“bangkok night tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 459 Activities in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover a different side of Bangkok! Grasshopper Adventures offers a wide range of cycling tours in Bangkok and the surrounding areas. Half day morning tour to historic Bangkok, a night tour to the famous temples of central Bangkok, a ride to the hidden countryside on the edge of Bangkok, canal boat & bike rides, rides with dinner and rides that take you right out of the city to the coast and floating markets.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Louisville, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
“bangkok night tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I took the night bike tour in bangkok with Tick. What a great way to see the city! The temples were beautifully lit and our guide was engaging and so open about thai culture. He had a way of encouraging conversation that made us ask all kind of different questions that we would not have even thought about otherwise. Tick was also always looking out for our safety. You must be comfortable riding in the city. I had mentioned to Tick that I wanted to eat some street food and he generously bought some for us as well as drinks too. The bikes are in excellent condition - the gears worked better than my bike at home. You can cover alot of ground on a bike over walking and see more of the backstreets of the city. I recommend this tour.

Perth, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Great evening - but!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

As per all other positive comments, I am I totall agreance this tour is a must do, but you need to know , there isn't much information forthcoming other than a bit about the two temples.
As a keen traveller , I am a sponge to learning about as much as possible about every place We visit,,,in this case,,,from the markets we pass, old Bangkok town,a typical residential area , lane way type living,settlements of homeless living under bridges,to even iconic monuments.
You will pass many interesting parts of Bangkok, which I am none the wiser due to our guide ( who was a very nice girl) simply leading the pack for four hours.
I even had to point out the Grand palace !
Whilst we stopped and learned about the two temples, other than learning that " the flower market operates 24 hours a day"--- I (and imagine others) would have liked to learn more about the 'real' Bangkok.

4 attraction reviews
“Amazing 1st Day in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a fantastic way to start our visit in Bangkok. Our guide Tik was awesome. He was very enthusiastic and always made us feel safe. The tour itself gives you a unique experience of this expanding city. Made Bangkok a lot less intimidating. Plenty of stops to cool off and delicious local sweets. While not physically taxing, the tour goes through some very narrow passageways and around some tight corners (but you can always walk your bike if you need to). Thanks a lot Tik! We had a blast! A+T

Coolum Beach, Australia
“The Best Way to See Bangkok by Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wow, what a way to see Bangkok. This is my third visit to Bangkok and for the first time I felt I had discovered something new. As a solo traveller I found this was the perfect way to get out and about in Bangkok at night. The tour is very well organised, providing all the gear with lights, helmets, water etc - they even loaned me a back pack! Our guide Seen was fantastic, he was very knowledgeable and managed to pronounce the full name of Wat Arun, impressing even the Thai participant on our tour! Walking around the beautifully lit temples at night without a soul around was a magical experience. The only other people we saw were the local monks - and the odd friendly temple cat! Cycling through the back alleys, quiet neighbourhoods and along the river you get a real sense of Bangkok. We had regular stops for photos and explanation from Seen. My favourite stop was undoubtedly the flower market where we stopped for a bite to eat from one of the hawker stands and a wander through the flower stalls. I will remember those chargrilled pork morsels and the fresh mango with chilli and sugar forever! I've travelled all over SE Asia and done many day tours - this is one of the best I have done and I can't recommend this tour more highly.

Bangkok, Thailand
“A must for residence or visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having been a long term residence of Bangkok for almost 20 years I have recently decided to re-explore the city.
Based on the previous reviews posted here my Thai partner and I took the tour last Saturday.
To keep this review short and concise all the positive points made in the previous reviews can be confirmed.
My only additional comments would be that the pace of the tour is just right, short riding busts through the back alley's, very diverse and interesting selection of 'stop off' points, and to make the whole trip really worthwhile a very well informed guide and host. Not only did I learn many details of Bangkok, but Thai history also.

Don't procrastinate, book yourself on this tour whether you are a visitor or a resident of the Big Mango.