“Beds bug and angry management!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baan Hualampong Guest House

Baan Hualampong Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Baan Hualampong Guest House
You added Baan Hualampong Guest House to your Saves list
336/20 soi Chalong KrungRama4Rd, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Ranked #330 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Beds bug and angry management!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Well Well How to start that experience went totally WRONG!!!! , At first, I really like the hold style fashion family house of that hostel, plus its really close to the train and subway station.

The first night was actually ok (hard bed but for the price you do not expect great...) so I decided to stick around for a couple of days and pay for the the total of 5 days! Then the next day I noticed there is some trace of blood on my sheets and have some bite on my foot!!! oh no BEDS BUGS!!! , I mention the problem to the manager; then he tell me he will take care of it. Since I decided to go out of bangkok for 2 days and already paid more days I ask him to change room when I will be back in 2 days, he say no problem! Come back 2 days after, the usual manager not there and its another girl who give me the same room. I asked if they cleaned it up from the insect with product and change the mattress, She said yes to me, I look a little bit ask for another room but she say its fully booked and cannot get refund since I had special price for these days!

That was a stupid decision but I took the night there anyway. Then that night WAS HORRIBLE, I got bitten all over my Body, at least 80 bites!!! and probably bed bug enter in my BAG, since I had HUGE problem afterward with that. I decided to leave the hostel in the middle of the night, at least the manager at that time refunded the rest of the amount of money after seeing that I could not even sleep there.

Then I had to pay for the same night into another hostel, but the bed bugs problem would follow with me!!!! Carefull since when bed bug lay their egg into your clothes its VERY VERY DIFFICULT to get rid of it! At to pay 3 time the amount of money to clean up my clothes and stuff! Since my hostel was to proximity by the and my room could be seen from the street, I saw somebody else was staying in the same room!!!

Trying to be nice with the manager since they got a problem with bed bugs!!! then I enter and ask him if he had find a solution to the problem since there was somebody else there in the same room. Then I had the most RUDE response that I should wonder about my own problem and not come here, he that he could not treat is hostel for BED Bugs, he then started to Yell at me!!! I said to him he should calm down and that is tone was unacceptable considering what happen! He then took is Chair and assaulted me with the Chair! I must say I was surprise!!!! he stand up and took is chair I tried to hit me with IT!!! I must say I traveled for a long time and this is the first time I saw something so intense coming so fast from a hostel manager!!! I left after since I'm not into violence, but this is certainly the most unacceptable behavior I have ever seen of an hostel. You can be sure that the rent the room to somebody else without cleaning the the room of the Beds Bug!!!

SO NO Primarly BECAUSE OF the BED BUGS
AND SECONDLY BECAUSE the MANAGEMENT DON'T CARE about the problem
AND THIRDLY BECAUSE OF THE RUDENESS AND AGRESSIVITY OF THE MANAGER!!!

Room Tip: Room without bed bugs, if its any possible!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

When I arrived the place looked quite nice and clean. The bathrooms were also cleaner than some places, but there were definitely bed bugs! I thought I saw one, and then there was a sign saying to not push the bed against the wall. I stayed there one night anyway. Big mistake, i saw the bugs again and began to itch, with the tell tale bites. The bites appear in a row and often on feet, hands, back and neck. Even though the place was quite nice, don't risk it! Bed bugs are very hard to be rid of, so its doubtful that this hostel is rid of them and its hard for you to be rid of them once they get on your luggage.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We only stayed one night in this hotel, but it was really easy, clean, and affordable. It is in a great location and the hostess of the hotel is really helpful and friendly. I had lovely night there and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Baan Hua Lampong is recommended if you really need to catch an early train in Hua Lampong Railway station (Leyl-wey Is-tey-sho). Breakfast not included though but 290Baht/night (fan only) is very economical for a solo backpacker already. Tommy Wu speaks good English so you can maybe ask for directions but do a thorough research first before going to BKK, that’s why I need not to ask. Family Mart, food stalls and MRT are just really few meters away. The guesthouse is not fancy but very cozy and safe.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Well, this is a cheap guesthouse in Bangkok, not the cheapest but there were quite a few advantages according to me. Most important is the location, near the main train station, a few meters from the subway, a few blocks to chinatown, for me it's a great place if you want to move around in bangkok.
Now for the not so great part, the building is old and in needs of repairs, the beds are hard (as in plank hard) and there are a few insects and consorts depending on the season.
I have been there several times and each time the staff has been friendly and helpful, granted they are laid-back but do you really want speedy stressed staff ?
All said there's a relax atmosphere, a small but enjoyable top terrace and as the street isn't crowded with guesthouses it's not the usual "backpacker circus".
One last thing, if you are curious and take the time you will meet and enjoy the locals and their celebrations, I even had a nice film projection in the street all in thai with thais in this small neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Colombo, Sri Lanka
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

they never had change money, the receptionist was very unfriendly, the place seems unattended and rusty

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011 via mobile

Nice little place, helpful staff, but bed bugs and roaches are kind of a deal breaker.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Baan Hualampong Guest House? Share your experiences!