“Fine dining on the top” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Sky

Red Sky
999/99 Rama 1 Road | 55th Floor, Centara Grand at CentralWorld, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
+6621001234
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #346 of 7,223 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: European
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Great innovative bistro dishes and wine on top of the world. Chic, urban bistro dining and lounging with breathtaking alfresco vistas located in the heart of Bangkok. Happy hour is daily from 5PM-7PM. Live jazz is played nightly from 7.15PM-11.30PM.
Melbourne
“Fine dining on the top”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Red Sky restaurant is a trendy restaurant, if you want to impress that’s the place to go. It’s located on the top of Centara Grand Hotel at Central World. I have visited the place 2 times.

First time I had dinner and left with a really good impression. Food was awesome, the choice of food is vast and good quality, good range of drinks, good wines and the views are fabulous. Based on this experience only I would give it an Excellent.

Second time I just had drinks and it was more an ordinary experience, the waitress reserved us a sit behind a column therefore we had to stand and walk around to experience the views. Drinks were good.

If you’re looking to a rooftop bar I highly recommend Red Sky bar rather than the showy Skybar – Lebua at State Tower. Red Sky is not as cramped as Skybar and you can walk around and see the whole thing; also cocktails are reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012
CGCW, Manager at Red Sky, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Those are truly grand words for our restaurant and we are grateful that you have taken the time to share them here on Tripadvisor.

It is a delight to read that you were able to impress you during the time that you have spent with us. It is in the nature of our ambassadors to provide our guests with an impeccable service.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Red Sky in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
“Better food and service than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked and went at sunset, it wasn't overly crowded. Food was more than somewhere at ground level, for a few drinks and a three course meal for two, I paid about six thousand baht, but the atmosphere, view and food were fantastic. One of our waiters took our picture when I asked, and when I wanted to move to a table with a different view, nothing was too much trouble. It was a bit hard to find, but you forget aout things like that once you're there.

• Visited April 2013
CGCW, Manager at Red Sky, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you for your very kind comment, we always do our very best to make our guests happy and we love getting feedback. Looking forward to see you again.
Hong Kong, China
“Preferred place in BKK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have a moderate obsession for getting high up, so I came here a few days after I went to Lebua with moderate expectations.

The views were awesome, although not as open as Lebua, but you could sit down here and enjoy drinks and a breeze. I felt like falling asleep it was so relaxed. Drinks during happy hour were pretty cheap (2 for about USD 10) which is about as cheap as it gets at bars like these. I can't speak for the food, but the drinks were great.

• Visited October 2012
CGCW, Manager at Red Sky, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. It sounds as if you enjoyed your Centara Grand experience, and we are very happy indeed to hear from you. See you again soon!
Krakow, Poland
“Quick drink in the clouds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

On my last night in BKK I've decided to have a drink in this rooftop bar (drink is 10€). I came there around 10pm so the views were not so pretty as when sundusk but still the feel was ok. Sat at the bar and ordered caipirinha. The wind blew, music in the backgroud played, the colours of neons changed smoothly. Dress code was not strict - smart casual is fine. The staff was great. Next time I would go up the stairs and chillout on big pillows with cold drink.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CGCW, Manager at Red Sky, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,
We are happy that you are happy. Looking forward to welcoming you back next time.
Western Australia
“Better views to be had up at the Red Sky Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate here to make our last night in Bangkok a romantic one. The views were beautiful, although disappointed at how the seating is arranged. One of you has to have your back to the view. It is a shame the tables are not positioned sideways so that both can take advantage of the view. The service was excellent and the food was absolutely delicious. Dress code was quite lax with people arriving in running shoes and shorts. On a previous visit we had eaten at the Vertigo Restaurant in the Banyan Tree Hotel. I definitely preferred the Vertigo for the seating arrangements, view, dress code and the pricing. Had we realised that we could have just gone to the Red Sky Bar to have a drink and have a far better position to see the view we would have done just that.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
CGCW, Manager at Red Sky, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear tripadvisor Reviewer,

It's good to hear from you and to know that you have enjoyed your Centara experience. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our guests, and we thank you sincerely for letting us know.