“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #108 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Mona Vale, Australia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at the Adelphi for three nights in Feb. Upon arrival our check in was really late and the staff were so nice and stayed up late to greet us. The hotel has great facilities, great buffet breakfast. The rooms are clean and very comfortable to stay in. We got an upgrade too! highly recommend!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Bangkok, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed with our facilities and services during your stay with us. Your comments and feedback are valuable for us as the communication such as this that will help us to keep up and improve the standard of our facilities and services to ensure that your stay will be memorable one.

Thank you very much once again for your kind comments and feedback. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphi Grande.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed in Adelphi Grande two times. We booked Superior studio. First time we got upgraded to Grand Suite, which was nice, quite roomy. Second time we were upgraded to Deluxe, but it smelled of smoke, so we were moved to another room, which was Superior (I think, did not ask). The staff was super polite and friendly. The breakfast was really good, with great variety. Location is good with quick access to the skytrain, but in quiet location. Didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked nice and clean. The kitchenettes are well equipped and useful. There are little details though, that prevent me from giving 5 stars and I hope the management can fix that.

1. We booked an extra bed for our 2yo kid, but there is no way the extra bed would have fit into the Superior room. We were OK with that, because our baby slept with us in the bed anyway, but if we had a bigger child, we'd be really cramped.

2. The internet connection on our second stay was barely usable. It worked fine the first time.

3. The air condition is quite noisy.

Room Tip: Superior is quite small, forget it if you want an extra bed. Deluxe is OK. Grande is spacy, has sepa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Bangkok, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and comments regarding your recent visit to our property. Your comments have been noted and discussed. All department heads concerned were informed to address the issues seriously in order to rectify and improve our services. However, we hope that these experiences will not tarnish your impression with us so that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you and your family again at Adelphi Grande.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience which caused you and your family on your recent visit. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you and your family again at Adelphi Grande.

Yours sincerely,

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 8 nights - Jan 2013. The staff are very friendly and always helpful. about 5 minutes walk to BTS train station.

Front staff are always happy to drop us off to the main road in a tuk tuk which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel anyways. The room was very spacious and clean. Good internet connection, quality of food served in the hotel is good and reasonably priced.

The staff spoke good English which was a great help. Loved the breakfast every morning. Good selection of food available. If you dont know what to do for the day, talk to the front counter staff who are more then happy to recommend activities to do around the area.

This is my place to stay whenever I am in Bangkok.

Would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Bangkok, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share us and others your feedback and comments on this Tripadvisor review regarding your recent visit to our property. We are delighted to learn that our facilities and service met your expectations in most categories so that you had a pleasant stayed with us.

In regards to your additional comments about our staff, I will be more than happy to share your kind comment with them. We would like to thank you for your kind observations and fine compliments as it is most rewarding to learn that our efforts to provide the quality of service and personal attention are appreciated by our guests.

Once again please accept our sincere appreciation for your kind feedback and comments as well as the willingness to recommend our property to others. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphi Grande.

Faithfully yours,

melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the adelphi suites last time i was in bangkok and I loved it so I thought I'd give the adelphi grande a try. It wasn't bad, it had great facilities, great restatraunt and fantastic location ( super close to the sky train). Yet it was the small things that made my stay there not as enjoyable as I would have liked. The first thing was my room,I did a early bird booking of a standard studio room.I booked this room in particular not because it was cheaper, but because from seeing the pics online I noticed that the upgraded room didn't have a tv in front of the bed, so I made sure I booked a studio room. When I was showed my room I noticed it wasn't like the pictures, I enquiried at the reception and they said they upgraded me because the studio room was full. A little fustrating because i got stuck with room I made sure I didn't book.
The second thing was the laundry we got woken at 8 the first and second morning and on the third morning I was just about to get in the shower when I heard the bell ring, I grabbed a towel and as I opened the bathroom door, the cleaning lady or the laudry lady had let herself in,( yet i hadnt pressed the make my room button.) Again a simple mistake but a little annoying, it would have been embarrassing if she'd walked in 5 minutes earlier. I noticed later on there was a do not Disturb button, but surely you don't have to have it on all the time? The third thing would be the wireless, it worked the first 2 days and stopped working all together the last 2 days, even after the staff had said it was fixed.
Overall this is a good service apartment 3.5 out of 5, it's just the small things they need to work on like the wireless, the bedroom layout, the laundry and (surely putting your clothes outside your door would suffice, instead of someone ringing the bell at 8am every morning ) and perhaps putting the shower up higher. If I was going to stay at an adelphi hotel again, I'll choose the suites instead of the grande.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued guest,

