“Trendy boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok

You added Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 4 Sukhumvit Soi 22 Kwang Klongtoey | Khet Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly I Style Trend Hotel)   |
Ranked #287 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Amsterdam
“Trendy boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Excellent service, they have staff waiting near the entrance to help you with where you want to go (touristy, food, shops). I arrived pretty late (11pm) and I was all sweaty and gross and they welcomed me with a nice glass of ice cold grapefuirt(?) juice.

The room was immaculate. Very white and clean. They even bring in fresh flowers daily

The location is in the city (walking distance to major shops) or if you're lazy, you can take the BTS. The closest would be Phrom Phong and a 30Baht fare will take you to whereever you want. (Or 120Baht one-day unlimited rides).

Best: the cleanliness

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Citrus22, Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Dear Stephanie_Sydney

We are truly delighted that our staff services and the room facilities are to met your satisfaction and very appreiated for compliment on the room cleanliness. I have share your review to all of them, especially our goal is how to make all of the guest feel they are home away from home.

Thank you for staying with us, my team and i are delighted to welcome you back as our regular guest.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Paid approx 2550 Baht for 1 nights accomodation B+B about 50 pounds sterling .
We got the room right at the front of the hotel over looking Soi 22 so you can hear a bit of noise from the motor bikes but nothing to disturb your sleep.
The Soi does have a few girlie bars on the street but nothing to cause a family too much concern.
The hotel is very new and very nicely apointed and equipped with a lovely firm bed and over lapping curtains to block out the light a nice touch in any hotel.
Breakfast was the usual bits and pieces.
One concern for me was when checking out the door man asked how much I wanted to pay to get to the airport. I ignored this and got in taxi and was telling him to put on his meter before driving off.
What happend next was he refused and said that it would be 500 baht for a 250 Baht journey. He refused to stop the taxi so we opened both rear doors and he stopped immediately we retieved the baggage and got into another taxi.
I felt this was a tie up with the door man and taxi driver to split the money if it was it was my only complaint about this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed her for almost a week. The rooms were very nice furnished, very comfy and spacy enough... , good shower, good free Wi-Fi connection and CLEAN!!!
Breakfast was a la carte and once in a buffet style. Both servings were ok, quick and good!
The neigberhood was ok, not toooo busy, but enough good restaurants around the hotel.
By that time I had to be in that area, but frankly speaking a bit far from the nearest MRT/BTS about 15-20 min. walking (and I almost run when I walk!!).
Taxi's easy to stop along the street or by the bellboy/security staff!
Enjoyed my stay here every minute! Oh ya, nice pool on top of the building, which was like a private pool, since there were nobody every time I was enjoying poolside... (too hot, but for somebody from Dubai... ok, lah... hahaha)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dear Dachaladacha,

First of all I would like to say, thank you for chosen to stayed almost a week with us at Citrus 22 Bangkok. Guest's satisfaction is the Best Reward to our staff and thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel especially the private rooftop poolside and other hotel facilities.
Regarding to the nearest BTS Sky train is PromPhogn station approximate 10 minutes walking and MRT is Asok station aporximate 15-20 minutes this is an exercise for a walking distance.

We are look forward to welcome you back to Citrus 22 Bangkok in near future.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

The hotel staff told me that the hotel was actually an old building and the owner just converted it into a boutique hotel last year. Indeed, they did quite a good job in terms of renovation and decoration. The room is modern (with a big flat TV and comfy bed) and the bath facilities are also great - with a big bathtub and rainshower. The room as many reviewers commented is bit small but it is still acceptable. (But for that price, you can't expect a room size like peninsula).

For the breakfast, there were not many choices but were still okay. The staff in general were helpful and nice. But I found that the room is with a design flaw. They used only frosted glass to separate the toilet and the bedroom and the light from the toilet window could just easily passes through the glass that makes the room too bright in the early morning. And because of that, I did woke up much too early than I wanted.

In general, this is a decent boutique hotel. But if you want something like a grand lobby, big restaurant, spa or gym facilities, this is not the one for you.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were a party of 7 inclusive of 4 adults, two teenagers & a nine year old and everyone rated the hotel very highly . My husband & I stayed at I Style for 19 nights in total and would definitely return there. The others in party syayed 5 nights. Rooms were great, tidy, well presented, the bed was fabulous and very reasonable room rate including breakfast. Rooms are compact but large enough for what you need in a hotel room. Staff were fabulous, helpful, great customer service etc. I Style is in a great location, short walk to BTS station, loads of fab restaurants & bars in the same soi & on Sukhumvit. Brekky was good and I say that after eating it 19 times!
Great travel agent Phimnara Travel in the soi also at the bottom of GM Heights (couple doors down from hotel) who arranged accomodation & transfers when we travelled to various islands. Highly recommend her (Fon) also.
Check this place out

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I loved this hotel.
I work for a high end boutique hotel and can say that this hotel had many of the same amenities and features found at luxury hotels.

I searched for a long time on Trip Advisor and choose this because it had a great bathroom (with a tub) and was new and a great location.

As I live in Thailand this will be my hotel of choice for Bangkok! There is no reason to continue researching hotels, this is it.

I used to live in Bangkok so I knew exactly where I wanted to stay and this location is great. It is not to far from the main street and easy access to taxis, motor taxis (quickest way to get around), the sky train and even the NEW underground train the MRT.

I arrived at the hotel and was received with a welcome drink and very friendly staff starting with the doorman/bellboy

I was taken to my room and was very happy. It was modern without being sterile. It was very clean. I loved the design and decor. Warm yet contemporary and modern. The room is exactly how it looks in the photos if not better. They do not have enough photos on their website so I have added some to my review.

The bathroom had perfectly clean grout and tile, shinny chrome fixtures with no water spots a big bathtub and even a fresh flower.

The closet area had a safe large enough for my laptop, bathrobe and slippers. All things you would find in a higher end hotel.

The bed was so comfortable and the pillows too with good quality sheets.
Internet was fast and easy to get the signal. There was even a turn-down service at night complete with chocolate kisses.

I did not go to the pool as I was not there for a holiday and did not eat at the restaurant.

Being a woman traveling alone I also felt safe there appreciated the security elevator, secuirty guard out side someone to greet me when arriving.

The area surrounding the hotel is quite safe too, there are a few girl bars but better then being on an empty street that is dark after 8pm. Also there is a famous vegetarian Italian restaurant just a few doors down. Pharmacy, convenience store.. etc

One of the best things about the street it is on is it goes all the way to the next main road, providing easy access to get around without always having to up and down Sukumvit.

I am so pleased to have found this hotel and know where I will stay every time I come to Bangkok!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Location: It's in sukhumvit Soi 22, 10 minute walking to BTS Asok & MRT sukhumvit, with easy access to the main shopping center such as (MBK, Siam Center & Siam Paragon).
The hotel is surrounded by many street food stall, bars & good restaurant.
Staff: They are very professional & helpful, special regards to ground floor, reception, restaurant & house keeping staff.
Rooms: Nice, trend & clean with 40 inch TV (i think this is the only hotel which offer 40 inch TV) nice bathroom with rain shower & full amenities.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!