“Super excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   518/8 Ploenchit Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #34 of 755 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Super excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We booked 2 rooms for 4 of us for this stay. Amazing hotel in a top location. Chitlom BTS station was a stone's throw from the hotel. The train took us almost everywhere except for Chinatown.
Hotel service was well and above expectations.

One of our group had his birthday during the stay. Lo and behold, he was surprised to see a lovely cake waiting for him in the room when he got back later in the day.
Later that evening, the navigator/concierge upon asking.recommended a beautiful restaurant for the birthday celebration dinner.

Housekeeping staff could be a bit better like replenishing amenities in the right quantity. We ran out of a couple of items one morning. Other than that, we have no complaints. Buffet breakfast was of good quality and plentiful. We ate in the Italian restaurant one night and the food was also good. Little touches like having local homemade lollies at the front desk was a lovely gesture. They change the flavours everyday too.

However, I must add that free room internet should be provided and not as on a charge basis.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I checked into the Renaissance at 3:35PM after a flight from Singapore and stayed for four nights. Check-in was smooth without any problems.

I stayed in a deluxe room on the 19th floor. The room had a king-size bed with eight pillows, a TV and DVD player, a worktable with an executive chair, a mini-refrigerator, a coffee-maker, and a safe. The bathroom was well-stocked with towels and some toiletries.

The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept well although I found the pillows a little soft.

Service was very good. Housekeeping made the bed, kept the bathroom clean, left two bottles of water for me, and gave me clean towels every day.

Wireless internet worked without any problems.

Breakfast at Flavors was quite good. There were many varieties including Thai, Chinese and Indian food besides the usual Western fare.

Location is excellent. Chidlom BTS station is about 3-minute walk from the hotel. Within walking distance are a 711 mini-mart, the Erawan Shrine, Gaysorn, Central World Plaza, Paragon and Central Department Store.

I have one pet peeve with this hotel. I find the hotel corridors, lifts and lobby quite dim. Some people may find it cosy but for me it’s gloomy.

Other than this peeve, everything else was great.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Third Bangkok hotel that didn't credit my rewards account. The Marriott in Sukhumvit is the only one that did. I enjoyed my stay in the hotel, but it is super annoying that I have to file missing stay requests with Marriott. This has happened in 3 out of 4 Marriott properties in Bangkok. There is zero excuse for this and hotel management must proactively ensure stays are credited properly.

The highlight of this hotel is the executive lounge. The staff are super nice and helpful and the lounge staff in this hotel make the best cocktails (better than JW, Marriott Sukhumvit). As a gold member, the hotel provided a free 15-min massage which was a nice surprise and very much enjoyed. None of the other Marriott properties in BKK provide this.

The pool here is kind of disappointing - it's not really an outdoor pool so if you want to lay in the sun this is definitely not the right hotel.

I found the WiFi here fast and reliable.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceBKK, Asst. Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear sdd80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences in Bangkok on this Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your constructive feedbacks of our Renaissance Hotel.

I am glad to read that you love the property, the staff, the services, and the Club Lounges. in appreciation for being loyal to Marriott Hotels, we specially offer the benefits to our loyalty guests like you to enjoy the stays and experience the best products/services the hotel has offered.

I am disappointed that the points were not credited to your account correctly after departure. If you could send me some more details on your stay to thanida.p@marriott.com, I will be most happy to assist you.

Thanks again for staying with us and for your loyalty to Marriott hotel. Please allow me to welcome you back to Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel on your future visits to Bangkok. Until then, safe journey home!

Kind regards,

Thanida P.
Asst. Director of Rooms Operations
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

PROS:
We came here for our wedding anniversary. They took very good care of us.
The breakfast is fantastic and the variety is vast.
Location is perfect - just a block away from massive shopping centers and party districts and train station.
The bath is super comfy and fits two people easily.
Room service is great - they set up a table right in your room.

CONS:
Can't think of any...

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Service, We had our wedding ceremony over there, we booked over 10 rooms for family and friends that came from overseas. Without us asking for, Hotel managed to allocate most of our rooms in the same wing on the same floor, we don't even need to ask.

Food, we had a food tasting session couple months prior to the wedding, head chef from their Chinese resturant came out to ask for comments, we pointed out what taste we think our friends and families would like but we didn't give specific instruction on how to twick the taste. Surprisingly on our big day, food were delicious, it adapted a bit Shanghai flavour with traditional Thai taste in most of the dishes. A big thank you to the resturant.

Location, it is based in the busiest street in Bangkok however stay inside the hotel, you won't really feel that you are in such a crowed place, the hotel is spacious and quiet in a way. Certainly you will appreciate the long drive way/walk way from the main street and those plants.

Room Tip: High floor rooms for sure.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just returned back from a 4 day stay at the Renaissance and we were not disappointed one bit. We originally booked a deluxe room and inquired about an upgrade upon arrival. For a slightly higher additional amount, we were offered the suite and included breakfast buffet so we agreed. The $60 more a night was well worth it for the top floor, larger size of the room, panoramic views from every room and the delicious breakfast that included traditional Thai cuisine (I did not experience this at the JW Marriott and the Shangri-La Bangkok on our previous stays) which was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were well appointed and included everything a 5 star establishment should include. As the other reviews suggested, the ambience and delightful fragrance of the hotel lobby is evident upon entry and the hospitality of the entire staff was professional, courteous and overtly friendly on every encounter. Wifi was free for Marriott Rewards members so a good idea to join if you are a frequent traveler. The pool was very inviting but we did not use it, but the view from the top was spectacular. What I loved most about the Renaissance was it's close proximity to everything and since we are shoppers, it was heavenly with street markets to the premier retail establishments within a short distance from one another. Just a walk through the hotel's outdoor parking lot, there is the BTS station that is accessible to anything around the city. We will definitely return to Bangkok soon and the Renaissance will again be our hotel of choice for that booking. The only additional comment I would suggest would be to offer a cold towel and refreshment to guests upon check-in especially after arriving from a long airplane ride. I don't know if this was offered in the morning and afternoon since we arrived in the evening.

Room Tip: Book a high floor suite room for spectacular views!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I cancelled my booking with Renaissance Bangkok for 3 nites with great reluctance in favour of Shangri-La. Don't get me wrong. I have full faith in the Marriott brand having stayed in many Marriott properties and none of them have ever failed me. However, I cancelled this time only after reading many reviews about the pool being freezing cold (probably because its shaded and on high ground.) I cannot risk my children falling ill on a holiday! It will be great if the hotel can heat up the pool upon request like Okura Prestige Bangkok and Marriott worldwide reservations had no idea whether the pool can be heated or not so I decided not to risk it.

However, I will return in a heartbeat to another Marriott property anytime for I believed Renaissance, being part of the Marriott group will always accommodate the request of their guests if they can help it. Hopefully, they can do something about the pool because an important factor for us is the hotel facilities.

I passed by the hotel on the bts and its very central to all the big shopping malls unlike the Shangri-La which is better for sight seeing and there is only a small shopping complex nearby N not many food options.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
RenaissanceBKK, Asst. Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear NEMISIS,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. It saddens me to read that you decided to cancel the reservation with us due to the reviews about our swimming pool. I totally understand your concern and fully respect your reasons.

I am glad that you had a chance to pass by our hotel via BTS. As you know the location is great as the hotel is in the central business district that is located in the heart of shopping area.

I still hope that you will stay at the Renaissance Bangkok some time in the future. Until then, enjoy Bangkok and safe journey home.

Kind regards,

Thanida P.
Asst. Director of Rooms Operations

Been to Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel? Share your experiences!