“Consistently excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of On8 Sukhumvit

You added On8 Sukhumvit to your Saves list
On8 Sukhumvit
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nana Skytrain Station, 162 Sukhumvit Road, at Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #125 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

For me I think this hotel has to represent the best value in the area. Reasonably priced but comfortable rooms and first class service, nothing is to much trouble for Jimmy and his team (Pong, Pui etc.) . I've stayed here on a number of occasions and it's consistently excellent.

There was one minor quibble with some noise from nearby bars late at night in a couple of the rooms however staff were quick to offer alternate rooms if it was a consistent problem. For the location these minor issues are to be expected though.

Room Tip: I have had minor outside noise (music) issues in rooms ending 03, not a huge problem but maybe avoid...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Prakit K, Hotel Manager at On8 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Jame Y,
Thank you for your stay with us at ON8 and we are glad that you enjoyed the stay with us. We will sharing your comment to our key person and we hope that you can visit us again in the future .If there is anything that we can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at manager@on8bangkok.com
Prakit Kaewjinda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is really fresh and must be the 1st hotel I have been in that looks better than the photos on website.. It was fantastic to be able to walk out of the hussle and bussle of Bangkok streets and into a world you forget you’re in Bangkok

The front desk staff are exceptionally friendly esp. "Pong" who would have to be the nicest, friendliest person we met in our 16 days in Thailand..

Great location close to aquarium, wax museum, Siam discovery centre (overpriced tourist shopping centre) soi cowboy, soi nana entertainment, markets pop up all along suk road during the day and night.

We had an issue with the wifi for some reason, they had lan cables available and ports in room but couldn’t get to work either, I’m not sure what it was, but for some reason if my Laptop was not plugged into the power point the wireless network would display they yellow icon and say no internet available, plug power in and would work again.. Not to bigger issue once figured that out, never happened anywhere else... they also have laptops can use in foyer as well if you should need.. The internet was a good speed.

We stayed in the cheaper room, my god it was the nicest hotel we stayed in Thailand.
although no window, but who would want to let in the pollution from out side anyway?

The breakfast was ok. A range of sweet breads, breads, spreads, Juice and could order eggs 3 ways, sausages, bacon, tomato, hash brown (diced potato) I have had better breakfasts elsewhere but this was sufficient and a good filler to start the day. Although it wasn’t great, just ok.. There was nothing wrong with it..
WE ate in the restaurant one night with the 20% voucher they gave us at check-in, it was ok, but there better choices in surrounding hotels/restaurants, this did not affect my stay as I rarely eat the same place 2wice on holidays anyway

They had a tailor in house, it seemed always busy, although we never used it.

DOWNSIDES (only 2 we found)
-there are no smoking rooms or balcony to sit on- My partner smokes and got annoyed having to go down stairs next to reception for a ciggie, But in saying that she totally understood why as the hotel is so new and fresh and would be a shame to destroy such a lovely ambience with smoke...
-the lighting in bathroom is very dim, it is a flattering light to look at in mirror , But not a good like for ladies putting on makeup, Could be fixed with a fluro light above mirror...

Overall as a hotel jumper staying her few nights then there few nights and this was the only hotel stayed at in Bangkok city, I would stay no where else when I return..

GETTING THERE
It is right next to nana BTS station. But if traveling from airport, I would just catch a taxi, Tell them you need to go to soi 8 which is at nana BTS (it is on the opposite side of road from the flow of traffic from airport and a fair way up to do u turn, But don’t get out on wrong side or have to lug luggage across overpass stairs (same with catching BTS) Taxi cost us about 300baht including airport surcharge, plus there is 2 toll payments u need to pay, which are from new airport to Sukhumvit exit - 25 baht and 40 baht. have ready either give to driver when get in and say for Tolls or have ready when approaching tolls. Also make sure they use meter, If not say meter meter when get in... On the way back it was alot cheaper maybe because was Sunday and 5am meter was 180baht + the same tolls (no airport surcharge going there)
Over all for the convenience of a taxi it only cost under AUD$15 ($9 fare, toll $1.20+75c) for around an hour drive. Beware if u do catch the BTS railway you have to change train 3 times and walk quite a bit as well as these trains can be like sardines in a can...

