“Good Quality Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel

You added Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   518/8 Ploenchit Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Good Quality Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Renaissance hotel in Bangkok have good rooms and great ambience as you walk into the hotel lobby. I must say that the staff here are very polite and friendly. The hotel is well located with about 3 minutes walk from the Chitlom sky train station and very close to the Central Mall and other malls. Overall a good quality stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Rinkeshj,

Thank you very much for your nice comments of which I am particularly pleased to read that you found the team both very polite and friendly. Our Ambassadors are certainly an important asset for us and I will be sure to make mention of your nice comments to them. I am glad to read that you like the hotel rooms and ambience of the hotel too.

We are fortunate to be located a great location which enables you to walk to all of Bangkok leading shopping malls and the Chitlom BTS station is just opposite the hotel which connects you all what Bangkok has to discover.

Thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

With regards and safe travels ahead,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was on attending a conference and took the family. As a venue for a conference it was great. Staff were very helpful, though reception staff had poor to average english comprehension. I would have expected a little more from the Marriott chain, they did muck up a few very key check in procedures and didn't really seem to care, very unapologetic. I stayed in an executive suite and the Club Lounge and their staff were excellent. If you stay in the a Club Suite make sure the reception staff send you up there for check in, they missed this and my check in was very painful. Not very child friendly, but overall a good hotel. A lot of cabs do not know wherebit is so be sure to take a card with the map on ir when you go out, good location though as you cn walk to most places.

Room Tip: Up grade to th executive club, you get heaps of perksvwhich are well worth it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear guest

I like to thank you for your nice comments and for your constructive feedback. I do sincerely apologize for the check-in eperience you encountered and rest assured that we take comments like this seriously and share them with the respective teams since these enable us to contineously improve our services.

I am pleased to read that you had a great conference and enjoyed all of the conference facilities. The hotel has indeed a great location and it is within walking distance from all of the Bangkok leading shopping malls and the Chitlom BTS station is just opposite which connects you with all what Bangkok has to discover.

I like to thank you for staying with us and I hope that you and your family when coming back to Bangkok next time would still decide to stay with us, I look forward to your return

Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here for 5 night for a conference in September. The hotel itself was very nice but the stand out was the staff. They were professional and friendly as you would expect but they also went out of their way to help. In among all the tours and normal things to do they managed to find a place for us to watch the All Blacks play Bledisloe Cup which I guess is a little obscure. Cut a long story short they didn't mind what the request, they were happy to help. Pleasure to stay at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments, our hotel ambassadors are definitely an asset for us and will be sure to make mention of your comments to them. It pleases me in particuar to read that our team of navigators (concierge) were able to recommend you a place to visit to watch the "All Blacks" game.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigtors wil be delighted to tell our guests about about the Bangkok discoveries, and I am proud to say, htat our team knows the city in and out, better then most travel books, which shows in the above recommendation which is a request we do not get daily.

Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your return so that we can give you the same experience,

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was worried about trying this hotel after a bad experience at the JW Marriott the last time we were in Bangkok. After hearing the Renaissance was new, we gave it a chance. The hotel was exactly what you would expect from a Renaissance. The people were all polite and helpful. Our room was great. We had access to the members lounge with breakfast and a light dinner and drinks served daily. There are always bumps in any hotel stay, but we would choose this hotel again. We had our teenage daughter with us and she enjoyed the variety of food available in the hotel and close by in the neighborhood. It was also a close walk to the sky train and not many stops from there to the water taxi.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments, it is good to read that our hotel ambassadors have done a a great job in looking after all of you and that you enjoyed the overall design and feel of the hotel and our guest rooms.

Renaissance hotels is fully managed by Marriott International Hotels, the difference is in our positioning, as a brand Renaissance signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the Bangkok local discoveries.

The location of the hotel enables you to walk to all of Bangkok leading shopping malls and the Chitlom BTS station is just opposite the hotel which connects you all what Bangkok has to discover.

