“If you do one thing in Bangkok, make it this!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 466 Activities in Bangkok
5.0 of 5 stars 909 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover a different side of Bangkok! Grasshopper Adventures offers a wide range of cycling tours in Bangkok and the surrounding areas. Half day morning tour to historic Bangkok, a night tour to the famous temples of central Bangkok, a ride to the hidden countryside on the edge of Bangkok, canal boat & bike rides, rides with dinner and rides that take you right out of the city to the coast and floating markets.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glasgow, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“If you do one thing in Bangkok, make it this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I returned to do the Night Bike Tour of Bangkok having enjoyed it so much on my last trip. If anything this time was even better! We were running late and they waited on us, which was so considerate. Our tour guide Mo was a total legend, and he really gave our tour his own twist. We stopped at the flower market and he bought us loads of great Thai snacks from street food vendors, mostly things I might not have tried on my own but they were all delicious, especially the grilled pork which was to die for. The stops at the temples to see them lit up and tourist-free are just amazing, and racing through the giant park on our way back to the shop at the end was great fun. Thank you Grasshopper, I'll be back again next time!

edinburgh
“Best evening attraction in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Loved the evening cycle tour aroudn Bankok. Very leisurely pace which was nice to take in the sights and sounds of Bangkok. The visits to smaller family temples and large ones which are all light up and very quiet at night were amazing. We managed to catch 2 prayer/worship/ceremonies on the way round just by chance. Street food at the flower market was great. Great guide and well planned and run.
Would highly recommend this tour as one of our favourite things to do in Bangkok. Others would be Chatchuk market and a drink or 2 at a sky bar (we went to the one in the hotel at the central shopping mall). Enjoy!

Visited November 2012
London
8 attraction reviews
“The Bangkok we would never had seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We chose to do the night time bicycle tour of Bangkok at the start of January. It was our first visit to Bangkok and we were only staying for two days, so wanted a way of seeing as much of the city as possible. This was the best way I think we could have chosen.

I am not the greatest on a bike, but after five minutes I was fine. The tour lasted 4 hours, which was just about the right amount of time. We followed our guide Mo, to weave our way through a local street market, then took the back roads towards the ferry to cross the river. We visited Wat Pho, which was wonderfully quiet, very peaceful. The temple was closed but it was beautiful to see it all lit up at night. Mo was very informative and was happy to answer any questions we had.

We made our way to a food market to sample some delicious street foods, which, had we been on our own maybe would not have been brave enough to try, so glad we did. The flower market was also great to see, very vibrant and bustling. I was surprised how busy Bangkok is after dark at the markets.

The main roads were pretty quiet, and we were only on these for short bursts of time, while making our way to the smaller back roads. The bikes have lights on and you are supplied with a helmet. We felt pretty safe, and Mo was very conscientious when we all had to get across a main road.

Water was provided and we had the option of storing our belongings in the locked shop if needed. Yes, the bike riding might be a bit slow for some people (which i was glad of), but it just gave us a chance to see a lot more. Riding through narrow alleys, alongside the river and past the homes of the people that live in Bangkok, gives you a great view of the less touristy side of the city.

If you want to see as much of Bangkok as you can in a short space of time, then this is for you. Brilliantly organised and so much fun. I would highly recommend this tour, and would do another tour in the daytime if we visit again. Its only a short walk from Khao San rd, but do make sure you leave plenty of time to get there, as we ended up stuck in a taxi even though we were picked up from our hotel an hour before the meeting time! Best way to travel there is River boat and then walk.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We did the Bangkok night tour and it was nice but not excellent. The highlight was definitely being able to see the temples at night: quiet, peaceful, and beautiful. We learned things about the temple that we didn't know just visiting our own since we had not gotten an organized tour of the temples on our daytime visits. I felt like most of the night was spent trying to dodge Bankok crowds and traffic. I would definitely not bring younger children on this tour for safety reasons - trying to navigate the crowds, traffic, and bad roads in the dark was not ideal. We are regular bikers and didn't really enjoy the route. We spent a lot of time going extremely slow trying to dodge things or waiting for the group to come back together after getting split up by crowds. For a couple hour bike ride we came away feeling like it was overpriced.
Also - if you are not staying in the Khao San road area... getting to the meeting point at Bangkok rush hour is a real pain.

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Historic tour - great tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We attended the historic half day tour with our two kids (3 and 6 years), and it was a real succes. Our 6-year old does not yet ride a bike on his own, so a tag-along was attached to one bike. On the other bike our 3 year old was sitting in a child seat.

The bikes were in an execellent condition. Very comfortable to ride.

The tour was really interesting, so nice to see Bangkok in another way than what I have previously seen, and I have been to Bangkok many times before. After this tour I really want to join one of the full day tours. But that will be on a later visit - don't know if that would be too much for the kids. The half day was perfect for them.

The only thing I miss after the tour is that I do not know exactly where we have been. We passed many places where I would like to return - but I have no clue how to get there.