My father and I stayed here for 2 nights during our short getaway to Bangkok. While it did seem a bit far away from the train station to the hotel, the hotel staff was very warm and attentive to our needs and requests upon arrival, such as the sweet iced tea at the check-in, and doing their utmost to find a suitable non-smoking room for us. The room was huge for the price, complete with a proper fridge and a washing machine. Despite the room being on a smoking floor (non-smoking was not available) there was no smell at all and they "ozoned" the entire floor for us, which was a nice gesture. A bad mark would be the lack of shower curtain in the toilets, which could result in flash floods in the bathroom if one is not careful with the shower head. The facilities were also very good, with a well-stocked gymnasium and a decent breakfast spread. However in truth, I skipped one of our breakfasts in favour of the numerous street hawkers outside the hotel, which arguably provided a more authentic dining experience.
Other nice touches included the hotel tuk-tuk to send guests to the main road if they did not wish to walk, and free computers and wifi for guests to use. There is also a supermarket nearby for people to buy fruits and drinks, which makes this a very convenient location to stay indeed. Beware of pickpockets on the route from the train station to the hotel though, as there are some dark zones where criminals will make their move. I nearly fell prey to them one night.
Overall, this hotel offers tremendous value for money for accommodation in Bangkok, and would certainly be at the top of my list for any future visits to the Thai capital. Thanks to all the staff who made our experience a comfortable and memorable one!
- Also Known As:
- Adelphi Grande Bangkok Hotel
- Adelphi Grande Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Adelphi Grande Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adelphi Grande is a leading Bangkok Serviced Apartment located on Sukhumvit Soi 41 and is surrounded by a lot of dining and entertainment attractions. Just seven minutes walk to BTS Phrom Phong Station which is the local transport system in Bangkok. Shopping Centers like Emporium is right next door. The Suvarnabhumi International Airport is 30-35 minutes drive from the hotel. Adelphi Grande is designed as per your stay convenience. It features 167 contemporary style Studios and One Bedroom Suites. The suites are elegantly decorated and are laid-out with hardwood flooring. All rooms and suites are furnished with a fully equipped kitchenette, microwave oven,High Speed Internet connectivity and etc. Adelphi Grande is a great place and a good choice for you to escape the hustle and bustle from your busy day; we provide general facilities and services such as Fitness Center, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Cafe Grande is the dining outlet, WiFi High Speed Internet and FREE Tuk-Tuk Shuttle Service. Adelphi Grande, the newest serviced apartment in Bangkok awaits you and your family to stay and experience with us on your next coming Bangkok vacation. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Songkran Sensation Promotion, Rates starting from THB 2,604++ per night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Compass Hospitality, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Adelphi Grande Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.