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return to that we can offer you and your family the same experience,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Renaissance for 4 nights in Sep 2013. We always travel but haven't been to Bangkok for more than 10 years, and so, spent more than 2 weeks to select a hotel. Our basic requirements are: 1) in-room free wifi (surprised that wifi is charged in most of the hotels in BKK); 2) nearby BTS station (bad exp. for traffic jam in the past); 3) new hotel with nice swimming pool; 4) good buffet breakfast and 5) reasonable cost. Renaissance is almost perfect per our requirements. The room is nice, exactly the same as the professional photos in the hotel website. Several comfort pillows with different level of softness are ready for selection in the room. Hotel buffet breakfast was great, I love the fresh fruit juice and the bakeries! And, the hotel location is very convenience, 5 mins. to BTS Chit Lom and connected to all huge shopping malls in the district by covered skywalk; I don't even have to put UV block lotion during my stay. :)

Of course, there is bad side for the hotel (although not my big concern). We stayed at 17/F, after few mins. went into the room, we suddenly noticed from the window that there were clouds of smoke, with small sound liked alarm bell, from lower floors.... sounds terrible! But after clarification, smoke was made by hotel laundry downstairs! +_+ For the room, my first impression for the bed/mattress was too hard, as long as I was too tired at night, fell asleep immediately without such feeling anymore. My husband complained that the corridor was too dark. Well, the most upset part for us was that the swimming pool water was freezing! (couldn't imagine). It is my first time that I didn't swim during my vacation. :(

Anyway, I like the hotel and will definitely recommended to other travelers who wanted for a decent and convenience hotel.

Room Tip: Apply for Marriott Membership (free) from their website before travel to avail of free wifi.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you and your husband for your nice comments. You have taken a lot of time to select a hotel and it pleases me that our hotel was nearly perfect in all of your five selection criteria.

I am happy to read that the hotel ambassadors have done a great job in looking after you both and that you enjoyed the design of the guest room and the overall feel of the hotel.

Marriott International hotels of which Renaissance hotels is part, takes safety of its guests as it highest priority, I can re-confirm to you, that the smoke you subsribed in your review was the hot steam of the laundry press which has been rectified.

Regarding your comment on the bed being "too hard", please do let us know next time you stay with us, since we would be pleased to soften it by having an additional topper placed on the mattress, I would like to refer to our virtual concierge link on the booking page.

We do take your comments seriously and I will be sure to make mention of these in our training classes to our team members to keep improving our services.

Most of all Iike to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return,

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Renaissance Bangkok is a great place, rooms are good, the food is amazing, the restaurants serve some lip smacking authentic Thai food and every other cuisine that will make you hungry for more. The courtesy is very heartening. The Navigator is a good experience in hospitality.

Room Tip: You should try all the restaurants for an out of the world experience.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I like to thank you for your nice comments, I am particular pleased to read that our navigators (concierge) have looked after you so well.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live LIfe to Discover" and our team of navigators will be delighted to tell our guests all about the Bangkok local discoveries.

I like to thank you as well for dining in all of the hotel restaurants; Flavors our three meal dining, Fei Ya our award winning Chinese restaurant, 4 years in a row voted the best Chinese in Bangkok and an another award winning restaurant La Tavola which serves great Italian cuisine. You wrote you had in all an "out of the world experience" and I am proud to say that our Food and Beverage team has received many similar comments on our dining experiences.

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've stayed in the Renaissance for 2 nights with the family. The hotel has great locations, rooms are in perfect shape and very spacious and overall we loved our stay. The dinner Buffet is very good and everybody makes you feel welcome.

Few issues:

1. The staff is not very professional and their english skills should be better.
2. My Marriott membership was sent with the booking however it took me three 20 minutes
sessions at the reception to have them assign it to my room when I arrived.
3. Im still waiting for the extra towels I asked for (3 Times) and urgently if possible...

These might be minor issues, but I do expect things to go easy and fast when Im at a 5 star hotel. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: We had 7 rooms at the hotel, all were very good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments, It is good to read that the hotel ambassadors in general have done a great job in looking after you and the family and that you enjoyed the design and feel of the hotel besides our location.

On behalf of the team I do sincerely apologize for the three points you have mentioned above and I will be sure to make mention of these in training classes we do weekly to keep improving our overall service standards.

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return,

With regards, safe travels ahead,

Mark van der Wielen

Been to Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel? Share your experiences!