobby. Not only does the cafe offer an amazing and diverse buffet...they also catered to my wife's gluten-free (GF) vegetarian requirements. The Executive Sous Chef, Thibault Chiumenti, personally visited our table and asked my wife what type of food that she would like for dinner, whether it was on the menu or not. Chef Chiumenti completely understood my wife's GF requirements and he proceeded to make her a special, custom meal to meet her needs and tastes. It was very impressive and we were very thankful. It's not always that we enjoy this type of luxury while traveling in foreign countries. As an added touch, Chef Chiumenti sent up 4 GF macarons to our room....Amazing customer service. We'd highly recommend The Rain Tree Cafe in Bangkok!

• Visited April 2013
Dear HeppaT,

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at our The Rain Tree Café and your kind compliment for our Executive Chef Thibault Chiumenti is greatly appreciated. I feel very honored to work with such an amazing team that every day brings their professionalism and hard work to ensure each of our valued guests expectations are met. I am very pleased that your wife enjoyed the special gluten free dishes.

I would also like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. We all hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
“Am I missing something?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Perhaps the answer is yes, because most people seem to be talking about the buffet. I dined in this restaurant relatively late in the evening and ordered from the a la carte menu. The food was ok, absolutely nothing special, and nowhere near meeting my expectations from reading reviews on here in advance.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear tm2982000

Thank you for dining in The Rain Tree Café and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am concerned that your a la carte dining experience did not meet your expectations. We offer a variety of dishes in The Rain Tree Café, including our daily sumptuous buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner, as well as our Sunday brunch which is particularly popular. I am disappointed that we are not able to make your dining experience extra special. We welcome and value your feedback as it is always a helpful source for our improvement.

I would also like to let you know that we also have four other specialty restaurants in our hotel that are located on the third floor, offering modern French, classic Thai, authentic Chinese and Japanese cuisine for our guests’ dining pleasure. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to any of the restaurants in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything in particular we can provide you with to further enhance your dining experience.