“Same massage but higher price :(” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio

Ruen-Nuad Massage Studio
42 Convent Rd.,Silom, Bangkok, Thailand (Bang Rak)
66-0-2-632-2662
Improve this listing
Ranked #104 of 359 activities in Bangkok
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
“Same massage but higher price :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

1 hour Thai massage is 350b. But normally silom area price is 250/hour.
So this shop is more expensive by 100b.
For me, there is no reason to pay more for the same service.
And some building is under construction next to the shop.
It makes quite noisy...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tunbridge Wells
3 attraction reviews
“Great massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Family of 5 had the 1 hour Thai massage. The setting was very peaceful, clean and tidy. All of us enjoyed the experience and would recommend it, especially if you are new to Thai massage. Can be easily combined with food and shopping markets nearby.

Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Unclean - hit and miss with masseurs 2.5/5.0”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and i decided to try a massage each due to the TA reviews and we were only a 5 minute walk away (staying at the metropolitan) - as well as the price (compared to the metropolitan). On our way we 'bumped' into an elderly Thai man who said the massage places around were not very clean. Well for me that was the overall feeling. There were no pillow cases on the pillows (i needed to ask for 2 towels to cover - the 1st one being dirty) and the beds did not seem very clean either. I found it very hard to relax due to it feeling dirty. The massage man i had was good but seemed to be in a bad mood and it was all over within 45 min or so (i had requested a 1 hour massage). The other issue i had was there was some construction noise next door which didn't assist in relaxing.

On the other hand my wife had a very good masseur (Nid) and she had a much better space in a room with an outside shower out the door. She found it quite good, but also felt it could be cleaner.

Overall i wouldn't return.

Rio Rancho, NM
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent traditional Thai massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was feeling apprehensive about trying this place based on some of the reviews I read, but both my visits over a three-day period were very positive.

I dropped in without an appointment on a busy Saturday but I still only had to wait five minutes for a massage. The woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I chose the 1 1/2 hour traditional Thai massage instead of the two-hour because I wasn't sure how much I would like it.

My therapist, Pom, was amazing. She told me she had 24 years of experience and it was one of the best massages I've ever had. Her English was basic but we were able to communicate well; she was very sensitive to my needs and checked frequently to make sure everything was OK. She really worked out the knots in my body, which sometimes hurt, but I like a really strong, intense massage.

I booked with Pom again a second time for two hours a couple of days later. This was at 10am on a Monday and I was the only client there for most of that time, so if you want a very quiet, peaceful experience, first thing in the morning on a weekday would be a good time to come. I was still a bit sore from the previous massage two days before and she added Tiger Balm and oil to the massage and backed off the intensity a bit on the sore spots to make me more comfortable.

Pom told me she does not recommend the one-hour traditional Thai massage since it is too rushed, so if you are starting out, you could try the 1 1/2 hour massage to see if you like it. If you know you don't like an intense massage, the oil massage may be a better way to go.

Canada
7 attraction reviews
“awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

been in bkk numerous times and they are consistently good. don't expect the full meal deal. this is basic, but they provide a great massage. it is a hole in the wall but clean, fresh and very attentive. if u are expecting a high end experience, try to Sukhothai spa or the Mandarin Oriental. But if u need someone to work on those sore tired shopping muscles at a very reasonable price, this is it.