Overall the hotel rooms, ambiance and staff are fantastic, the cafe/restaurant is clean, bug free with average food,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Wakopatto,
Team is always happy to hear from guest about their stay with us; we were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us also comments about our hotel services, location and facilities. Your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to our team. On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to reach me at manager@on8bangkok.com
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This small hotel is in the shopping hub of Bangkok, just a couple of stops frm Siam Square at the BTS Nana Station. Very modern, new, tastefully designed. You need to ask about a room with window, some don't have any. The rooms I experienced were well shielded from the street noise. There is a night market right outside. This hotel is safe for female travelers. The key card is required to operate the elevator, there are room safes, free wifi, there are options to include breakfast.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Uschi ,
On8 and the Team thank you for your stay with us, also your kindness to have your feedback.
We will share your comments with our associates who are the key to our guest's satisfaction.
As for your comments the windows are frosted double glazed and this a fact established since our opening taking into consideration it was designed from one the best interior designers who has opted for frosted glass as the view outside isn’t inviting. On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to reach me at manager@on8bangkok.com
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

have stayed in On8 almost a year ago, but i need to thank all the staff during my stay.
I was planning to propose to my gf, the proposal was great and successful. thanks for the help for booking and limo and recommendations for flower shop! (remember me? I stayed in last April)

For the stay, location is wonderful. bathroom is big enough and super clean, which is I concern most.
I arrived BKK by train from Chiangmai very early, like 8, I was super really very happy that they offered me a room at 9 something, I know it is not a must (so do YOU), just wanna say thank. I had a wonder bathe and sleep that morning.

What to improve? may be the breakfast, not the best, but it is already very good!

Definitely will stay again!

Room Tip: I just stayed in one room, so no comment ...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kcgotravel,
Thank you for your stay with us again at ON8 and we are glad that you liked our location and our service.
We hope that you can visit us again in the future and if there is anything that we can help you with on your next stay please feel free to reach me at manager@on8bangkok.com
Prakit Kaewjinda
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights. Location is great (BTS literally at your doorstep), rooms were clean and service was great. As mentioned, some rooms don't have a window/natural light but we weren't bothered by this at all. Breakfast was nice - I preferred to have a choice of a hot breakfast that was cooked to order instead of a Buffett. There are also lots of restaurants/bars around.
The staff had no problems with us leaving our bags there after checkout until our flight later that evening. They even weighed them for us and printed out our boarding passes! The in room Internet is also good - my partner had a job interview over Skype with Australia and he said the connection was fine (and he got the job ;)
We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
Prakit K, Hotel Manager at On8 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Jtann,
May we congratulate your friend getting a new job, We at On8 the Team appreciate and proud to be one part of your memorable with grateful thank you for taking your time to post your comment on Trip Advisor. On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to reach me at manager@on8bangkok.com
Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The location is great, the hotel is clean and well maintained, the service is very good and with a smile. There is free wi-fi and land line, the rooms are of decent size, have safety deposit box and fridge. Beware, all rooms are windowless. If you are claustrophobic better go elsewhere. My only serious gripe is the horrible Muzak at breakfast. If you are lucky you get a terrible Muzak version of the "Sounds of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel. If you are unlucky you get Georghe Zamfir's Muzak version of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina". Absolutely stomach turning. Have your breakfast sent to the room. Talking about breakfast, there is always strawberry jam in a bowl and some orange jam packets mixed with the butter packets. Same every day. How about some honey, how about some other jams - Thailand produces an incredible variety of fruit! And a plate of cheese, a plate of ham or salami, or whatever, would not go amiss. Mind you with Georghe Zamfir's Muzak in the background you think you can keep anything down?

Room Tip: There are different room configurations, some have the bed facing the toilet and if it bothers you t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pandos,
Thank you very much for taking your time to post your comment on Trip Advisor, your reviews has been noted and will be addressed immediately with all concern and we will continue in our improvement efforts to provide excellent service and products to our guests.
Especially on the music background and our variety of food choice.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was pleased with the hotel -- this was my first stay in Bangkok. I stayed in a Premier (Saffron) room.

The room was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included: eggs, rice, coffee, sweet rolls, fruit, juice, cereal -- plenty of options.

Very convenient to the Nana BTS, and there is a 7-11 just down the Soi. I felt safe in the neighborhood.

As other commenters have noted, my room had white frosted glass for the window. But it let in plenty of light, so I didn't mind that.

Room also included a small fridge and safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BL,
Our On8 Team are always happy to hear from guest of their happy stay, it gives me and my team great pleasure to read your overall positive detail review and kind words as this will be helpful for our future guests. On your next visit with us please let me know if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to reach me at manager@on8bangkok.com, we do look forward to welcoming you back.
Prakit Kaewjinda (Jimmy)

Been to On8 Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!