“Cute hotel with superb Thai welcome and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Resort Bangphlat

You added Resort Bangphlat to your Saves list
Resort Bangphlat
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Charan Sanit Wong Soi 77/1 | Bangphlat, Bangkok 10700, Thailand   |
Ranked #206 of 467 Bangkok B&B and Inns
NZ
“Cute hotel with superb Thai welcome and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Travelled to Thailand and chose this hotel because it seemed to have atmosphere. I could only find one review for it but it was favourable so I went ahead and booked. This hotel is not 5* for amenities (ie gym, pool, bar, numerouse restaurants) but what it lacks in that area it more than compensates in just being the most welcoming hotel in a foreign city. I have never been to Thailand before and as a solo woman traveller, I was keenly aware of wanting to feel safe and secure (so that ruled out the backpackers places which I had considered). Equally though I did not want to stay at a big chain hotel, where I'd be safe but could have been anywhere in the world.
Resort Bangphlat ticked all the boxes - small, friendly, atmospheric, restaurant food quite excellent (not extensive but the lime steamed sea bass was to die for). Situated in a residential area on the other side of the river, it was definitely NOT tourist town. In fact when I was joined after my first week by my friend, we were the about the only non-asians around.
Walking around locally was great - not hassled at all (unlike when we visited Khao San Rd!) but with the modern convenience of Tesco Lotus just 5-10 minute walk away.
The hotel itself had the all important efficient aircon in both bedrooms and although only one bathroom, we were very comfortable.
The staff saw to our every need and despite the lack of good english speaking staff, they helped us with all of our queries and, indeed assisted us in not a few key Thai phrases.
Both my friend and I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Families
Business
Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Loved this place
Was a little bit suspicious because couldn't find any reviews abaout the place but it ended up to be onde special/ hidden gemm.
Tipically furnished little wood houses - with lots of charm and character - it felt really good after long days of sightseing.
Go ahead and try it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Resort Bangphlat? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Resort Bangphlat

Address: Charan Sanit Wong Soi 77/1 | Bangphlat, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Location: Thailand > Bangkok
Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #206 of 467 B&Bs / Inns in Bangkok
Hotel Class:3 star — Resort Bangphlat 3*
Bangphlat Resort is Bangkok’s premier traditional resort. Located a short local bus or taxi ride from the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and the Floating Market. This resort has modern conveniences with the style and character of an historic Thai village. Each house has a living room with television, bathroom, balcony, bedroom and work room. There is Wi-Fi throughout the resort. The bathrooms feature large rose-head showers with plenty of hot water available at all times. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Resort Bangphlat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Resort Bangphlat, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.