The previous time I came to Bangkok it was JW Marriott in Sukhumvit, 2. This time I decided to try another Marriott and it was probably a mistake even the hotel was not bad at all. There were 3 facts we didn't like at all:
1. The room. I have booked the smoking suite as I am still smoking. I can assure you that I have never stayed in a room that was totally smoked like a smoking room at the airport. It is really strange as there are modern cleaning detergents that can eliminate almost any smell.
2. The location. It is rather far from the main street where the Sky Train station is situiated: it is more than 15 minutes walking time that is not so easy when it is around 35C in the air. The hotel offers a free tuk tuk shuttle service to the station that really helps but JW is only 100 meters from the station that is much more convenient.
3. The check in. I had asked for the smoking suite on a higher floor much in advance when I booked the room in August and it was confirmed. Nevertheless it was not noted at all when I checked in. Besides, my membreship number has disappeared from the system and I was lucky I asked them about that when checking in.
All the rest was OK. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the room service was in time and the delivery to the airport was also well arranged.
There are several Western styled coffee shops around the hotel so you can go there in case you don't like the breakfast at the hotel. Besides there is a fantastic fish restaurant just opposite the hotel that looks perfect for a dinner.
- Also Known As:
- Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott Executive Apartments Sukhumvit Park – Bangkok offers you all of the comforts of home combined with the safety and flexibility you need, and can depend upon to make your stay in Bangkok stress free and productive, be it for a stay of a few days, weeks, or even months at a time. Conveniently located in walking distance to Phrom Phong BTS station and Emporium Shopping centre, or just a two minute ride in one of our two tuk tuks, which run regularly throughout the day, makes it easy to access all of Bangkok’s commercial areas and famous tourist attractions such as the Grand Palace, Jim Thompson House, the Weekend market or anyone of the numerous department stores in Bangkok. With a range of suites, starting from our spacious 45sqm Studio Suites, 65sqm One Bedroom Suites and 130 sqm Two Bedroom Suites, We have an option for families of all sizes, be it for a stay of one night or one year. All suites are extensively decorated, with large windows highlighting the panoramic views of the city, and comfortably furnished from the 37 inch LCD TV in every room, fully equipped gourmet kitchen, through to the spacious, dedicated work area designed to give you room to work and room to live. All public areas and rooms of the hotel are wifi accessible and every desk also has cable internet, allowing you to take advantage of our fast 40mb international internet connection. Extensive facilities throughout the hotel make it the ideal location to retreat from the hustle and heat of the city after a long day of sightseeing or a tough day at the office. Our 25m pool is located on the third floor, along with the Bar on 3, Kandara Spa and 24 hour gym. In addition to this, our roof top tennis court and golf practice range, combined with our indoor air conditioned squash and badminton courts allow you keep on top of your game, without leaving the hotel, even though you are in the heart of the city. Our Bistro M features an extensive buffet breakfast each morning, for lunch and dinner Bistro M has a huge variety of dishes to cater to all tastes, from Indian, Italian and Thai through to classic bistro items and a number of home style set menus. All of this is combined with the care, attention and dedication of all of our staff, available 24 hours, providing you with personal service, delivered to suit your needs. Our staff are multilingual and have extensive local area knowledge from years of first hand experience. They’ll provide you with the information you need to help you feel at home along with a range of local information and inside tips on where to get the best food, best bargains, see the most unique things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.