“A Frequent Stayer for good reason” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok

You added Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 4 Sukhumvit Soi 22 Kwang Klongtoey | Khet Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand (Formerly I Style Trend Hotel)   |
Ranked #286 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
thailand
“A Frequent Stayer for good reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I lived in Bangkok for well over a decade full time up to 2010 and know the city very well. There is an abumdance of accommodation options out there as you know so almost spoilt for choice. I've stayed in them all from the high end hotels and resorts in Bangkok such as the Banyan Tree and the Dusithani and other 3-4 Star, Landmark, Amari chain, Regents Park, Sukothai, Meridian, Marriott, truly you name it.

As a guy who returns regularly now to Bangkok for business throughout the year (as well as superb dental work at the BIDC - little tip for you), I stay at the Citrus 22almost every time these days. MOstly for my entire Bangkok stay however if not then certainly a number of days.

I stay here Cit22 as it is ALWAYS friendly on reception. Even with new staff with whom I am not familiar so nothing to do with any favouritism etc. Truly, from the moment that you get out of your taxi everything is taken care of for you. To be honest as we all know this is really to be expected in any half decent hotel, often we are disappointed ... however, here it actually works and every time. I use online booking sites like Expedia usually to book and from time to time have different room requests like a strong wi-fi connection for the room etc - all comments on booking are always noted and mentioned at the time of checking in which is a nice touch. To my experience to date everything has always worked. I must have stayed at the Citrus well over a dozen times for all periods over 3+ days upto two weeks at a time.

I cannot fault the staff from the doorman/security front desk to the front desk staff. The cleaners are indeed very thorough and amenable to requests for different time of the day cleaning. They clean and replenish everything exceptionally well.

The rooms - for the price if you can complain about any of their rooms you're simply mental in the brain. For less than you'd pay for a travel lodge in the UK you get a wonderfully large soft bed, large screen flat TV, working bureau with ample amount of charging ports INCLUDING UK plug sockets, USB TV inputs, as we as the local sockets of course. Between the bathroom and the bedroom is almost a changing area that is very spacious and includes loads of handy things from good sized draws and hanging space, large mirror both in height and width )i'm not vain!:), umbrellas to slippers, and minibar to decent safe. The bathrooms themselves are superb! Large in size, large deep bath with hand grasp power shower inside, sliding windows to make one room through to the bedroom, one stand up shower wet room style with two types of showers being Power and waterfall or rain what ever they're referred to these days. The hotels has been around for several years but mostly you'd believe it was less than a year old - it's marvellously maintained. It's all pretty much new and all works very well. In fact from everything I have always had there appears like an Apple product - it simply works.

Security is good as cards are required for outsiders to come in. This is not an issue for those with friend however it's a good security measure to have in place. Cameras all over ... we're not doing any wrong so hey this is all good.

The swimming pool on the roof is far from a lap pool however fortunate to be a very pleasant sun trap for quite some period in the day. Fresh large cosy towels are on hand and a simply phone call downstairs can have you drinks and food delivered. The pool is always very clean and it's a pleasant place to hang out if wishing to relax, top up the tan or simply read etc .. it's nice.

The location on Sukumvit Soi 22 is convenient for most things really. If you're lazy like I then it's extremely easy to gain a cab in seconds outside the hotel if traveling some were door-to-door ... likewise for convenience the Citrus is virtually on the doorstep of both the BTS (Skytrain) and also a short walk or very short cab ride to the underground which is also extremely efficient. (and may I add truly easy to use it. Don't be afraid to try both the BTS and Underground Metro once and you'll use it often guaranteed. Having spoken about getting out and about there is loads going on in Soi 22 and the immediate walking areas to keep many amused and occupied from great restaurants, shopping, bars and services.

Of course, we're human beings as like the staff at Citrus. Things can go wrong from time to time. However if any time I have ever hand an issue i.e. wifi signal not strong or (my fault) embarrassingly locking my key inside my room - everything has been sorted beautifully with no fuss.

My ONLY criticism of this hotel which is in my opinion one of the best located, value for money hotels (in the price range) in Bangkok is the breakfast can be a little poor. I see others tucking into it heartedly and going back for more so this truly is simply my taste. I've had better breakfasts in many hotels personally (not to say that the chefs are bad). However, for me personally there is a perfect breakfast joint 5 meters next door so breakfast doesn't really factor in for me.

Overall I'd like to give the Citrus a 5 out of 5 purely because having stayed there so many times (and as mentioned not always knowing the staff) the service is exemplary and it ticks ALL of my boxes for requirements of comfort to location, price and good amenities.

