“DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT AN ENJOYABLE TRIP AT BKK” 1 of 5 stars
Review of myhotel Pratunam

Save Saved
You added myhotel Pratunam to your Saves list
myhotel Pratunam
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70,70/1-4 Soi Petchburi Road 15 | Petchaburi Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #432 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT AN ENJOYABLE TRIP AT BKK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The first time I stayed at Myhotel was 2 years back, the hotel is still new, everything is alright from what I remember, thought of staying here again since the previous time when I stayed at Best Western just 0.25km away from Myhotel as I find Best Western a little too far in. However, I TOTALLY regretted my choice, I would rather walk that extra few steps! Very disappointing because I wanted to give my mum an enjoyable trip, so please do not stay here if you want a nice and enjoyable trip at bkk.

First, the service by the hotel staffs are really bad, during the first day, I tried asking the counter staff to get the tuktuk driver to send us out to the main road in their tuktuk, the counter staff asked us to approach the driver outside, and when I approached the driver outside, the driver asked me to approached the counter staff. Another incident is on the second morning, we bought some bread and request if the cafe staff could help us heat it up using their microwave, the cafe staff asked me for 50baht?! And I exclaimed 50baht to him and he said wait, he will go and check it out. Anticipating a positive reply, he came back saying it would only cost 30baht. Sigh! I have no idea what to say at this point of time, and the same thing about the tuktuk happened again and we got so angry that we decided to walk out to the main road instead, I bet it's much faster than approaching the staff for a free tuktuk ride which they put it out big on a poster.

Secondly, we realised that the hotel staff came into our room and clean it up even though we forgot to put the 'make up room' sign, I really question their privacy for their guests. And even if they clean up the room on the third day, we realised they did not top up our toilet roll?! I think that's the most basic and essential thing for room service, it's really bad bad bad! We didn't bother to ask the staff by then because we are pretty sick of all the excuses the staff gave us and pushing the responsibility here and there.

Myhotel, I would say nothing special, it's not exceptionally clean or nice to stay, and the service is REALLY POOR/BAD/INTOLERANT. And one more to add on to the list, they do not give free Wifi, which I think it's also a very simple thing to provide for guests in this modern times. And the cost for the internet is ridiculous, you have to buy a coupon which have this username and password, and the coupon comes in 30mins, an hour and one more which I can't remember. If they run out of any, sorry, you would have to purchase the other packages then. I had to use the internet for just awhile to check something, but I had to buy a 30mins package for 30baht and I used it for less than 5mins because that's all I need, and to print something, one page cost 15baht. SERIOUSLY, I was sooooo disappointed! Like very very disappointed!

I would never ever come here again, NEVER. And I would strongly recommend Best Western which is just a few more steps away but everything about that hotel is much better. Also, the lobby of Myhotel is filled with the smell of medicated oil because of the massage centre just beside, it is really very very awful the whole place.

So no, to ensure an enjoyable trip, do not stay at Myhotel just because it is cheap (but it's not exactly very very cheap as well).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
myhotelbudgethotel, Owner at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Dear Madam
Please accept our sincere apology for your inconvenience and frustation. And even more since you are our returning guests.

On our part we will try our best to meet our customers expectation. But some facilities we really apologize we can not include like wifi since we are budget hotel for travellers who would like to save accommodation cost and spend more on other things. We try to take out some function choices so as to bring down price as low as possible. By making all inclusive, our guest will need to pay higher price like the hotel that you compare us to.

Sorry again from all team. We takes all the comments seriously and will make better ka.

Thankyou, kob khun ka.

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

A very cute chic and modern hotel. Rooms are ok but beds are quite small. Hotel rooms and bathroom is clean. Buffet breakfast is average but you'll get stuffed with what they offer. Location is good for shoppers because it's just a 5 minute walk going to pratunam shopping place. Room rates are affordable. Room service for a Thai massage is one of the best.

• Stayed July 2010
Resident_Manager007, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear Ninhera

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel services and facilities. We will do our best to ensure that you will have the similar experience for your next visit.

