“Mixed Stay- Staff helpful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BS Residence Suvarnabhumi

Save Saved
You added BS Residence Suvarnabhumi to your Saves list
BS Residence Suvarnabhumi
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   836/2 Ladkrabang Rd., Ladkrabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #177 of 502 Specialty lodging in Bangkok
Kildare, Ireland
“Mixed Stay- Staff helpful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here twice last summer. The first stay was for three nights. The pickup worked well, and the room was okay in size, but very grungy. The beds were okay. The bathroom was basic, but the complimentary water was welcome. However, the noise from the nearby bar was horrendous. Could not sleep- terrible techno, and a band that sounded like a cat being strangled until almost five in the morning. The food at the breakfast was good, and the pool was a real bonus. This is definitely a transit hotel. It is awkward to get in and out of Bangkok City- an hour away. The noise at night was just too much to be considered reasonable.

At the end of my holiday I visited this hotel again as it was cheap and near the airport. This time I was upgraded and given a room in the new block. It was lovely and quiet, with a luxurious bathroom, a huge bed, lovely balcony and flatscreen tv. Perfect for chilling in before a long flight. Talk about night and day. The newer rooms are definitely the ones to stay in, as they are much more soundproof and the nearby bars were only a faint noise in the background.

There are lots of little markets and foodstalls near the hotel, and this can be handy for food etc.

I will stay there this summer while in transit, but only for one night, and I will definitely pay for the upgrade to a better and quieter room.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade and stay in the new buildings. You will not regret it when you get good a/c, a c...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was a good transit hotel for us, and let's face it, that is exactly what this hotel is. I'll try to structure this revew to help fellow travelers get a better feel for the diferent aspects of this property;

Good:
The room was spotless and very comfortable. We booked the Deluxe with a pool view. Had a nice balcony overlooking the pool and could watch the planes flying in. Large very comfortable bed, good a/c and a fridge with beers and soft drinks already in it.

The pool is very nice! Refreshing and surrounded by beautiful vegetation. Spent some nice days down there drinking beers and talking with travelers from all over the world.

The breakfast is good with 3-4 choices on the buffet. Be warned that it is heavily asian themed, which I rather enjoyed, but I heard some guests complaining. If you have it as part of your room package, for goodness sakes get the coupons when you check in. We did not receive ours and the bitter man collecting them when you get there almost had a coronary.

The airport transfer was great. I found the man with the BS Residence sign and he immediately got a luggage cart gathered up our bags and escorted us to the van.

I enjoyed the location as there are a couple of street markets immediately next to the property, a small grocery store and some bars within 2 minutes. It gives you a chance to see the local side of a destination, which I always enjoy. We ate several meals in the markets, which was an experience.

Challenges
Check in/front desk staff. . Just wow. Gather up your passport and printed hotel confirmation in the van ride from the airport if you want to avoid WWIII. We arrived at 1am after 17hrs of flight time from the States and were not ready for the check in nazis. I do not think rude does it justice. The two ladies who work behind the desk could care less about customer service. Their english is not good and this did not help with matters. You have to sign a paper stating the exact day and time you are checking out. We had some changes in our schedule and did not know for certain. This caused a huge problem. I ended up needing an extra night and she nearly tripled my rate. We were there for 3 days and during that time my wife would not go to the office for any type of assistance as she did not want to deal with them.

Location. As mentioned above, I was ok with it. The neighborhood is not the best and there are not many dining options. Most reviewers have mentioned the loud bar across the way. They are correct. If you are in the main building, you are going to hear it. From our room poolside, it was not a problem with the a/c running.
If you want to use the train into town, you will need a cab to the station, and will pay double to get them to bring you back to the property. Stil, it is only $2.00

