“Extraordinary wine dinner experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Bangkok, Thailand
“Extraordinary wine dinner experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

A few days ago my wife and I joined a Grand Cru Classe Bordeaux wine dinner at Panorama restaurant/Crowne Plaza. Chef Matt had prepared 14 (or 16?) small dishes for us - and they were all good - very good!! We always knew Matt as an extremely good chef, but this evening he revealed that he is more than just that! - The dishes covered so many various ingredients and raw materials from sea and land, with great tasting combinations! This was Michelin Stars level!
service was as always great! - And then you have the views!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
BKKCP_rest, Assistant F&B Manager at Panorama Restaurant, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for visiting to Panorama restaurant for the Grand Cru Classé Wine Dinner. We have shared your compliment on Chef Matt and we appreciate that you have highlighted on the service you have experienced.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback. I hope that we can continue to earn your praise in your future dining at Panorama restaurant.

• Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Below average....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I should have known the minute I sent email enquiring for the price for lunch buffet via email and never received any replied. But yet I thought based on reviews here on Tripadvisors, I should at least give it another try... I called to make a reservation for four. The lady who answered the phone name "Pu" who was nice at first made a reservation for me and hurriedly trying to get off the phone. I politely asked if I could have the table by the window, and was told that the system was down. Nothing can be done!!! At this point, I should have forgotten about it and gone to other places. BUT I did not. We turned up to an empty restaurant. They were another couple and us in the who restaurant!!!!!!

Let me start with the food, for 1000 baht per head, you expect more. There were not enough choices to stat with. Very very very limited choice for Japanese food. For grill station, there were some fish (Dory and Cod) squid and prawn. Also there were pork chop and steak. All of them looked a week old. Dessert.......... there is no need talk about it.

Service was ok. But make sure you ask for normal water. Otherwise, you will serve you a 75 baht bottle water. We dont mind paying but at least they should serve normal water.

The place is not that CLEAN. I guess the staff were too busy talking rather than cleaning :-)

There was one other thing I like to mention, the chef who is working there likes very much tasting his own food. We saw him a couple of time taking food through exit door. I guess he was having lunch as there were nobody in the restaurant! :-) This place is lacked of management from top down.

I was so disappointed and I dont others to experience the same. Please read all the reviews from the past and those problems still do exist today. Nothing has changed!

Recommended: What was I thinking?

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
BKKCP_rest, Assistant F&B Manager at Panorama Restaurant, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced in respect to our reservation agent and service during your lunch at Panorama.

At Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park, we take pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to recent internal system update at the time you call for making reservation and the staff that you saw is our Panorama chef who was doing our new dishes on that day.

As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that we installing proper back-up systems for our reservation software and make sure our preparation process is not interrupt our guest during their mealtime.

We deeply value your relationship with Crowne Plaza Bangkok Lumpini Park and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. If you have any further suggestion or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to let us know.

Fairhope, Alabama
“Nice View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a couple beers in their bar, when it was raining. The view is very good, especially at night, but the drinks are very overpriced.

Visited August 2013
BKKCP_rest, Assistant F&B Manager at Panorama Restaurant, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for visiting to our Panorama restaurant during your recent visit to Bangkok. We have shared your comment with our beverage manager about the selling price. I appreciate that you have highlighted this issue and complemented on restaurant ambiance and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Rest assured we will rectify this immediately to ensure all of our guests have an excellent experience every time.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your feedback. I hope that we can continue to earn your praise in your future dining.

Singapore
“Great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Attentive and efficient! Great extensive assortment and variety! Has a great view of Bangkok skyline!

Visited August 2013
BKKCP_rest, Assistant F&B Manager at Panorama Restaurant, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear guest,

It was our great pleasure to serve you and your friend during your recent visit to Bangkok. We are looking forward to your return visit to Panorama Restaurant. We are certainly appreciated your feedback on the service and cuisine, as we continue to strive to offer the best possible experience to all of our guests.

Please take a moment to call ahead and ask for me personally, so that I can ensure the seating area of your choice is reserved for your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

London
“Buffet & Wagyu Beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Antipasta Buffet of fantastic quality meats and shrimp. Then all you can eat Wagyu Beef cokked brazilian style. The manager was over to check on my experience and also a lovely red wine to go with it. Very Very Good.

Visited August 2013
BKKCP_rest, Assistant F&B Manager at Panorama Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment in regards to our service and cuisine at Panorama restaurant. It is always nice to hear praise—especially from one of our valued customers. Your compliment has been shared to our team at Panorama restaurant. I am glad that Mr. Vitor Santiago was visited you during your dinner and I have passed your message to him with my own personal thanks.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. I hope that we can continue to earn your praise in our future dining.