“top of the top in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Reflexions

The Reflexions
61 Witthayu (Wireless Rd.) Rd., Plaza Athenee Bangkok | Lumphini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+66 2 650 8800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 7,373 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, Fusion, Bistro
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“top of the top in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Amaizing , fantastic. congratulation for all team to keep the top level for the reflexion.From the started to the Dessert all is delicious.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Perth, Western Australia
“Amazing Modern French Cusine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We recently enjoyed a wonderful dinner at The Reflexions. German-born head chef Daniel Burcher has created an inspired modern French menu with the 'wow' factor. There is a choice of a set menu or 4-course a la carte, we chose the latter which offers two appetisers and/or soups, a main and a choice of either dessert or cheese for 2400THB pp. I was delighted with my selections - crispy pink trout with 'black carpet, lavender and vegetable coal' (inspired!), the BEST lobster bisque I've ever had, lamb rack with black truffle, rissotto and baby vegetables and a delicious chocolate fondant with vanilla bean icecream. Breads were terrific and served with properly salted butter. In between each course is a complimentary offering including salmon cooked by Daniel on a hot rock at your table. Service was EXCEPTIONAL and the dining room is uber cool with huge photographic montages of urban Bangkok lining the walls juxtaposed with images of provincial France projected onto a far wall. The music was supplied by a harp player.

Wonderfully contemporary surrounds, exceptional service, stunning cuisine and a charismatic (and cute!) chef - all make for a most enjoyable and memorable special night out. Check it out!

Visited June 2013
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Itch-4-Travel ,
Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to dine in The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
It is always gratifying to receive such praise for Chef Daniel and his team. They do indeed strive to deliver exquisite French Cuisine that is coupled with outstanding service. I will be sure to share you kind comments with the team as it certainly reinforces all the efforts they put forth.
Thank you once again for dining in The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and we hope we will have the opportunity to see you soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Meal and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived slightly early for our reservation, which we found was at the restaurant opening time of 6pm. After waiting a few moments the restaurant (and the others on the same floor) opened at 6pm and we were promptly seated, with the hostess asking us if we were satisfied with the table.

Decor has a purple motif and a more modern feel than I had expected, with a projector showing views of Italy- overall very nicely done.

Menu is often listed as French, but I found it to be more fusion in terms of selection which was a good thing. Wide variety of food types with an equal balance of seafood and meats for a main course. Large wine menu with an ample selection of cocktails and mocktails available.

We started with lobster bisque and oysters, both dishes were very good. For a main I had the turbot which was excellent, if a bit on the small size in terms of portions, whereas my fiance had the more substantial wagyu duo. If there was any disappointment I'd say it was the wagyu, which we found was unusually flavourless- both the sauce and the beef itself.

The bread, sherbet, and 'shot' were all very good.

Service is of a very good standard, especially for Thailand where dishes can sometimes appear and disappear at unusual times. Obviously a lot of training and it showed. As we left the staff presented my fiance with a flower which was a nice touch.

Overall a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear JW8448,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review on TripAdvisor and for visiting us at The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am very happy that you found the service provided by our associates to be of a good standard and that you liked the atmosphere and décor of the venue. I am also delighted that you appreciate the extensive menu that we offer. I am however concerned that one of the dishes, the wagyu beef that did not meet your expectations. I will definitely look into this matter with the team. It is feedback like this that undoubtedly helps us to continuously monitor and improve our valued guests’ dining experiences at The Reflexions.

Thank you once again for dining in The Reflexions and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent French Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had dinner at this restaurant for my 30th birthday together with my girlfriend. I tried the set menu "colours" which consisted of 6 different dishes + some extra complimentary dishes like the delicious tuna cooked on a heated round rock by the chef himself at your table.

All my dishes were cooked to perfection, and the frog legs and lobster bisque were the two absolute highlights of my meal.

My girlfriend tried the other 6-7 course menu which I believe was called "seasons" (not totally sure about the name). She was also very happy with her dinner experience, except for her dessert. Maybe her tasting my delicous chokolate fondant with birthday greetings was partly to blame for that.

The staff are friendly and professional. Had a nice long chat with the german chef after we had finnished our dinner. Truly a nice guy with a great passion for his work.

I will go again some other time I am in Bangkok.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Joggebukselomme,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review on TripAdvisor about your dining experience with us in The Reflexions at the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.
It is a true delight when valued guests such as yourselves have a wonderful dining experience. Chef Daniel, at The Reflexions, is indeed a very creative and passionate chef that strives to create memorable dining experiences for all our guests. With his creative concept in mind, Chef Daniel and his team have won acclaim from both local diners and international travelers. Recently, The Reflexions has been awarded TripAdvisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence. We feel very honoured for receiving this award and would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the other patrons of The Reflexions for sharing such positive feedback.

I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable evening and that our associates were friendly and professional. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Reflexions.

Taipei, Taiwan
“great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

superb service! Every detail was taken care of by their genuine service. We had a rough day, but both of us were blissfully happy when we left the restaurant. The food was the best I had in Bangkok. My partner and I both order the 2400 set courses, which you get to choose any 3 courses from the a la carte menu and it come with dessert. Yes! Anything! Foie gras or waygu beef without any extra charge. Moreover, they also offer a 15% off discount, if you have SPG membership. You can simply register one if you don't. Its completely free! After the discount, our bill for two was around 4600 with a glass of champagne. When we were leaving, the server gave me a single rose bouquet to end the beautiful night. Amazing service, amazing food, amazing value! I simply couldn't find a reason not to go back with I am in Bangkok next time.
服務一流,氣氛佳,食物是我在曼谷吃過最好的!
服務生感覺十分真誠,每次稱讚他們,他們就會流露出靦腆的微笑,笑得很開心.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at The Reflexions, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear MissB293913,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious review of your dining experience in The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you consider our cuisine to be one of the best in Bangkok. We strive to provide our valued guests a most memorable dining experience, creative cuisine and friendly yet professional service. I am also thrilled that you made use of your SPG membership. We do indeed offer a variety of exclusive special offers and promotions to our valued SPG members which can be viewed on spgrestaurantsandbars.com

I would like to thank you once again for your patronage and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to The Reflexions in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Hotel Manager

Been to The Reflexions? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Reflexions, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.