“Amazing boutique hotel with 5 stars service, good location and more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bangkok Loft Inn

You added Bangkok Loft Inn to your Saves list
Bangkok Loft Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Somdet Phra Chao Taksin Rd. | Bangyeerua, Thonburi, Bangkok 10600, Thailand   |
Ranked #47 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Luxembourg
“Amazing boutique hotel with 5 stars service, good location and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

During our trip to Thailand, we booked for our two first nights in Bangkok following the comments from the Tripadvisor travellers in the Loft Inn hotel at an amazing price of 61 eur (two nights, free pict up frome the airport and breakfast included).
We were picked up right on time from the airport and driven to the hotel (40 mns drive aprox).
Check in was fast and although the English of the staff was not great they made all the efforts. The room was big with all amenities and two complementary bottles of water per day. WIFI was free and fast. The room was functional and nicely decorated. As mentioned before, the hotel is located in a residential area of Bangkok, but the Skytrain station into town is just around the corner. Since the hotel is in a residential area, restaurants and massage salons are even cheaper there than in the rest of this already cheap city (EUR 3 for a full Thai massage anyone?). We had a very early flight to Koh Samui when we left so we could not take breakfast, but the hotel gave us a breakfast package for at the airport. The airport arranged ransport back to the airport at THB 400 fixed, which is also cheaper than other options. All in all, very satisfied and we would not hesitate to go back, especially at these prices

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were impressed with our stay at this hotel. The management and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Thai breakfasts were extremely tasty and generous (with a strong recommendation for the rice and pork option), with the fruit buffet having some fine mango, pineapple and bananas. The room was very comfortable with a decent bathroom and effective air conditioning. The location is convenient for the BTS skytrain, which gives rapid access to express ferries (2 stops), downtown and the weekend market. Overall it was an excellent and comfortable base for 4 nights' exploring Bangkok.
Negative points:
1. our room was at the front and there is a lot of traffic noise - this was partly neutralised by the air-con, but light sleepers should ask for a rear room.
2. there is little of interest in the immediate area (although there are local shops, banks, market etc) which means some travel for restaurants, good bars and tourist sights. This was not a problem for us as we were happy to use the excellent skytrain service or always available taxis.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

The reason I chose this hotel were great reviews here and on agoda.com, and I made right decision! The hotel offers you a service which you can receive from a five star hotel for much less money. The staff girls are great, the gave us all the information which we need (which places to visit, how to get there), they even call the taxis and tuk-tuks for us. One major thing I appreciate is free transfer from the airport to hotel. The location is decent. The district of the hotel is more local oriented (not so many tourists around), but the public transport (sky-train) is five minutes walk from here, which gets you to shopping and business area of BKK and if you want to go to old (historic) part of the city (which is near), you can take a taxi (don't forget to tell the taxi driver to turn the taximeter on!) and tuk-tuk for less than 80 Bahts (which is around 2 EUR). The rooms are very clean, with big bed, breakfast is delicious, I miss the evening bar, but you can buy your booze in 7-11 near or just take a taxi to khao san (if you want to party).

Tip: Between tuk-tuks and taxis I prefer the second one, cause the traffic pollution.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We were really happy with this hotel, we were welcomed when we arrived with a refreshing drink and they recommended where to go and eat and how to get there. The room had a huge kings sized bed, cool quiet air con, very clean. Bangkok hasn't got the best public transport system( mostly use tuktuks and taxis) the hotel is based just round the Corner from the sky train (clean,easy,cheep way to travel) but this only gets you to half the city( business district) but you can get a taxi to old Bangkok( where most temples are) for a couple of pounds. We liked the fact that the location was close enough to get to and from easily but outside enough that you miss all the noise and craziness of the city. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I chose this hotel because of the positive reviews on tripadvisor.com and i have to admit that most of the comments were true.
The hotel is booked almost 100% every day - so even if they are quite new, you can see that the rooms are not brand new anymore.
This is the only negative thing i can mention about the hotel, otherwise everything was perfect. Location for us with a baby is very good - we wanted to avoid the busy city center, however after 5 minutes walking we could reach the skytrain and then we got to the downtown in 15 more minutes.
Staff is one of the friendliest i ever met in SE Asia, they do everything for customer satisfaction.
If I ever have to stay in Bangkok again - especially with my family then for sure we will choose Bangkok Loft Inn!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The hotel is located far away from all tourists points - no restaurants, no money exchange in walking distance. We arrived at 6 p.m. and the staff advised to go to Siam to exchange money. More than that the hotel is just at the very busy road and if you get your room facing to the road (the chances are 50/50) you won't be able to sleep at all ( I had an impression my bed was just on the road and I could touch all the cars passing by) To get to sky train station you have to walk in poor lit street - not a pleasant feeling. The hotel is very small and breakfast starts at 7 while in all big hotels it usually starts at 6, so if you have early flight you should also take it into account. Definitely there are many more hotels in Bangkok in the same price range worth staying in! And Bangkok Loft in is not the best choice at all!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Like others, I booked this hotel based on the glowing reviews here on TA. Bob picked me up from the airport - he must of waited quite a while considering the queues for Immigration at Suvarnabhumi. A quick, efficient check in and I was off to room number 410(?). The room was certainly an adequate size, it was not small as others have described. The room was immaculately clean (and I'm very particular about cleanliness). Since it was around midnight by then, I fell asleep dismissing it just as an ordinary hotel.

The next morning at breakfast, I got a taste of the down-to-earth & friendly staff. The breakfast provided really exceeded my expectations. On top of what you ordered the previous night, you have a selection of buffet items. There is a fridge with many cultured/pro-biotic milk drinks (Betagen) too.

Throughout the stay, I got to experience what everyone else was raving about. All the staff I encountered where friendly, charming and really made an effort to treat you as a friend - rather than just a foreign guest. Instead of repeating what others have said, I'll list what I really enjoyed about this hotel.

- Excellent proximity to Wongwian Yai BTS. I didn't step foot into a taxi once in Bangkok.
- Tasty breakfast.
- Free, fast, reliable WiFi & computers
- Walking out of the hotel to the BTS and NOT being solicited to buy a suit, go to MBK, have a massage or to do a survey.
- The funny uncle night guard who would rush to open the door for you when you return at night. He would then run to the lift and press the button for you. :)
- Upon checkout, Pat offered me a lift to the airport free of charge. I was no longer their customer, yet for the next 20 minutes, Pat and I had a great chat. She sent me on my way with a bottle of cold water, some fruit, chocolates and a farewell at the door. Find me a 5 star hotel in Bangkok that has done all of the above mentioned.

Do yourself a favor, check in to Bangkok Loft Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bangkok Loft Inn? Share your experiences!