“money well spent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport

You added Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport to your Saves list
Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 4, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Concourse G (West Side) | International Departure Terminal, Bangkok, Thailand   |
Ranked #596 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
2.5 of 5 stars 147 Reviews
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“money well spent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at the LT dayrooms in concourse G last night and thought it was money well spent. It was 3500 baht for 6 hours. The convenience of not lining up for immigration, customs, getting a transfer to a hotel, checking in, checking out, transfer back, going through immigration, security....
Just typing all that makes me tired! I slept like a rock (although I did get woken up a couple times by airport announcements). Woke up, took a shower, and after a short flight arrived Bali completely refreshed and ready to go.
Jet lag is no joke! If you hesitate to spring for a hotel on a layover you can plan on losing the first day of your vacation being completely worn out and cranky.
I thought the staff was efficient and friendly. I don't see what the big deal is with the key deposit-- I gave them a 20, they attached it to my file, and gave me the same bill back in the morning.
I had TG business class lounge access so skipped the free breakfast.
I thought it was perfectly clean.
I saw the free Transit Area. It looked like a refugee camp with people and kids sprawled all over the place. ick.

LOL I was thinking the TA people were crazy saying it was so hard to find as I was walking down Concourse G. But I had to go to 2 other Louis Tavern lounges to ask directions! I had walked right past it.
Directions: Walk down concourse G, up the escalator, and then keep looking to your far right. Far right, next to the windows. You'll see the big sign with DAYROOMS in red letters on a black background -- just follow the arrows. But I can see where people would get frustrated!

Would I stay here again? Yes Already planning it on my return in 2 weeks.
I think people need to understand this is an AIRSIDE TRANSIT Hotel. This should not be compared to the Novotel, the Best Western or any other hotel. You already know you'll pay a lot more money for food and drinks inside the airport, but you do it anyway for convenience, right?
Same thing.

I was stressed about not being able to get a room. I filled out a reservation form and emailed them like 10 times with no reply. For that I am taking away a star. But doing a walk in was fine.

Room Tip: i forgot to ask for a quiet room and i got woken by announcements at 3 am.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stay away. Their ad did not make clear you must be arriving and departing by international flight or you cannot stay there (they since have added this at the end of a long paragraph--they should have added it at the top of their add, in a very conspicuous place).

When I arrived on domestic flight (was leaving next morning on international flight) they refused to let me stay there and refused a refund. They are also incredibly rude and unprofessional in addition to being a scam.

When I spoke to the two women working the airport help desk they told me this hotel has many, very angry customers who were scammed and come to the airport info desk for help.

An Orbitz manager even called the hotel manager for me and request a refund and they refused. This place is a scam. Stay away.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here for a few hours on an 8 hour layover in Bangkok. I decided against the hotel on grounds of price - a few hours in the lounge is much cheaper. You get comfy chairs , free wifi/computer which was good to let people know where i was and my ETA in Cambodia.

You also get use of the showers, which are very good and you get plenty of towels. Sadly no conditioner for my hair but you cant have it all.

The deal included unlimited food and drink (even alcohol) at the buffet bar. I was starving by this point and ate plenty of little sandwiches and had a decent cup of tea as well as some juice and some water.

Staff were also v nice to the scruffy looking backpacker (me)- the lounge was mainly full of Thai businessmen.

Not cheap for Thailand but sometimes you have to take the hit. A lot better than messing going through customs and then back again. Was money well spent in my opinion.

Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We used this place because we had a long layover during an international flight transit. We took a 15 hour flight across the pacific to reach Bangkok at 6:30am and our connecting flight to India was at 4:15pm. We did not want to go through the hassle of immigration, so decided to try the dayrooms.

You can pay in USD, but it is cheaper to change money to local currency first and then pay in THB.

The rooms are nice - with a floor to ceiling glass wall overlooking the terminal - you can even see the planes - the food was very basic - for what we paid for 6 hours we could have gotten a overnight room at a 3 star facility in Bangkok. But then again, due to our timings, the check-in and check-out times of a regular hotel would not suit us.

So although the service is not that great and it is highly overpriced, if I were in a similar situation again I would probably be forced to stay here for a few hours of rest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

i booked this online, not knowing i booked only 4 hours for a 10 hour layover. after finally finding the place, we had to book an extra 4 hour block to get sleep/shower, etc. it is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced....it is basically like staying in a smaller version of a motel 6 for triple the price. i think we paid 180 US dollars for the 8 hours. it does however include breakfast....the worst "free" breakfast i have ever been offered. a few pieces of papaya and watermelon and pineapple, cold/stale tasteless miniature croissants and pastries, white bread, milk and stale/bulk cereal. we would have done better squatting in an airport chair and at least eating at one of the stores in the airport. a huge waste of money.

Room Tip: rooms near the airport terminals are loud
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The rooms are okay but very expensive and the level of service you get is woefully poor. The wi-fi is not fast, there is bread and juice as the "buffet" and the service couldn't have been worse once they got your money. I will never go back here.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The days room was ok except a bit far way in walking, but with shower, towels, tooth brush and bottled water and free tit bits. Also a free breakfast, that is served 24 hr, so even though we would check out at 730 pm, we also get the free snack, which is sufficient for traveller. Room is clean and reasonable size, functional. Bed s are comfortable. Two short comings: the days room is at a remote corner on the 4 th floor of G wing, if you are not sure how to get there, it is better ask around, and also it is quite a long way to walk there. I found the reception staff reasonably helpful, sound proof is not so good and in the room you can hear the announcements in the departure hall continuously, for some people, they may find it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Louis' Tavern Transit Hotel Dayrooms Suvarnabhumi Airport? Share your experiences!