“nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

You added Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Sukhumvit Road Soi 13-15 | Klongtoey Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Special Offer
So relaxing package
Ranked #37 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is quite new and clean, the bed is really comfortable, i walk to bts NANA station only 3mins. There is a nice louge at lobby, i had comlimentary drink there.
The swimming pool is big. i will stay again next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear vivian390,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We all looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit sometime soon.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I arrived on November 18th as part of our 3 year wedding anniversary trip through Asia. I had been planning this trip for months and had booked and even prepaid my room about 4 months prior. We arrived at 4:15pm and were told that our room would not be available until AT LEAST 10pm because there were airline crews or something there that won't depart until late. Having just arrived off a flight ourselves, we just wanted to sit down, rest, and take a shower but unlike the pilots and crew staying there, we were denied. The front desk area was in absolute shambles as apparently about 30 other people were having the same issue. All they would offer me is a free cocktail and breakfast. The staff really could care less about the situation it seemed and were not genuine at all in the their apologies for the situation. I proposed that since they wouldn't have my room till late, that perhaps they could give me a late checkout so I could enjoy the hotel despite getting in late. I mean after all if I wanted too arrive late and leave early I would have just stayed at the airport hotel as they're used to that sort of thing. They would only give me a 1pm checkout. So I give up having a room for 6 hours, and they offer me 1....poor deal don't you think?

Anyways, I had enough of their nonsense and called Expedia's Elite Plus line as I have VIP status with them. I told them about the situation and asked for their help with either rebooking somewhere else, or something along those lines. They called the hotel to confirm the situation with a manager. Apparently that was all that was needed to get their attention as they immediately came over to me while I was on the phone and told me my room was ready. If they had a room this whole time, why the charades? I shouldn't have to call in the big guns to get a room that I paid for 4 months ago. It was 45 minutes of needless stress.

I would have only given the hotel a 1/5 rating, but I decided to give them 2/5 because the staff (front desk excluded) was excellent, the room was very nice, and I enjoyed the use of the Club level.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear CalvinUndHobbes,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience you had during your stay with us.

On behalf of the team of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, I would like to offer my deep apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced. As devoted hoteliers ourselves we fully understand the enthusiasm you had prior to visiting our hotel & we regret letting you down during your 3 years wedding anniversary vacation with your partner.

We take this issue seriously and we are taking significant steps so that a similar situation does not take place again. It is of utmost priority that our service lives up to the high standards you expect and deserve. We cannot recreate the excitement you had prior to your vacation and we again apologize for disappointing you.

I totally understand that what counts most is the first impression and if this moment is missed it’s going to be very challenging to change ones impression. Nevertheless, comments such as yours, will make us work even harder. I can assure you, the commitment from the team and myself to deliver Service Excellence remains our main target. As a consequence of your experience, we will increase our moments of training in particular focus on customer relationship and how to handle customer requests.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. We promise to work even harder to regain your trust and confidence in us.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Good location ~ walk to bts station. Nice view from high floor. Suite has a big bedroom, bathroom with separate shower, a powder room, seating and study area, with a balcony. There is a coffee maker - illy with capsules. Newly opened.

• Stayed November 2012
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear le0ne0,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this very nice comment about your recent stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

We are delighted to hear you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed the room. We are glad you mention the Illy coffee machine. This is provided in all Club & Suite rooms.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had prebooked and prepaid for 2 rooms for checkin on 18 Nov and checkout on 19 Nov 2012. As i write this at appr 1815 hrs on the 18th of Nov 2012, i have received only one room, that even after waiting and arguing at the reception for more than half an hour when i arrived at 1350 hrs.

i was promised that i would get the second room positively by 6 pm but even now, the room is not available !!! All that the front desk staff has to say is that the rooms are fully booked - i do not understand how they can accept a confirmed booking and then say that the room is not available. What is worse is that there is absolutely no sign of any regret from their side at this - a tepid sorry and a half baked offer of a free dinner is all that they can offer, as if a free dinner would make up for the incompetency and insensitivity they have displayed.

