“Hospitality plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maya

Maya
Millennium Hilton Bangkok 123 Charoennakorn Road | Klongsan, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #675 of 8,519 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thai Dining TheatreA total sensory experience and journey into the heart and soul of your host country, Maya combines live show cooking, contemporary Thai dance and a theatrical performance of service that has to be seen to be believed! The performers all herald from the Patravadi Theatre, run by Thailand’s leading artist of modern Performing art, Patravadi Mejudon.Curtain opens : 7 pmShow starts : 7.30pm
Osaka, Japan
“Hospitality plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The highlight of our stay in Bangkok was the Maya restaurant and cultural performance,In the Hilton Milennium. My daughter and I went to the restaurant to check what seating was available (It really doesn’t matter where you sit). We were made to feel like valued quests from the moment we entered. The hostess/manager? was absolutely wonderful. When we entered later that evening, staff we had never met knew our names and were we had chosen to sit. The whole culinary and dance performance is a great introduction to Thailand, in a personal and hospitable environment. It happened to my the Queens birthday & the Thai Mothers-day the evening we went, which added to the celebration. So often people resent working public holidays, here they were wanting to share it with us.
We went with our 10 year-old daughter who is very much into dance, while she loved the show and the attention she got, the food is aimed at a much more mature age group. It would be best to talk to any children you are thinking of bring, even teens, to see if the really want to go. Otherwise it could be an expensive disappointment.
You can add to the evening by staying in the Hilton, which often has great weekend rates.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Eating whilst watching the opening of the Olympic Games in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

To begin with we thought we may have made a bad choice booking into Maya, we were the only people in the restaurant for the first 15 minutes and then another couple came in and then a group of 4, but that was it. And what a loss for all the other people in Bangkok as far as I and my finance are concerned. It was a fabulous night with constant entertainment and a true trip through Thai cuisine. I think we counted 13 courses in all, granted they were all tapas style courses but by the time we left were very full. I can only liken it to watching the opening of an Olympic games whilst being fed the delights of the host county. The staff were so attentive and enthusiastic about the food and the dance that they were performing constantly for us. They must have performed 8-9 different dances each 1 more elaborate but giving 100% each time even though the restaurant was pretty much empty. Amongst the courses were a prawn wrapped in crispy noodles, chicken satay, a wonderful papaya salad, probably the best green curry I have ever tasted, sorry I correct myself THE best green curry I have ever tasted and also some delightful crab dishes. I could list them all but don’t wish to spoil the surprise for anyone reading this planning on going. We came away having had the best meal in Bangkok so far and also feeling as though we had been thoroughly entertained. The only negative thing we felt all night was for the staff that put on such a good show for such a small audience. They deserve a bigger one and maybe the Hilton needs to promote this restaurant more as we dined on a Saturday night. If you are in Bangkok and want to taste a lot of Thailand in one evening whilst checking out some of the culture I implore you to eat at Maya. This meal cost approximately £90 for two including drinks.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Undiscovered Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Maybe it's the jet lag which has me writing this at 5am or maybe I'm confused and disappointed that nobody has yet raved about Maya at the Bangkok Hilton.

My wife and I were looking for our first taste of authentic thai food. We considered visiting Basil or Naj but then opted to try the the local restaurant at our hotel. What happened next was mind blowing! Let me start by saying we live in NYC and are not strangers to high end cuisine or fine dining so our expectations are already high.

We arrived around 8pm to find that a 15-course tasting menu and dinner show had already begun at 7:30. We were invited to join and were promptly seated to a beautiful table over looking the river. The courses then started to arrive. We were quickly caught up with the first two courses, tasty spring rolls and rocket shrimp. In between each course we were entertained by traditional thai dances and songs. Each course was announced with the ring of a gong by smiling women then our personal staff introduced each dish.

Some of the highlights were two various red curry dishes, a spicy bbq chicken that was as tender as can be with this fatty delightful skin, little wraps filled with duck and cucumber, pad thai wrapped in egg, coconut sorbet to cleanse the pallet around the eight course, sea bass in broth and......well I can't remember them all but I will load pictures of each shortly.

The service was unbelievable with every need attended and the entertainment top notch. The singing and dancing had us entertained and we were invited to join in throughout the show. I can't recall the last time I danced and laughed so hard at a sit down dinner. Bravo to the entire staff!!! Trust me we noticed the effort and pride displayed that evening. I hope your bosses are reading this.

The only groans I heard was the table next to me because they could not eat another bite as the food kept coming out!!!

I can't believe we were one of only three tables that night. I hope people read this and that soon changes.

The price was around $40 US pp but well worth it. I would expect to pay between $150-$250 in NY at Per Se or a similar type restaurant.

PLEASE READ THIS AND GO!!!!! Thank you for making our first night in Bangkok a memorable one.

Michael & Annie