“Adequate for our 8 hours here” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport

Save Saved
You added Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport to your Saves list
Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 4, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Concourse G (West Side) | International Departure Terminal, Bangkok, Thailand   |
Ranked #603 of 755 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Adequate for our 8 hours here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had around 8 hours to kill in BKK. Thai Airways gave us 2 rooms for free here so I can't complain about the price. As we didn't want to leave the airport and the Novotel was just way too expensive, we were quite happy with this accommodation. Small room and tv, but it's somewhere to lie down and shower. The food at the coffee shop was actually quite tasty too!
I paid for a very good thai massage at the hotel. Yes, I would stay here again if I have another long layover in BKK.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I had a short meeting at Bangkok airport so thought i would just sleep there rather than heading to a hotel outside. Was that a mistake! Should have read the reviews here first.
What a dump. Worst was the 30 minutes I spent trying to find the place, the lack of signage and incompetence of the BKK airport info desk is truly amazing. Once I found the "hole in the wall' I could not believe what a had spent $110 USD for - OMG the single beds were hard as rock, no clock (in an airport "hotel"!), a broken TV, and a disgusting bathroom with next to no amenities.
Best part was at check-in when she warned me to be out by 0830, even though my flight was at 1330. Don't worry honey, I'm leaving as fast as I can. I won't be back and saw many people sleeping in couches in the area. Now I know why. Obviously they were no fools. That's a lot of money to pay for a cold shower!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Would you like to have a clean bed, hot shower, and a quiet and reasonably priced room? Then do not stay here.
The hotel is noisy, the rooms are stuffy, small, and dirty, and the bathrooms are disgusting. Unfortunately I have had to stay here multiple times over the past year due to layovers for work trips to SE Asia. I am hoping that one day there will be a real hotel in the BKK airport and this dump will go out of business.
Forgot to mention: lousy service as well.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. If you must, then ask for a room that is NOT on the terminal side. You will listen...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Louis Tavern is located at Concourse G which is at times quite a walk if your disembark at a distance. Nevertheless, an average place. I will not recommend it for an over 6 hours stay. Place is often noisy with arrival/departure announcements.

Snack served are minimal and overall cost is quite high.

Place is suitable for a 3-4 hours stay.

Neat rooms with shower facility. They provide toothbrushes and toothpaste, two water bottles in the room. Wakeup call is available.

Room Tip: nothing special to report.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here as our connecting flight with Thai Airlines was delayed and they gave us a voucher for this place. I am extremely glad we didn't pay for it.

The 'day rooms' we went to were at concourse A, 3rd floor. There is another one in the airport which did look a bit nicer. Our voucher didn't include a bathroom and when we asked for one we were told we would have to pay an additional $100 for six hours! We didn't bother and found that there were communal showers available which was handy.

The rooms are very sparse and basic, however as you're not in them for very long, this isn't a problem. What was a problem though was the 6 inch wide gap in the wall that ran from the floor to the ceiling between our room and the room next door. It was wide enough for be to be able to see into the room next to us. From a safety perspective I would not want to stay in this room as a woman on her own.

We could hear our neighbour snoring, his conversation on the phone and what he was watching on the television. It was all so clear he may as well have been in our room with us. Obviously not his fault, but do not come here expecting to get a good rest. In addition to the noise from the neighbouring room, the other walls are so thin that you can hear everyone who walks up and down the hall way.

The staff at reception were surly and not interested in customer service at all.

Overall, we both agreed we would have gotten better sleep had we slept on one of the airport benches. I genuinely believe this.

I would not stay here again, even if offered to stay for free. If this is offered to you, I would push the airline to swap you to the Novotel or pay extra to get in there. Sure you need to exit the airport but at least you would get some sleep in decent surroundings. It would even be preferable not to go to sleep and just go shopping for the time you're in the airport - the shops are all 24 hours. Definitely do not pay to stay at this place.

A really awful place that leaves you feeling a bit depressed and fed up.

Room Tip: don't go near this place
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vientiane, Laos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The check-in process should have warned me of what was to come. I had a reservation which indicated a "key deposit" of 500 Thai baht would be required (about $15). However, they demanded 1000 baht and when I reminded them it was only 500 they relented. They just didn't want to give me change. The "suite" promised on the website turned out to be the size of a large closet-see photo. The 2 twin beds were so short my legs stuck out over then end, and I am only 5 foot 8 inches tall. As for the "fine amenities", you get a plastic container with white stuff (soap) and green stuff (shampoo)-see photo. And if you break the container (mine was already broken and taped together) they charge you $30!!! Note the frayed, dirty "Welcome" mat. As for the "Well-stocked" fridge, see the pitiful stock in the photo. The free "breakfast" was a joke-toast, old apples, and box juice. Yes, it is inside the airport but I would rate this right below a cheap motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I am thrilled that someone told us of these dayroom inside the airport in
Jakarta. What a surprise, reasonable, spotless, great breakfast buffet
showers, bathrobes; everything you need and more. We had a 9 hour
layover and would definitely go here again......thank you

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!