“S Traveler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1

Save Saved
You added Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1 to your Saves list
Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   44/14-17 Sukhumvit 53, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongton Nua | Paidee-Madee, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #185 of 751 hotels in Bangkok
Pattaya, Thailand
“S Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

i was staying there during last few weeks, fiund a great firendly staff who can help me out when i need information of flooding sutiation in Bangkok, room is cleaned as well as swimming pool. Fortunately, the hotel is closed to BTS whihc i can travel along through CBD area. i wish for another time to stay in Bangkok and i will choose this hotel as i was feel like "Home sweet Home".

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is the closest hotel to Thong Lor BTS (Sky Train). only 2-3 min walk. if you never been to Bangkok, Thong Lor is one of the best locations, awesome trendy new bars and restaurants nearby.

Secondly this hotel is an absolute bargain for what you pay for. its free WiFi, the bed and rooms are extremely clean, which is an absolute must for me, the customer service always appear to bend over backwards to cater to my needs, the little cafe at the hotel has a nice outdoor setting and you can watch your kids play at the pool from there.

the pool is reasonable and large enough for a dip, but lets be honest, your in Bangkok, you hardly want to spend too much time in a hotel, you just want to come home to a clean room.

its Guest friendly and also family orientated. I have been to many Hotels in Bangkok, and for the price you pay, its an absolute steal.

I had an issue which was resolved by their Manager immediately with the friendly Thai smile and warmth. Though to be honest the Manager was drop dead gorgeous, which may have titled this opinion, the hotel must of taken a leaf out of Richard Branson's book. but the rest of the staff were jsut as helpful.

but a note, this hotel is very busy, so a little patience may be needed, but staff will endevour to serve you asap.

Room Tip: if you plan to have guests, ask for the 1st building by the cafe.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel has a nice appearance - it is modern, clean and stylish. It is a 5 minute walk to the BTS station, it is in a quiet area and the breakfast was ok.

However, these are the only good parts....

When we arrived, it took them a long time to serve us and they didn't seem happy to do so. Then they told us they didn't have any double beds left (though we had made it clear we wanted this) and instead we got a twin room with no windows! It made it had to wake up in the morning - make sure you don't get a room like this if you stay there.

Despite all the advertising, the two tuk-tuks were 'out of order' and just sat out the front of the hotel. The staff hardly ever smiled and we had to ask several times for toilet paper and other bits for our room (as the daily cleaning was not always that good). Their internet connection is painfully slow and the staff then directed us to another internet cafe - that didn't exist!

They will hold your bags for you if needed though and make you a boxed breakfast if you need to go to a tour early in the morning. We found it ok - but would not return or recommend it. Avoid the restaurants out the front of the BTS too - they rip you off and are not very nice!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a window or balcony!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This hotel has so much potential but all ruined by the staffs working there. Check in at 3pm for 2 rooms took more than 30mins when there's no one there at all. They just can't seems to figure out all the check in voucher and rooms availability. Ask for 2 queen room and told to wait till evening but when we returned, only 1 queen room available. Was given a key card that doesn't work. TWICE! My friend checked in in the afternoon and had the same experience! When i check in to my only queen room (for the 3rd time), the bathtub water was still there uncleared (YUCKS) and aircond not working! Drag all my luggage again to front desk and was given another room. To be honest, I like the size of the room and the interior. The hotel looks quaint and pool though small, still pretty inviting. Breakfast not much variety but sufficient. Location is good if you're taking train most of the time. We took cab to Pratunam and due to the jam, It took us 90mins journey! Cost us min 100bt -200bt!
Thonglor area is good with restaurants, massages and nearby Emporium mall. Overall, it is a good hotel if you travel mostly by train. It's not as near to the train station, probably gotta walk like 15mins! Not a good choice if you intend to take cab to airport during peak hour. No taxi would wanna drive you there as it'll probably takes u 2 hr ride to airport due to the jam. Oh ya, while we were checking out, we saw a group of girls struggling the their check out. One nearly got a free night stay due to the staffs mistaken them for another customer. Good luck for those who intend to stay here.

Room Tip: Sukhumvit soi 38 got lotsa good hawker food. And if you intend to have massage at the Asian Herb ass...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The personnel in Salil Hotel is friendly. The breakfast is fairly good. The location of the hotel It is good. It is just 5 to 10 minutes walk to the BTS train station.There are some good food around the areas and a nite food market just opposite the BTS that have some good food too. There are also some good clubbing place around Thonglor if you love clubbing. But their computer can only use till 10pm, hope that they can extent till 24hrs since there is someone at the reception to look after.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Very nice stylish hotel popular with younger Asian tourists.
If you like the Thong Lor area then this is well located and a very reasonable price, alhough this may just be the opening special price.
Service is average, reception staff chatted with each other everytime I went to reception instead of giving me their full attention. Typical Thai servce level but would expect more at this level of hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

How did I know about this hotel? Well, I had found it after a couple hours of internet search for a good but reasonably priced place in Bangkok and finally chose it because of its good reviews on tripadvisor.

I booked it one night before my arrival and was actually not really sure if this last minute booking would work out, as I already had problems with that in other hotels.
No problems. When I came there the staff immediately carried my suitcase upstairs and led me to my room, which was gorgeous. I stayed in hotels like the Marriott, Hyatt and so on all over the world, but none of those was so beautifully and lovely decorated as the rooms in the Salil Hotel.
Of course this is a matter of taste, for some this colourful vintage style might be actually too overloaded, I definitely loved it. Plus the room had a very nice wooden floor, which I consider as kind of rare as most hotels have either tiles or rugs.

The bed was amazing to sleep in and the bathroom was even equipped with a bathtub which I found quite luxurious.
I have to say that the room was a little small, which did not bother me at all as I was alone anyways. It came with a cute little balcony btw.

Also the room was equipped with a flatscreen TV (that I never used, so I can't tell about its quality) and free wireless internet. This actually was the only thing I have to criticize: The free wifi is promoted as high-speed and I really depended on it - in the end it did not work once, which I found quite frustrating because this was a major reason because I had decided to pick the hotel.

The staff was very friendly though when I complained - unfortunately nothing changed.

Breakfast was a rather big buffet of different dishes, mostly Asian cuisine though. I sticked with omelets (which are made right in front of you as you like to have them), toast and jam, cornflakes and fresh fruits.

The hotel had an awesome pool and facilities like a gym and sauna (I only read about the last two ones), unfortunately I was sick, so I could not try those out. Anyways the pool was always very clean, very blue and very tempting when I walked by it.

Speaking of walking: Everything is in walking distance of this hotel. There is a gorgeous Italian restaurant right across the street, the BTS Skytrain station 3 minutes away, laundry, coffeeshops, boutiques and so on very very close. And if something is further away, the hotel provides a free tuk-tuk service or will call you a taxi immediately.

All in all I would definitely recommend this place, except for the lacking internet I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Salil Hotel Sukhumvit - Soi Thonglor 1? Share your experiences!