“Good grief this is good!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

You added Bangkok Loft Inn to your Saves list
Bangkok Loft Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Somdet Phra Chao Taksin Rd. | Bangyeerua, Thonburi, Bangkok 10600, Thailand   |
Ranked #48 of 773 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Good grief this is good!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's all been said before. Outstanding value. Greeted at Reception with fresh fruit juice on a tray and it went on like that the whole way. The room was remarkable for the price.

Skytrain made it very easy and it's about 3 minutes to walk there.

Jeez I've stayed in places around the world that are three times this price and nowhere near as good.

One tip - try and get a room that doesn't face the main road. Not many do but it's a bit noisy if you do.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the road - most rooms are back from it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights in Nov 2012. Clear instructions for the free airport transfer were given in advance via email.

Our driver was easily located and waiting for us on arrival at the airport.

We were greeted warmly at reception where they had a refreshing welcome drink for us and our paperwork waiting whilst our luggage was taken to our room. We were given a map and advised to check out the Sunday Market and told the best way to get there.There is a BTS station literally a 5/6min walk around the corner from the hotel and the tickets were 130thb for an all day pass. They are easy to use, clean, air conditioned and frequent. They are well policed by security staff, so we always felt safe.

We were able to get into our room ahead of schedule. The room itself was more than adequate for our needs. It was located at the rear of the property which I had requested due to other reviews citing noise pollution from the main road out the front. Two free fresh bottles of water were provided everyday and there is a fridge,air con, coffee/tea,hairdryer and safe. The bathroom was big with plenty of towels and the bed was also big and very comfortable. There were no views to speak of, but we were not intending to spend much time in the room anyway! You have to order breakfast the night before if you want cooked food. They have diagrams to aid understanding.

The cooked food was average, I preferred the buffet option of breads/fruit/yogs etc. Free internet access is available. I found our corridor quite noisy at night, due to the movements of other residents/doors banging etc but my girlfriend did not hear a thing!

On the last night, they booked a taxi for us for our early morning flight. They told us the exact price. We checked out at 0330 and the taxi was waiting. The lady on reception could not have been more cheerful if she had tried! She packed up a luch bag for us each and even came outside to wave us off. We received helpful and friendly service throughout our stay and the location was ideal. You could be amongst the hustle and bustle of Bangkok in around 25 min, yet the area surrounding the hotel was relatively calm.

Would recommend this hotel as a base from which to explore the city at an affordable price and with great staff.

Room Tip: Room at the back to minimise traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was my first stop in Thailand. I got free pick up from airport as I booked more than 3 nights. Staff are super friendly, They carried our luggage into my room, brought us cold drink and serve us lunch with low price!!!It was really helpful for us to fresh up after long hour flight.

Buffet breakfast included in room. It was really tasty and diverse. Room is spacious. everything was flawless. We had an unforgettable stay there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My friends & I stayed here for 4N in end of Nov. It's conveniently located - about 5-8min walk to the BTS station (15min ride to SIAM interchange). The place is clean, good bed n pillows and clean bathroom. The water heater in my room was a little annoying - it was either too hot or too cold, but not too sure if it was only a problem in my room. There arent any night stalls near this area so it's pretty quiet at night. There is a market, 7-11 and shops if you walk on the opposite direction from the BTS.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the start we were nothing but happy with this little oasis. Firstly, we were given clear instructions on where our driver would collect us from the airport including the uniform he'd be wearing. Our plane was over an hour late but standing there patiently, holding a sign with our names, in the exact location stated, was our driver.
The reception staff were pleasant, offered us a map & explained how to get to the light rail (just a short walk from the hotel), catch a boat up the river to the old city or how to catch a taxi.
The room was simple but comfortable and very clean. The bed was enormous and extremely cosy for Thailand standards (some beds in other hotels can be very hard), there was tea & coffee making facilities, the bathroom offered the necessary toiletries, the room was cleaned everyday with 2 bottles of complimentary water was replaced each day.
Breakfast was superb. It was included in the price & we were pleasantly surprised to find a buffet of fresh fruit, a variety of cakes, croissants & other sweet treats as well as yoghurt & all the toast you could eat on top of the breakfast we had pre-ordered. The hostess was very nice & the breakfast room was clean & bright.
The hotel is located away from the tourist hot spots so sleeping was not broken by the sound of people partying into the night. Given transport is close and tuck tuk's and taxis are cheap the location isn't too discerning.
Overall the staff were friendly, the hotel was clean & breakfast was delicious. Since we've moved on to other parts of Thailand we are finding other hotels are certainly not matching up to the experience we had Bangkok Loft Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Jules and I found the overall service simply awesome. Nothing was too much trouble, very clean, friendly staff and short walk to the BTS (i.e. SkyTrain). After a 9 hr flight from Australia and the craziness of Bangkok we found this place to be a little gem, thanks Bangkok Loft Inn.

• Stayed November 2012
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I booked this hotel through internet after reading reviews from Tripadvisor, was I surprised. Yes very much. Right from the booking till the day I left the entire experience was awesome. Before booking this hotel I wrote to them and asked some questions for which they answered immediately. I was impressed. Then while booking I had some difficulty because it showed no room available. Immediately they made some adjustments and I was able to book the rooms. They also provide you a airport pickup. When I came out there the person was standing there with my name on it. They went to so much extent that when I told them this is the first trip, they even mentioned the shirt colour of the driver. This really showed me how much importance they were giving for each and every guest. After I reached the hotel, still I was thinking how the experience was going to be. Lobby was medium sized and very welcoming. As I had reached early morning and since I had made the payment confirmation through CC, all they asked me was to write my name and sign a paper nothing else. They were very efficient and they also have staffs who speak good English. When I entered the room I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, simple decoration and well kept. Though I had a room facing the road, there was no noise or disturbances during the night. The bathrooms were very clean with the toiletries required. The breakfast place was very thoughtfully arranged. They have a very small garden and whole place is very quiet, compact and comfy. Since I had requested them for a Vegetarian they specially made that for me. The next day when i asked for a different choice they had made everything perfect, right to the ingredients what I had mentioned. I have stayed in big hotels were they mess up the order. But here they were very observant. The rooms are kept very clean. They also helped getting cabs to go around places. They helped with some guidance where I can tour and shop. This place is in walk able distance to the MRTS. But its little far away from the tourist attraction but is easy accessible via cabs. If you request the hotel to help you get a cab they do that. Overall I would say they are very very good in servicing and I would defiantly recommend this hotel. It comes as a pleasant surprise. They also have private tourist service, but for a solo traveller it might be expensive but if you go as a group, maybe people can try. I would say this place is very safe. They also helped in exchanging curriences by pointing to the right merchant. The currency converter is exactly opposite to this hotel. They give you very very good rates. i exchanged curriences elsewhere but this was place was the best. Within walkable distance from this hotel there is place where you can do a massage. That is also good. 7/11 is walkable distance. There is food market which is like few feets away. The hotel staff also gave me the idea that I can take a one day pass for subway, which was awesome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bangkok Loft Inn? Share your experiences!