“great value for $$” 4 of 5 stars
Review of myhotel Pratunam

Save Saved
You added myhotel Pratunam to your Saves list
myhotel Pratunam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70,70/1-4 Soi Petchburi Road 15 | Petchaburi Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #438 of 756 Hotels in Bangkok
Hamilton, New Zealand
“great value for $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stay here for 3 nights. come with very low expectation after reading some of the reviews. But then was very surprised by the cleanness of room, buffet breakfast was good. Very close to the markets and shopping centres. very friendly front desk staffs.

overall great stay =D

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My Hotel is good and clear ,location is nice also.
I already stay that 2nd time.
Next time if I go Bangkok again still will stay that .
But the wifi no good, because everyday need go to the counter take the password.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

i stayed for about 3 nights in my hotel Pratunam. Great place if you plan to shop at Pratunam Night Market and Platinum Fashion Mall. Nice neighborhood, not so crowded and noisy. Great values for those who travel with budget like me.
Over all i had a great time staying there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Overall very good experience,all staff very helpful and make me impressive, when i get in there everyone good to say hello..!! The room is fit to stayed. The price is value for the
accommodation center city..I was there for 3 night and very happy my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 28th December for 1 night and it is good for just a 1 night stay but u wouldn't want a holiday for a week here. Just an overnight stay. Room smelt of sewage the whole time and smoke. Also a constant like droning noise happened - sounded like a motor or something for the hot water tank. Reception were not that helpful - id asked for a taxi and she said go on the street - with 2 big bags and really hot heat this wasn't ideal. On my paperwork it said to check in at 12 - I was told come back at 2.
It is up an alley way but is safe . Right next to a 7/11 newsagent aswell .
Overall- average for a night sleep.

• Stayed December 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stay this hotel for 3 days.The hotel is clean and staff very friendly and helpful.Have tuk tuk service free to main road.For breakfast it Ok for morning time.The staff in front every time smile
For room very clean but toilet to small.
Overall hotel was great..I'm enjoy to stay here.(small hotel but big service)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Pasig, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

LOCATION
- It's not near BKK's BTS (trains) at all!
- Very few cab drivers know where it is (TIP: take a picture of the street and show it to the driver so they will know where to drop you off)
- The hotel is located at a sort of "industrial" area where there's a lot of cargo and forwarding companies
- The hotel is at the end of a street with very few lighting at night
- On the street walls, there are a lot sign that warns tourists of Bag Snatchers riding their motorcycles (reason why I made sure I was inside the hotel before dusk)

STAFF
- The lady who received me when I went to check in was fine. She was very courteous and knows English.
- Male staff that was assigned in the evening was very rude. I encountered him 2x in my 4 nights of stay there and on both times, he disappointed me. The first time I approached him, I asked for WIFI password and he rudely just asked for my room number and gave me a piece of paper (this was maybe because he was watching something on his iPhone when I approached him). 2nd time I encountered him, I asked if he could call a cab for me as I will be checking out early --- he just said no and said that they CAN NOT call a cab for me
- They are not very helpful. Imagine a hotel that can not call a cab for you when you check out. Again, the hotel is at the end of the street and it was early in the morning. Are they expecting me to walk the whole way, in the dark, with all my luggage?? seriously? Good thing that I was able to find a parked Cab that agreed to take me.
- Staff are not pleasant and are not approachable. When you ask them questions, they always bat an eyelash and seems like you are a pain to them for asking some questions.

HOTEL FACILITIES
Room:
- Room was basic bed, toilet, safe and hair dryer
- They make the room everyday (as should be)
- Towels provided on my 2nd-4th night was clean but a bit worn out
- Complimentary water is replaced everyday (as should be)

Elevator:
- It's so SLOW
- Carpet is so filthy, it needs to BE CLEANED ASAP!
- Carpet throughout the hotel is old and dirty - it could use some shampoo and proper vacuum

Breakfast:
- All overnight stay has complimentary breakfast
- They start at 630 and ends at 10AM
- Food is quite bland with very few choices

To be honest, if only I did not pay for my room in advance, I would have checked out on my first night and looked for a better hotel. Being that I traveled alone, I did not feel safe staying at this hotel and seeing those posters about bag snatching was not of any help at all. Poor customer service of the staff is a major turn off as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to myhotel Pratunam? Share your experiences!