Try it once and you definitely use it as a base in Bangkok again if you visit looking at hotels around this budget. Fantastic ... Keep it up!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just book. If you wish to change they'll accommodate you (if they can). Only real tip s the most...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HM_Citrus22, Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for take your valuable time in providing us your feedback. We appreciated to see this. on behalf of the management, we wish express our grateful and looking to have another occasion to welcome you back again.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Room is very clean and front desk service is very nice too. They makes me a lot of satisfication around my trip. Room charge is reasonable and getting good sleep quality, everything was excellent. Location: Hotel is situated between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS, about 10mins walk away. Massage palours and bars are just at the doorstep of hotel. There were a lot of pub for you to enjoying to meet somebody, l love it very much, cheer...
I will definitely be staying with the Citrus again while I go back to Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I loved the room that we booked (Superior Room with King bed). Great sleep quality, everything was very clean. The bathroom was also very spacious, with a lovely shower area and bathtub. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. They also have a big flat screen TV in the room. If you have movies in a USB, they have a port that can connect the USB to the TV.

The room lived up to my expectations. I was very happy with it.

Some cons:

1. If you plan to take the BTS, be prepared to walk. It's a little far (estimate around a kilometer or so to the nearest station).

2. Toiletries provided by the hotel were a little diluted, so you might want to bring your own.

3. English channels from the cable provider were limited.

Overall, this was a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a 3d2n stay in Citrus. We caught a meter taxi from the airport which cost about 350baht including highway toll fee which is payable by passenger. The room is of good size (sadly without any view out of the window), comes with a walk-in wardrobe. Bed and pillow are soft and comfortable. Bathroom is spacious, with separate bath and shower. Rooftop pool is nice, breakfast was just ok.

Location:
Hotel is situated between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS, about 10mins walk away. Massage palours and bars are just at the doorstep of hotel. We stayed on the 3rd floor and could hear slight music from the bars downstair. We tried Lek massage and were quite pleased with it. An hour massage at 250baht. A minimart is also located just a short walk away. Be sure to have the hotel's address along if u plan to take a taxi or tuk tuk.

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Location - far from Siam area but walking distance to T21.
Room - Shower head came off the moment I touch it, and Do Not Disturb sign is faulty, informed reception to fix but its not done.
Location - Nearing Pub area, on Sat night, its very noisy and disturbing.(As we stayed on the 3rd floor )
Services - During check In, informed staff that my name is wrong, during check out, my name is still wrong, informed already also never change.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for choosing stay Citrus Hotel and give us a few moments to write us feedback. Please accept our apology for not be able to accommodate a wonderful stay. We would investigate what went wrong about your stay. No excuse on the feedback, appropriate action would be taken. We strive to provide a positive customer experience and most of them felt, but result of your stay, we reiterate sorry. We wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.
best regards,
Navin K.N
Helsingborg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Spending five days at Citrus 22, and so far it has been great. A family of five (me, my wife and three daughters aged 1.5, 11 and 13) We booked two deluxe rooms,
the rooms are quite spacious and feels safe for a toddler, though do be aware of the power outlets located under the desk (we blocked access with a piece of luggage). The rooms feel fresh and well maintained. The staff are very friendly and polite despite difficult bookings, we had three different bookings for our stay as we extended our stay booked with the travel agency but had to book through two different agencies to get the rooms and dates needed. No problem with the hotel though, they asked us upon arrival how we wanted it and arranged it for us. Location is great, close to BTS and MRT, and many places to shop. Last night we had planned a night out for me and the wife, and so we needed a baby sitter, the hotel provides this service at a very reasonable rate, but as we had a friend already knowing the kids, we asked if she could lookafter them and that was no problem as long as we stopped by the reception first. Ordering KFC delivery for the kids, smooth as silk, just pay and pick up in the lobby. The pool is clean and well maintained, located at the rooftop. Kids loved it!

All in all, everything has been great so far, nothing but good experience. A great place to stay with kids.

• Stayed June 2013
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The area is not very nice, Soi 22 is a touristy street filled with semi-seedy massage shops and brothels.
However, we had a nice stay here, the rooms are modern and stylish and they have a small rooftop pool for cooling down after days in the sweltering Bangkok heat. They also allowed us a complimentary early check-in as our flight landed early in the morning.

The rooms had only some small windows all covered with blinds, as they faced out in a backyard so there was really no view. Also the downstair staff was a little off-putting, they suggested us some expensive fixed-price taxis which we of course refused and pushed for tips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for take your valuable time in providing us your feedback. Our hotel located on the heart of business and entertainment area with a few step reach to them, many customers enjoy location but your stay seem a little discomfit please accept our apologies, another constructive feedback about staff, we value your feedback and would investigate the case. on behalf of the management, we wish express our grateful and looking to have another occasion to welcome you back again.
Hotel Manager

Been to Citrus Sukhumvit 22 Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!