“Awesome last day in Thailand” 5 of 5 stars

$34*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover a different side of Bangkok! Grasshopper Adventures offers a wide range of cycling tours in Bangkok and the surrounding areas. Half day morning tour to historic Bangkok, a night tour to the famous temples of central Bangkok, a ride to the hidden countryside on the edge of Bangkok, canal boat & bike rides, rides with dinner and rides that take you right out of the city to the coast and floating markets.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome last day in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I can not say enough to describe the awesome day we had on our 'Floating Markets Plus' tour . I was on the trip with my husband and a very good friend. We have traveled together often and so have taken many tours both; self guided and with guides. Nok has to be one of the very best. She was cheerful, informative and excited to be out in the landscape able to share her love of Thailand.

From the flooded streets at the amazing market at the Maeklong Station to the crazy boat traffic at floating market Damnoen Saduak to the beautiful tree covered temple and finally the Amphawa market. It was a perfect representation of the importance of the temples & markets in the Thai peoples everyday life.

The bike ride was along beautiful roads with farms where we saw coconuts if full production and palmetto, tamarind, asparagus and bananas growing along the road. We met farmers, had a wonderful lunch along the river.

I can't wait to go back and try another tour. Cheers to Nok!

Visited January 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Bangkok Nightime Bike Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have a new business called Shop and Drop holidays, essentially taking group of ladies to Bangkok for shopping holidays out of Australia, based in Brisbane. On our wonderful journeys we do many things including shopping on many levels (of course), spa treatments, cooking classes, cruises, cocktails, sight seeing... and so much more. On my last trip I decided to include a Grasshopper Night Time Bike Tour through the back lanes of Bangkok..... Well I could not have been more impressed ! It was an experience that none of us will ever forget. It was a 4 hour tour on a beautiful balmy Bangkok evening, seeing the REAL Bangkok.... through the villages, over bridges, back lanes, across the river on the ferry and the famous flower markets don't get me started on those! Our incredible guide Tik was the ultimate host, and was also a fountain of knowledge of all of the wonderful sights we saw along the way. He was not only sensitive to all levels of fitness, but a very engaging, funny and passionate host. We didn't jump out of a plane, but for me it was one of those moments in life that you will remember for the rest of it... I had a smile on my face for the whole time......The girls and I screeched as we stepped outside our comfort zones, awed at the wonderful temples at night, and laughed ourselves silly at all of the crazy things we saw along the way. We met some fabulous people, and ended up having dinner and drinks with our new cycling mates after the tour in Khao San Road ! I can honestly say I will take every willing group that come on Shop and Drop on the Grasshopper Bangkok night time tour, because I think it was a genuine highlight for my girls, and myself. Thank you guys. I can't wait to do another bike tour with you. x Polly Perkins

Visited October 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“A must do in Bangkok City!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We did the Night Bike Tour of Bangkok and would definitely go back. It was beyond our expectation and provided a great snapshot in a short time. The diversity of the tour was fabulous and the tour guide was very knowledgeable.

Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to see Bangkok executed by a professional outfit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I did both the day tour and the night tour. I highly recommend both.

For me, a big part of the joy of Bangkok is being immersed in all the street activity and you really get that through these bike tours. Both tours involve a lot of cycling in back streets which I found very interesting and fun. Clearly some thought had been put into the routes because they were stimulating throughout and I did not find the tour dragged at all. You could not easily create such a route yourself (let alone follow it without getting horribly lost).

The guides, Seen and Mon, were professional and friendly.

Visited January 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“If you do one thing in Bangkok, make it this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I returned to do the Night Bike Tour of Bangkok having enjoyed it so much on my last trip. If anything this time was even better! We were running late and they waited on us, which was so considerate. Our tour guide Mo was a total legend, and he really gave our tour his own twist. We stopped at the flower market and he bought us loads of great Thai snacks from street food vendors, mostly things I might not have tried on my own but they were all delicious, especially the grilled pork which was to die for. The stops at the temples to see them lit up and tourist-free are just amazing, and racing through the giant park on our way back to the shop at the end was great fun. Thank you Grasshopper, I'll be back again next time!