This is my first review on tripadvisor.com, yay!
I stayed at Penpark Place on 4th October - it was the first place I stayed at on a 5 week long backpacking holiday! I stayed in a single room (fan) with shared bathroom, and paid 300 baht for the night.
- Adequately sized room for a single person - furniture included a bed, a small table and a clothes rack.
- Room had a window (thankfully with a mosquito mesh), so it was quite cool at night, even with just a fan.
- Bathrooms were fairly clean
- Nice breakfast in the morning (had to pay extra for it, around 70-80 baht I think)
- Very friendly lady at the counter and they seemed to have a good travel desk too. I didn't use it though
- Great high speed wifi connection
- Very quiet at night, I slept quite well!
- Location is a bit far from the main attractions, but it was a trade off in favor of a better price
- No elevator (there was one, but I don't think its been working for quite some time!), so I had to climb 3 floors to my room with my heavy backpack
- No mirror in the room
- Towel and blanket/top sheet were not provided
Unfortunately I'd booked only one night in advance, thinking that if I liked the place, I'd extend my stay. But guess what, they were full for the next few nights, and I was forced to shift to another guesthouse close by (which was even better actually). But if they hadn't been full, I would have happily extended my stay here.
One more thing, its in a little lane OFF Soi Samsen 3 - can be a little tricky to find the first time. If you enter from the main Samsen road, you have to take a left about 150 mts in, just opposite a small coffee shop.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Penpark Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Penpark Place Hotel Bangkok