May we take this opportunity to thank you for the message you have raised to our attention regarding you recent visit to our property through this Tripadvisor review. I was truly disappointed to learn about your experience at our property during your stayed. I unreservedly apologize for the incident which caused an inconvenience to you.

By no mean this is an excuse for any of the events but it has highlighted the need for us to review our procedure and training for associates as this is absolutely not our common practice of servicing our valued customers. We will address all points mentioned and we will do our best to rectify the problem.

We sincerely hope that this experience will not tarnish your impression with us and that we will have the opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande, so that we can remedy the poor impression created.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

A very nice place to stay. I had stayed with my family for 5 days there. Very clean,artistically done up rooms...... kitchenette was also very useful for me. The hotel has a very polite staff, provides delicious food(complimentary bf also too good). The hotel's tuk tuk service is helpful ( mostly one way from the hotel to the main road). The bts phromphong station is also within a reasonable walking distance. There are good street restaurants, small joints,bakery and a superb shop called Naraya(for purses, diff styled bags....)The Emporium mall is also close by. Overall a good value for money. Will definitely like to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Bangkok, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback on the trip advisor review. We are delighted to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable stayed with us on your recent visit to Bangkok, especially with our facilities and services. It is most rewarding to learn that our special efforts to provide highest quality of service and personal attention are appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind observations and comments. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphi Grande.

Faithfully yours,

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It’s my second time in Adelphi Grande and wasn’t disappointed again. The hotel is located on green, quiet street away from Bangkok traffic noise and dust. The nearest train station Promp Pong is just 5 minutes walk. There is free Tuk-Tuk which can take you to the main road just in a few seconds; I saw families with small children used it and kids just love it! The reception staffs is very helpful and professional. Breakfast has a choice of Western and Asian food; anything from yoghurt, cereal to steamed vegetable and fried rice. The restaurant’ stuff is very kind; they make you feel welcomed and comfortable. The swimming pool area is quite nice; you can order drink or ice cream from the restaurant menu at a reasonable price and enjoy it near the pool. The room is quite large and has washing machine, fridge, cooker, microwave, cutlery and pots, which are good to have especially for a long stay. The Emporium shopping centre at Promp Pong train station, also there is a Top supermarket just a 2- min walk. The hotel is great for long or short stay; it’s good value and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Bangkok, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Valued guests,

It is always our great pleasure to hear the feedback and comments from our valued guests, especially our repeated guest. We are delighted to see that you had a wonderful stayed with us again on your second visit. To our observations we also learn that most of the children enjoyed the ride (Tuk Tuk) to the main street event it is a short ride. However, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind observations and feedback.

With regards to your kind comments about our staff, I will be more than happy to share them your kind comments. Thank you very much for your feedback and fine compliments. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande.

Yours sincerely,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Fine hotel. Clean. Friendly and accomodating staff. Internet bit slow but pretty decent, and wifi even works poolside. Western breakfast is simple, but fine, haven't tried Asian. Good value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Bangkok, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Valued guests,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your short comments on the tripadvisor review regarding your recent visit to our property. We are glad to see that you enjoy your stayed with us while you were in Bangkok.

Thank you for staying with us. We wish you and your family a beautiful New Year filled with peace and gladness. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande

Sorayuth Sutthipholpaiboon

Been to Adelphi Grande Bangkok? Share your experiences!