“Wonderful hotel, super value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phachara Suites

You added Phachara Suites to your Saves list
Phachara Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Sukhumvit Soi 6 | Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #182 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Wonderful hotel, super value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed only one night but enjoyed the lovely apartment. It was clean, well appointed, everything worked, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good, great variety of dishes. Next time we'll stay for a longer period of time. It's a great, great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sao Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The room is very spacious and well equipped, but the AC can be very noisy
If you want a taxi be aware that you will have to wait for long minutes and still the taxi driver will never use the taximeter and people in the hotel will not help you in the negotiation. The tuk-tuk is not running all day long...

• Stayed December 2012
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have a bad experince of this hotel. Started when we landed at Bangkok airport, the hotel have send us pick up service by mail, but nobody meet us at airport. Roomservice terrible, they have nearly nothing of food what they say on room menu and when we went out of toilet paper, we have to phone to times and wait for at least 30 min before it comes, The floor in bathroom get wet everywhere when we used shower. Aircondition on bedroom was noisy, 70 db, and the outbond of aircondition stands on balcony and blowes 50-60 degrees air on you. Only positive we can say that the room is big and clean. You can find better hotels in Bangkok for this price. We move after 3 day and find a better hotel for less money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
nathalie_post, General Manager at Phachara Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear 577Dan,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your last stay at the Phachara Suites.
We are glad that you have appreciated the size and cleanliness of the room provided.
We are nevertheless very sorry to hear about the airport transfer and we will look into this matter for immediate improvement. We have well noted your comments regarding the room service provided as well as the delay in refill of the bathroom amenities and we will discuss this with the respective managers to address these shortcomings rapidly as well.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you so much for bringing these matters to my attention for my earliest improvement.
We certainly hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to our property in the near future again.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Post
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stopped at the Phachara Suites from November 26th to December 5th in an executive studio. We are a couple in our late 50's.

Upon our early arrival at the hotel that Monday morning we had set out on our travels from the UK the day before with myself not in the best of health at all, but made the journey due to coming to my daughter’s wedding in December in Phuket. Upon our arrival it must have been apparent to the excellent reception staff that I was not well at all and had us a room allocated within 20 minutes which I was very grateful for considering check-in was not till 2 p.m. The next day we decided I really needed to see a doctor and obtained information from reception how to go about this. The reception staff fully organised for a doctor to come to the hotel to see me. The doctor was superb and sorted me out and within 36 hours I was back on track to enjoy my stay in Bangkok before moving onto Phuket. I have travelled the world and never had such good service and help as I received from the Phachara Suites.

The accommodation provided was excellent . and we felt very much home from home – everything we required was there. The Sanook Café where we had a number of meals provided a good varied menu and the food again was excellent. All the hotel staff were so friendly and helpful. We could not fault the place or the staff.

I did a lot of research as others should before booking a hotel, I wanted a hotel that seemed to meet our needs and that is was very near to the Sky Train to get around Bangkok easily. The hotel even provides a Tuk Tuk service to the station – though we never used it we just walked up Soi 6 night and day and felt perfectly safe. Soi 4 is far more busy but perfectly safe to walk up and down and great for people watching etc. For those shocked by some of the sights, for goodness sake you have come to Bangkok, a city of different contrasts. We loved the place, we found excellent restaurants and bars all within walking distance of the hotel.

As stated I do a lot of research when booking a hotel and I will not have to do that for our next visit to Bangkok which we shall make, because we will automatically just re-book the Phachara Suites it ticked all our boxes of requirements and more..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for one night in December. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to enjoy the clean modernity of our room and the hotel. I'd definitely stay here again. The check-in and out was efficient. The breakfast was ok. The location is great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

About hotel itself, I can share opinions of almost all other reviewers. Rooms ar big and tidy, washing machine is perfect extra. Breakfast just fine, nothing too much special, but worth the price. Location is good, quiet street 3 min. walk from Nana BTS station. Surroundings feel safe. Pool is a little shady, but ok.

But but... When I arrived to hotel my arrival day 16:00 hrs, it came out that hotel is overbooked and competely full, and they can not give me my room. I had booked hotel some three weeks ago. Staff claimed that Booking.com has cancelled my reservation, and I have to go to another hotel for first night. So what could I do, they arranged room for first night from Aetas Bangkok (just fine hotel), and told to come back next day 14:00 hrs.
Phachara Suites took care of taxi transports between hotels, in Bangkok traffic 1 hour in taxi back and forth. Later I was in contact with Booking.com customer service, and they said my reservation was never cancelled and is still valid. Booking.com took contact to hotel, and tried their best to make sure I do not get any extra cost because this mess.
Next day I returned, and told that my reservation was not cancelled, but I did not get any kind of answer for that, only very basic service, and after that I was given my room. So they lied and could not say that someone in hotel have messed up, instead claimed that it is booking.com mistake.
Errare Humanum Est, if you make mistake, be a man/woman and admit it.

Overall, hotel is good but service/problem solving is on very low level.

Room Tip: I had one bedroom and living room with balcony, two separate a/c units is good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. An H,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your last stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the exceptional overbooking situation last month.
Kindly be informed that all bookings received through all channels including online agents are to be guaranteed with a valid credit card at the time of booking in order to be confirmed. In case there is any issue with the credit card number provided, which may happen at times, the online agent will be automatically informed and requested to send new credit card details for guarantee. I believe this may have been the case here as well.
We will nevertheless ensure in such a case that a good room is secured for only 1 night at another similar property, which was done at that time as well.
Please accept our apologies again for the need to accommodate you at another hotel for 1 night and for the unfortunate miscommunication between the property and the agent.
We do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again to the Phachara Suites when traveling to Bangkok again.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Post
Homburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am here now for the 4th day. I LOVE this place, my room is so clean and quiet and spacious. I am totally excited. The service perfect. The location perfect. I never had in 37 visits to Bangkok a better place than here. Not easy to find a place elsewhere for value like this. I can only recommend to here. 5 Stars in ALL categories.

Room Tip: Zimmer 704 is perfect
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Phachara Suites? Share your experiences!