“Not what is advertised” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BS Residence Suvarnabhumi

You added BS Residence Suvarnabhumi to your Saves list
BS Residence Suvarnabhumi
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   836/2 Ladkrabang Rd., Ladkrabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #215 of 563 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA
“Not what is advertised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel advertises a variety of items that at not provided. To begin with, the front desk staff were terribly unfriendly and not helpful. There is only one place to eat and it is far away in terms of walking, not to mention a bit sketchy at night. There was a glass table with fish in the lobby but the fish had barely any water and were dying... Right in display! There was no evident pool, the rooms were very humid and the front desk staff gave me attitude about helping to fix my broken air conditioner. This hotel also has an obvious alternate agenda. Condoms and late night activities were clearly on display. It was conveniently located near the airport and the shuttle was on time... But that's about it.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Arlington, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Nothing was as the website made it seem! Horrible horrible! Didn't even have AC working or shower, there was just a hose in the corner of the cement bathroom. Overall didnt seem like a safe place to stay. One mile from airport that was the only good point. However we still moved hotels I would rather miss my flight then stay one night in that motel

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

As an overnight/layover stop, it's convenient, and the room itself was very modern and clean for such a low rate. However, we had an incident with an incredibly rude staff member. While tipping is not generally expected in Thailand, we always tip 5-10% depending on the level of service, and tips are always graciously received (sometimes even with a great deal of surprise).

When we arrived, we checked in, after which the driver of the minibus that brought us from the airport (and he drove like a bat of out hell) grabbed our 2 huge backpacks and started marching towards our room. I tried to tell him that we would take the bags ourselves as I knew I had no very little cash to offer as a tip, but he seemed to not understand me.

When we got to the room, I offered him all the cash I had (it was about 18 baht). He gave me this incredulous look, stared at me for a bit, then sneered and stormed out, slamming the door behind him. My wife and I had our jaws on the floor when the door opened again, and he came back in, threw the coins on the desk and said in very good English "Here, you keep it" (so clearly he understood me earlier when I wanted to take the bags myself).

It was the most unpleasant service experience of our 7 week trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Where to start? The shuttle didn't pick me up as arranged. The price I booked with online wasn't honoured - my dismay was greeted with rude, almost threatening responses. I had to fight to have the breakfast I had paid extra for honoured, though I shouldn't have bothered as it was awful. The restaurant doesn't exist. The 'in-room wi-fi' was actually at extortionate cost. And when I finally left, having been specifically told the shuttle ran every half hour, I was told there was no shuttle as I hadn't booked it!
Extremely rude, dishonest staff.

Rishikesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Very near to Airport. Hotel has a complimentary and a very efficient picl and drop facility to and from airport. A metro train station connecting to city is just 1.8 km away. Taxi and motorcycle taxi easily avaialable. Just outside the hotel is a footpath market, just to pass off extra time and offers clothes, electronics, footwear and Thai food. Also in the vicinity are 7-11 store and Tesco which are open 24 hours. A mall 'Paseo' is also nearby. Hotel is ideal if the flight is in wee hours and one wants to stay near the airport.

Room Tip: All rooms are pool facing. However rooms on the upper floors offer better overall view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The best thing about this hotel was its close proximity to the airport and the free airport pick-up and drop-off.We were kept awake all night by a karaoke singer wailing away untiol 4am. The room was OK although the pillows were a bit lumpy. It was clean enough and the pool looked pretty good but we weren't there long enough to enjoy it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is less than 10 min from airport so used it for our one night stay coming back fr Cambodia before catching a flight to US. This is what this hotel caters to. Their shuttle picks you up and takes you to airport leaving every 30 minutes. Their pick up site is just after you turn right out of baggage claim send kiosk on the right. They don't never answered my 20 emails although they did get them bc had a sign at pick up with my name. They have a nice pool too but otherwise the neighbor hood doesn't have anything except a loud disco next door which does keep you up unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to BS Residence Suvarnabhumi? Share your experiences!