“Old hotel but honesty staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sapphirtel Inn

You added Sapphirtel Inn to your Saves list
Sapphirtel Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   282-282/1-2, Soi Silom 22/1 | Silom Road, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand (Bang Rak)   |
Ranked #570 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Old hotel but honesty staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Actually this hotel location Soi 22/1 is not easy to find among Silom Roadside shops.Hotel looks old and also interior decorated items seem to be 20 years before.Hotel provided light breakfast.
My room's air-condition was not cool and felt only hot wind.After hotel's servicing,air-con was nothing special.But staff from reception were helpful.I received and found back my bag from honesty staff after checked out.Hotel room price was 1000 Bt/night,it's budget price and suitable for budget travelers.Thanks for honesty.It's more important than old hotel room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

August 2012. I found this hotel to be adequate for two nights stay in Silom. It is not easy to find the hotel located at the end of an alley, so best to ask the taxi driver if he knows the place before getting into the taxi. Its near the start of Silom Road. Reception lady was friendly. She preferred cash payment for the AsiaRooms booking, so better have local currency cash on you. I found the double room and linen to be clean and adequate. Bathroom needed repairs. Rather dated. Location is quiet even though busy Silom Rd is nearby. Food places nearby. Night markets (nothing I wanted to buy) walkable distance, other end of Silom Rd. Red light area near night market. Train station walkable distance WITHOUT luggage. If using taxi to get to the train station, avoid morning peak. Traffic lights very slow to change. I would recommend staying here for shower and quiet sleep.

Room Tip: I was placed in a room away from Silom Road side, therefore quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I live in Thailand, and this is a hole. There is a water leak in my bathroom so I put a garbage can under it. There's stain on everything, including the pillows under the pillowcases. There's mouse or other dung on the sheets and other places. The tub is dented, rusting, and there's stains on everything, everywhere. This is a 300 baht room; no more. You can also hear people walking on other floors.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ballarat, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We found this hotel on a booking website and it looked great....... BUT then we show up pay for the 3 nights go up to our room and there was stains on pretty much everything in the room..roof, floor walls and the BED! OMG it was terrible. We left our bags in the room headed down the street to find another hotel, returned and told them we wont be staying there because of the state of the rooms and they apologized for us not being happy kept a nights accommodation and gave us the rest!
I HIGHLY recommend elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I travel the around the world about half a dozen times a year and have been to amazing places and great hospitality and nothing would ever take me back to this hotel. When I arrived I was checked into a corner room which was virtually falling apart. The lift did not work correctly, there were "frozen" ants or bugs in my fridge and the place looked like it belonged in the ghettos of Silom Road, Bangkok. A dirty room in a dirty hotel with food that looked and tasted like rubber. The only upside to this place was the location. The rooms were noisy you could hear people flush and do all sorts of things in the toilet next door. We had booked it as a group booking and were planning to stay only for a couple of days after being "recommended" by one of the people in the group. Though we had booked for 2 nights with a gap for a trip up north, (which was cancelled due to flooding), we ended up having to stay in Bangkok for another night. In the morning, we were told we will need to have room reshuffles and I was asked to share a room with another person in the party which I declined. In the morning whilst I asked for confirmation of room arrangements, they assured me that everything was going to be okay. When we got back in the eveing after a really big day at the jewellery show, I asked for the keys and what was happening to the room that was pre allocated. The guy at the reception spoke almost no English and had no idea what was going on. They made us wait for 15 minutes whilst they served other customers and when I asked the reception who did speak some english, she made no comment and was trying to avoid any questions I had about the room. When confronted on 3 occassions, she said that it was the owners issue and she could not call him because he left his phone behind at the reception. Apparantly he had not told the staff the arrangements before he left. I then asked her what was happening and she chose not to response. Therefore no apologies, no response, haughty rude behaviour and most of all exceptionally unhelpful and made it feel like it was our problem. After 1/2 an hours of just disgusting behaviour, I went upstairs and packed my things and let the rest of the group know that I was not paying another dollar for terrible service and terrible accomodation. All I did was walk another 2 minutes down the street, met a courteous, well spoken and clearly empathetic young man from Narai Hotel who said that they had a boutique hotel just next door, priced slightly higher but can I tell you, it has the best service, great clean decor and good amenities. Most of all internet wifi was free and the room was quiet. After a horrendous few days, I am thankful that I have ended up in a better place after all.

Room Tip: Don't bother, go somewhere else. Try Triple Two Silom down the street.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hobart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I've stayed at Sapphirtel Inn 2 or 3 times a year for the past 5 years.
I like it's small size, personalized service, clean rooms and central location. The friendly staff always go out of their way to sort out even the smallest problems.
There were problems with my room this time. The top floors are undergoing a complete refit which resulted in problems with water leaks, television reception etc but all was sorted when my room was changed to the opposite end of the building from where the builders were working. Work on these floors is close to completion so a room on the 6th or 7th floor will be the best option if booking from August 2011.
Best to book online. Staff offer the tarrif as stated by the owner and do not have acces to the online agents rates.
They are hoping to have free Internet in the rooms soon and it is available now from their computers downstairs. I bought a data sim for my IPad at the airport on in the arrivals level 2 from AIS. This worked well but was slow and very flakey when there was heavy rain. I supplemented with the hotel wifi when necessary. Don't expect speeds like those available in Europe and the US. Thai broadband is slow.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was not the best hotel in the world, but for Bangkok, it was good value. Our room was a little tired, but this was made up for with a comfy bed, decent view, and helpful staff. Our air-con started to leak, but they were up quickly to fix it. The breakfast was fine, but we did skip it a couple times because the food in Bangkok is so good! We thought it was fine for the three nights we were there, and found the location to be great. It is on a Soi just off Silom Road, so the Skytrain was close and the area was safe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sapphirtel Inn? Share your experiences!