Lagos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

The hotel is down a long narrow street off Petchburi Road. Not many restaurants in the neighbourhood and you need to take a taxi or Tuc-Tuc to get anywhere. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was limited in choice for Europeans, as most of the food seemed oriental. The breakfast room is also the cafe and restaurant for the hotel. A free Tuc-Tuc service is available till noon. The hotel is extremely busy and very popular due to it's low price's. There is a lot of noise from the corridors and the rooms are very small. They have private toilet and shower and are very clean throughout. Also good airconditioning, which is also noisy. There is also TV and your own safe in the wardrobe.The cleaning staff have walkie talkies and you hear them from early in the morning. If you want a good night's sleep, use earplugs. It's best to take a taxi from the airport because the stops on the new airport train service is too far away to walk with suitcases. A taxi should cost around 400 Baht. The new airport rail link is very efficient and cheap.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Resident_Manager007, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Dear Mand
We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and encourage you to come back to us in the future. I have to appologize for your quality sleep, we will approve and control the volume of walkie-talkie. I have to inform about our Tuk Tuk free shuttle service, we service the guest till midnight. it's not noon. We will do our best to ensure that you will have the similar experience for your next visit.

myhotel Pratunam, Bangkok
KL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

We have stay there for 3 nights, taken 2 standard room for 3 persons staying each. 3rd person was charged for 200 baht per night with breakfast but no bed provided. Front desk service was kind of rude, especially when we passing by the counter to take the lift, the lady in the counter shout at us to check the number of persons staying. Dryer has to request from the counter, and the unit available is limited. No drinking water is provided as well, we have to buy mineral water from 7-11 near by.

Hotel is located at the end of dark street. Free tuk tuk is provided to send you to the main street near Rachathewi BTS or Platinum Mall. Overall room is clean, but its rather small.

Note: Try avoid the bell boy when he promote the floating marketing package to you, he claimed that pay only 800 bath for the whole trip, end up we were paying 6400 bath.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Resident_Manager007, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
My Dear Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the comment to us.

As a returning guest, your comments are most important in helping us maintain high standards and ensuring that your expectations are met each visit. We regret to learn that on this past occasion, you had a warm and friendly environment was not transpired throughout your stayed. Please rest assured that department heads concerned have already been briefed to improve in the needed area. We will also make improvements in our services consistency and do our best to make each of the guests stay the most comfortable one.

We do apologize for inconveniences’ caused and hope that you had enjoyed other aspects of your stayed with us. You are a valuable guest at the myhotel Pratunam and we hope to restore your confidence by having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near further.

I have to apologize for your misunderstanding about our bell boy recommend the floating market package to you. This is our policy that we try to recommend the best services and the best of Thailand to all customers. We try to promote Thailand destination tourist palcec to all customers. we try to do the best unexpectation services to all customers. I have to inform you that we don't make for profit. The tour counter shop in our hotel is the part of sapce rental in hotel but it's not ourself so we promote the best famous tourist palces in Thailand but we don't get any profit. if it make you misunderstand, i have to apologize for my staff also.

Warm regards;

myhotel Pratunam
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

I was there for 5 nights with my girlfriend to celebrate 2011. Reach on 30 dec , was greeted by a warm and poliet captain. He is a great guide too.. offer us free tuk tuk service to main road or nearby areas. Room is clean and new. Only minus point is no hair dryer in room, my 2nd floor room has no window too. There is internet at lobby, but has to pay. I think it wil be good if internet can be free at limited to 10min. Sometimes we only need to check out some areas online. But overall Great experience.. I will definitely be back here when i am in BKK again. If you live in Pratunam, this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Resident_Manager007, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Thank you for your words of appreciation for our room and the staff. It brings us great pleasure when our hard efforts to satisfy our guests are appreciated and remembered.

We have to apologize about hair dryer that we have but it's on request at the front desk. We have to apologize once again about the internet, we are the buget hotel so our room rates are not expensive so the internet we have to charge some. We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition as well.