Now that I have learned the ropes, I would absolutely stay there again. They are a tremendous bargain for what you receive and fit the bill nicely for a transit hotel. You just have to know how what to expect and to handle the situation.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We just wanted a cheap place to stay for one night because our flight the next morning left so early. We found this place on Hotels.com. The price was great, included WiFi and it had a pool. The staff from the hotel at the airport were friendly and helpful. The mini van driver was also very friendly and helpful. That all changed when we got to the hotel. The 2 woman behind the desk were amazingly wonderful at being rude and nasty! We walked in and were not greeted but rather barked at "Passport". One of us had not received at confirmation email and tried to explain this to them. They basicly wavied him aside and told him they couldn't help him. I was barked at next. I did have an email confirmation but they didn't have a record of it. Which seemed to make them more unhappy. Lots of under the breath side talking. My friend was made to pay for WiFi so he could check for his email for his booking. Our room included Wifi, we didn't understand why we had to pay when it was included. But it finally got sorted. Whenever we asked any questions it was meet with totally disdain from the 2 woman behind the desk. Our rooms where clean and basic. The pool was nice. But we didn't have WiFi in either room. When we went down to ask about this and we were treated like 5 yr olds and barked at again. We never had WiFi in the room. We had to go outside by the pool , lobby, or sit outside our door in the walkway to get a signal. Our flight plans had changed so when we were asked at check in what time we wanted to leave I said we didn't know and it was confirmed that check out time was Noon. Surprise that at 6AM I get a call from the front desk saying I needed to leave now. I didn't know what the lady was talking about. I went down stairs and asked what was going on. I was then told that I had requested a 6 am departure. I said no I didn't and then the lady (a different one from the night before) showed me were the ladies the night before had wrote down that we wanted to leave at 6! I said that was a mistake. I was then asked repeatedly when I was going to leave. I then asked about the WiFi not working in the room, she just said "Yeah it no work in your room" and walked away. It wasn't just us. We spoke with a couple of other guest who all agreed that the front desk staff where in the wrong careers. It's amazing when 3 employees non existence customer service skills can ruin a simple one night stay at an over all OK hotel.

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms had mosquitoes in them, as reported by other guest. Our rooms on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked this hotel due to proximity to airport as international flight the following day. The room was good, mini bar good value for money. The prob was there is a nearby club / bar playing really loud music all night till about 5am so very little sleep - not what you need prior to a long haul flight. The breakfast was poor - cold everything. The swimming pool is amazing. Lift is unreliable and got stuck on 1st floor temporarily on departure. On plus side they are prompt with checking you in and air port transfer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gosport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed 1 night, 27 March 2013.
Arrived by taxi.
Check-in was quick.
No lift. Room was on 3rd floor. Luggage carried up for us.
Room was a bit MFI, but big enough, well equipped, small balcony which looked across to incoming flights. Good bathroom.
Swimming Pool was excellent, 20 yards long, clean water, good quality sunbeds/towels, and the pool area was in a big quadrangle surrounded by lots of trees and greenery with accommodation blocks/restaurant set a bit further back.
We had the pool to ourselves for almost 2 hours.
Never used the restaurant.
Within walking distance there are markets with food stalls/seating, Tesco Lotus, and a 7-Eleven. There are also a few Beer Gardens!
Went to bed early as our transport was at 0600. Comfy bed.
It all went wrong at about 2200. All of a sudden the music from the nearby Beer Gardens flashed up. It was head-banging super-loud bass techno stuff. Absolutely dreadful, and even ear plugs didn't have much effect. We ended up putting the telly on to help drown out the noise.
The music went on unabated until 0230.
We vacated the room at 0545.
Our transport left for the short drive to the airport.
We were very impressed with the hotel and the transfer.
But the noise between 2200-0230 completely spoiled the experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The location is great near to the airport. Good for one night layover. The rooms are ok. Simple. No safe. The service was terrible and with attitudes. No Internet signal in our room so we need to go outside. We had morning woke up call at 6am but we never ordered. The rude lady from the afternoon shift ordered for us.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived at the airport at around 1.30 am and after clearing customs and immigration went to the meeting point for transport to the hotel provided in the room rate. We found a smiling young lady representing the hotel who advised us the lift would arrive in a few minutes. It did. The trip from the airport to the hotel took only a few minutes and it would have been faster if the van was capable of greater speeds.
Even with a large number of people at the check in desk at the hotel we were processed exceptionally quickly and escorted to our room.
The room was clean, spacious and adequately provisioned although there was no soap at the hand basin just a liquid soap dispenser at the shower. There was no bath tub. As there was a step down into the shower it meant that there was no water over the remainder of the bathroom floor.
2 free bottles of water were provided and 330 ml cans of beer were in the mini fridge retailing at a price of 60 Baht per can. Quite reasonable.
Our room had 2 bathrobes as well as adequate provisions in the bathroom. However there was no chair for the desk.
The breakfast included in the rate was reasonable with a limited choice of items but no one should go hungry.
Our room overlooked the swimming pool and was quiet given its nearness to the airport. The hotel is close to a shopping centre, some bars and a newly constructed large market.
Given the rate charged, the efficient free transfer to and from the airport and its short distance from the airport the hotel represents excellent value for a short stop over.

Room Tip: Book in advance with hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BS Residence Suvarnabhumi? Share your experiences!