Sofitel seems to absolutely personify and redefine the word "arrogance". The worst display of customer sensitivity that i have seen in any hotel i have ever stayed in anywhere in the world

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear The_Travel-aire,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience you had during your arrival at our hotel.

I’d like to sincerely apologies for all those inconveniences you had to go through. These incidents clearly don’t reflect what we are committed to deliver to each and every one of our guest. I fully agree with you that having wait 4 hours for the rooms is not what one can expect of a 5* luxury hotel. We regret letting you down.

We remain committed to providing the highest quality service to you and promise to work even harder to regain your trust and confidence in us. Thank you for your support and patience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel hasn't been open long but the wonderful service experienced was as you'd expect from any more established Sofitel hotel.

We stayed in their basic room which was very spacious and came with a Samsung smart tv and Bose iPod dock. The bed was a signature Sofitel bed. If you haven't slept in one of these before the best description I can give its like sleeping in a cloud. The most comfortable sleep you'll experience. The bathroom was really beautiful and the amenities very luxurious. My only complaint is that the shower leaks water which was annoying but wouldn't stop me staying again.

We enjoyed a beautiful buffet breakfast each morning in the voila restaurant. Again great service and really beautiful food. We also had dinner in the restaurant on one night and it was fabulous. Amazing selection of great produce and I was very impressed by the cheese room and selection of cooked to order meats like salmon, beef steak and chicken. Room service was also great and very reasonably priced.

The pool area is a real bangkok haven. Water features, beautiful gardens and background music do a great job of making you feel anywhere but in the hustle bustle of Bangkok city. It was so nice to head to the pool area for a little r&r after a busy day exploring the city.

The hotel location is also great within easy walking distance of shopping and the sky rail and underground metro stations. I've always stayed in the pathmuwan district on previous visits but I was very impressed by how convenient this location was.

My husband and I are advantage plus members and have stayed at many sofitels and eaten at many of the restaurants so held a very high standard for what we expected of this hotel. It definitely did not disappoint. Sofitel sukhumvit was like our little bangkok oasis and we will definitely stay here again on future visits. A truly memorable stay and congratulations to the staff for maintaining such a high standard.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Leesh25,

We are delighted to hear you had a great time with us and glad to know you enjoyed the hotel facilities. Indeed the members of Accor Advantage Plus, receive the extra care from us.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at our property.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the end of September.
The location was good and the staff were helpful.
However, the WiFi in our room was very weak. Water leakage from the shower was so serious that half of the bathroom was wet. We went back to our room one afternoon to take a shower, but found that our room was out of electricity.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Calla12345,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

I would like, and on behalf of the team of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, to offer my deep apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay with us. Regarding the water leakage from shower and the weakness of wifi, I’m happy to inform you that we have already started to rectify these defects in all those rooms affected.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything is nice, clean, polished. Great hotel to stay. Nice swimming pool, fitness, sauna. Room are very well designed, double access door closet from bathroom, big bathroom with good spacing. Quality L'Occitane toiletries really brought the stay to the next level. Hermes toiletries for club floor!

I found service was a bit slow when I requested anything to arrive to the room. No welcome fruit basket I used to get from Novotel - they're the same Accor group. Sofitel So hotel offered free mini-bar, at least. I think there's some room to improve on the service. For the speed of response, perhaps they were very busy when I requested.

Lunch buffet at Voila had a nice selection of food. I liked "Khanom Gene" stand, offering tasty Thai noodle in green curry and chilli curry. Fantastic cheese room offering very good cheese.

The location is good, not too far from skytrain and within walking distance with roadside shops to nearby malls, shops, restaurants although not right next to the train station. Traffic in and out of the hotel can be very bad so it's better to use skytrain during rush hours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Artidon,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel, we really appreciate it.

Whilst we delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us generally; we regret that you found the service was a bit slow and need of improvement. We are sorry for some hiccups you found with our room. We have noted on every point you have raised. With your valuable comments, this will help us improve our products and services in order to create a wonderful and memorable experience for every guest.

We are looking forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Been to Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!