We are truly happy to know that our products and services met your expectation and encourage you to come back to us in the future. We will do our best to ensure that you will have the similar experience for your next visit.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

good hotel in the center of shopping area in bangkok. we stayed there for 3 nights and only utilized the room for sleep only (11pm-6am). haven't try the breakfast because it is not halal but its ok with us. there are 2 stalls that sell halal food nearby (2-3min walking distance).

the room is clean. aircond is good as well as the hot shower and toilet. the televison has a lot of channel. not less than 30 i guess. but the most important thing is, CHEAP!! we just spent not more than THB 2800 on the rooms for 3 nights.

for those who are shopaholic, i recommend this hotel. you can get shirt (mostly for ladies) at a bargain price as low as THB 80. the street are quite creepy but it is safe. we've been walked in the street late at night and early in the morning.

you also can find massage center in this hotel with reasonable price. not to forget, there is also a tourism agent. in my opinion, buying ground tour package in bangkok is much more cheaper than buying them in my own country. we do saved THB 7000!!!!

but i just want to add 1 negative comment. it is about the lady in the front desk during our final night in bangkok. i asked her about the universal adaptor since mine cannot been used. then she replied very impolitely. i believed that she's hardly to understand english but still the tone of her voice shows that she is quite rude. perhaps the management can do something about it. maybe to provide trainings. dont loose your guest because of this issue. overall the hotel is really good. 2 thumbs up!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Resident_Manager007, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear Afyd
Thank you for your feedback to myhotel Pratunam, Bangkok. We glad to know that you enjoyed your entire stayed here but only regret that we could not provided you the requested due to unexpected condition of our adaptor electric . Your comment will be shared to my night shift staff to ensure that they will keep on hard working to make all guests feel at home and comfortable as much as possible.

We look forward to your next stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010 via mobile

We arrived in BK early on 30th Dec with a booking for 5 nights at myhotel after an overnight train from Surathani. So u can understand we were tired. Called the hotel to ask whether we could check-in early n after some confusing conversation, the counter staff said that a room is avail. However, when we reached the hotel at abt 830am, the counter staff said there was no room avail rudely n said that no one checks in so early. We were told to wait but was not informed how long it will be. We could have sat at the lobby for another 4 hours as the normal check out time is 12pm.
When we got our room finally at 10am, the same rude staff infd that there is no window for our double standard room but only in the twin rooms. She then placed two keys to either a twin room or double for us to make a choice. Is this the friendly service that Thailand is famous for?
The room that we got was clean but rather small n rather claustrophobic. There were some dirty hand stains on the wall tho. We were on the 3rd floor n could hear the bustle from roadside vendors.
The free tuktuk service was inconsistent. We asked whther we could go out to the main road n was told to wait 10 mins (the walk out is less than that) . In the next minute, he took off with another staff to the main road. Friendly service, my foot! Immediately looked for other accommodation n found another guesthouse in the area with much better and friendlier service. We checked out the next morning with again the aloof service from the staff. Will never come back!
Terrible, terrible service especially from the counter staff that worked in the morning on 30th n 31st. She should look for another job.

• Stayed December 2010
Resident_Manager007, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Dear Jung

First of all I have to apologize about your dissatisfaction about our staff service. I already asked my staff she siad she really not understanding what do you mean when you called for asking the available room, Our hotel is budget hotel so my staff may be not expert in english but we try to be the best service for hotel business. She understand that you ask for the available room on that day because our room still available on that day. She thinks you are the new guests call to check to room so she answer on phone that our room available. Whatever she made unhappiness to you, I am a manger here I have to really apologize once again for my staff. Our standard check-in time at 2 pm, so she gave you 2 choices because we have just only 2 room available at 12.00 because you came to early check-in so she have to give you choose first that she thinks she can make you happy and refresh once again after you cannot eraly check-in at 8.00am. I have to apologize once again for my staff if you still dissatisfaction with our hotel.

The free TukTuk shuttle service staff, we can go anytime you requests but sometimes we have to wait for some staff go together because you go would like to go to the main road. Ww are afraid that other guests waiting long time also to turn back hotel again so they have to ask you waiting just minutes. if our other guests come to request to go outside we will send all of the guests togeher at one times, but if 1 of guest waiting more than 10 mintes we will send the first guest who requests first. I have to apologize for our missunderstanding with you and my staff once again.

Thank you very much for your comment, we will surely approve our staff sevice to the best sevices budget hotel.
If you come to stay with us next time we confirm that our service will approve within today and carefully much more for all details really thanks for your comment once again....
We look forward to welcoming you again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Warm regards;

Resident Manager

Been to myhotel Pratunam? Share your experiences!