“Good location, very clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1

Save Saved
You added Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1 to your Saves list
Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44/14-17 Sukhumvit 53, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongton Nua | Paidee-Madee, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #186 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
“Good location, very clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The room is small but very clean n tidy, no tooth brushes provided, the staff are friendly n helpful. Very close to BTS Thong Lo station, only 5 mins walk. The breakfast is also good but never change, not many choice.

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

First time in this hotel , my friend recommend , room quit small but enough for me, room are beautiful and clean, very good for money. Reception fantastic service and helpful, tuk tuk driver are nice , breakfast as hotel provided good and accept, staffs are amazing! Gym and pool are cool , sauna is a small but clean absolutelt I love it. I recommend this hotel , absolutely fabulous hotel.

Luang Prabang, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

3 Times at salil thonglor hotel, location closed my head office the price is fit my budget, near thonglor night excited areas , eady to accesses to hotel from thonglor BTS, check in time speed up, and simply because we are returned guests.
Breakfast quite acceptable. Room is a bit small but comfortable. I am surely will. Stay here again

Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staff not nice. I booked for Deluxe room but they took me to Superior :( but in 10 min I got Deluxe room. The thin wall can hear voice from outside but room very lovely. Breakfast were good and the tuk tuk driver very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear DJ

Thank you very much for your advice valuable feed back during stay at Salil Hotel Thonglor, An unsatisfied experiece, please keep my really apologize about my staffs dont proper service in standard.

You comment will be share though our staffs to improve in urgently. Training department will be emphasize and frequent to operate training about service in priority.
However ,if you would like more assistance please send me email via gm-sl@salilhotel.com.

we hopefully your will give a chance salil hotel thonglor to service your in next future.

Best Regards,

Joe
Leicestershire UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night. We were given a room on the 4th floor and no lift, which is not what you need after arriving in Bangkok. The room itself was clean but after seeing the box of condoms with the snacks near the mini bar I started to worry that maybe the hotel would be a bit seedy. The so called free Internet did not work at all in this room. In previous reviews people reported this and the management said that it was probably down at the time. Please note this is not the case, I know this as I had to walk to reception to pick up the signal. The breakfast was ok if you wanted to eat Thai, I enjoyed it but my husband did not. They also have a small swimming pool and a gym, well a small room with 4 bits of equipment in it. I booked this hotel because I had an appointment in Soi 2 the following morning. To be honest I would not pick to stay here again, there are far better options available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in Dec-2012. We booked it through Agoda. The reason why we chose this hotel was because it was located in the heart of Sukhumvit area with easy access to food and shopping. When we arrived, the hotel looked just like the way it was in pictures except that the actual location of the hotel is right smacked in a residential area. The hotel looks as if it was compactly squeezed into the neighbourhood with just 1 lane for vehicles to pass through. The complimentary shuttle tuk tuk service certainly was useful since walking to the nearest BTS certainly takes about 15 mins by foot. If you are a supper freak, there is nothing in the neighbourhood, you definitely need to walk out to the main roads (about 15 mins). The rooms were well lit with pleasant decor but with closer observation, we've had a toilet basin that came with faulty tap, hot water that alternates between very cold to very hot. Wait until you hit night time and morning where your peaceful sleep is being shortened abruptly with slamming of doors from neighbouring rooms. Breakfast was acceptable, with limited range that runs out relatively quickly. But I wouldn't have eaten it if I had to pay for it. The most unhappy part of my stay had to be the reservation and front office staff. I booked for 2 rooms easily 2 months before travel and I had specifically requested for connecting rooms because I have a young child travelling together. I was subsequently advised via email that it is subjected to availability. That's fine. So about 1.5 weeks before arriving, I emailed the hotel to remind them about my request and to get confirmation on it. Guess what, I got the same reply. And when I arrived that night, they told me that connecting rooms were not available as the hotel was fully booked. Can you believe it ? I thought i was only right that the hotel looked into getting connecting rooms for me considering that I sent a reminder on my request with justifiable reasons. Obviously, the hotel chose the easy way out to just push you to a room since there are cancellation charges levied should you changed your mind on reservation. This really sucks. I definitely will not stay in this establishment again.

Room Tip: I seriously doubt there is any good room especially if you are a light sleeper since the rooms are n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and found that this hotel was really good, lovely room (in every details from the lobby to bathroom!!), clean and nice staffs (especially the male staff at night, he is nice and has a high service mind). Really impressive and we'll use this hotel again next time for sure.

Room Tip: Room on 4th floor in the main bld. (winter theme) is really really cute and wide
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1? Share your experiences!